+2
Tringreen
Mock Cuncher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

The PAFC Panto Villains Thread Empty
PostSubject: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:58 am

Name someone who has been castigated massively over the years by Argyle fans, when, really, worse things happen at sea.

Joe Kinnear - Performed the heinous crime of belitting our squad in the attempt to get an advantage over us for his side, Luton. Argyle fans go ape. Sell out Luton away end and the 'Argyle lads 4 eva' start on some local asian shopkeepers. Start singing crass songs about heart attacks and still hate Luton to this day.

Peter Swan - Ok, so he was a dick. A big dick. However he was just one player amongst many, and yet there is a common perception that he was a key figure in Argyle's demise in the early to mid 1990s. As much of a bellsniff as I'm sure he was, one man can not bear that much responsibility when, as a player, he has so little control.

Any more?

/argo history
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:54 am

Ian Holloway..................... perfect for us. If only we'd had directors of class, integrity and substance................... like Blackpool !

My we had fun singing 'f*ck off Holloway and wearing masks !
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:06 am

Paul Stapleton (using his real name for a change)

Dan MaCauley
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:49 am

pepsipete wrote:
Paul Stapleton (using his real name for a change)

You'd be tarred and feathered over on the farm
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:57 am

Minor villains but....

I seem to remember Paul Ince when playing for Wolves as given brief pariah status for saying something like "having to go to places like Plymouth".

Steve Claridge has been a villain over the past few seasons for predicting us to struggle. The fact that he was 100% right and we were relegated twice doesn't seem to bother those intent on having a go at him.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:04 am

Freathy wrote:
Minor villains but....

I seem to remember Paul Ince when playing for Wolves as given brief pariah status for saying something like "having to go to places like Plymouth".

Steve Claridge has been a villain over the past few seasons for predicting us to struggle. The fact that he was 100% right and we were relegated twice doesn't seem to bother those intent on having a go at him.

Agreed.......... but Claridge is a typical football moron who can't speak proper. Why do so many football people speak in the wrong tense ?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:34 am

Bobby Williamson - the man actually had a tendency to play good football, and we finished 16th in the first season in the Championship. Will remember the consecutive home thumpings of Sheffield United, Brighton and Crewe, as well as victories against Forest twice and Sunderland at home. A couple of defeats on the road, sure, but had we given him a bit more money...and his first name not been 'Bobby', then who knows.

Paul Ince is a great shout. "Incey is a wanker"...who was the West Ham keeper who said similar, was it Bywater? What a JERK. lol.

Dion Dublin is another one. Sparksy losing his rag whenever we played against Norwich prompting the beards to frenetically spasm in their seats in the Demport. OMG Argyle are playing someone with a high profile player...let's heckle him.

I wouldn't say Stapletoss or Fat Dan are particularly pantomime villains, they're genuine crooks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:34 am

Julian Alsop

A terrible lower league donkey of a player who was a total thug. He always seemed to play well against us though. He also played for Cheltenham who are a team I despise more then any other (for reasons I am not quite sure about).

My favourite moments was during a game at HP in League One (or whatever it was called then). Alsop missed a sitter in front of the packed Devonport End. They seemed to rise as one and gave a rendition of "Alsop is a donkey, Alsop is a donkey". Alsop looked like he was about to launch himself into the crowd and his team mates had to pull him away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 10:18 am

Kevin Hodges - Took a lot of stick for off the field problems that screwed up the team. You would have to go a long way before you would find a more loyal guy to the cause, much of the stick he took was undeserved.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:15 am

controversial, but:-

Kagami - Put yourself in his shoes. Promised that we'd sign a few Japanese players in return for his investment so he could try and market the club in Japan. This didn't happen and suddenly he was being castigated for the failures of Todd, Stapes et al to form a viable UK business model and being asked to put in money to help save a club he'd got no links with whatsoever. He didn't even pretend to care about the club, he stayed in Japan and was reliant on others for his far-east marketing venture to succeed. When the shit hit the fan, the communications at the club blamed old Yasuaki for being the one to not provide the funds - he was a scapegoat! Not exactly blameless as the communication between them all should have been better, but if Tony Wrathall has been forgiven, and Stapes is all but on his way back, then I'd not stick as much blame on Kagami either.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:39 am

To deflect blame away from "it's not my fault" *****wallet, I think Sir Roy and Toddy will be officially recorded in the history books as most evil pair of villains ever to have darkened the door of PAFC. However, to the pasoti mob *****wallet will crawl out of the steaming pile of manure smelling of fresh roses.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Julian Alsop

A terrible lower league donkey of a player who was a total thug. He always seemed to play well against us though. He also played for Cheltenham who are a team I despise more then any other (for reasons I am not quite sure about).

My favourite moments was during a game at HP in League One (or whatever it was called then). Alsop missed a sitter in front of the packed Devonport End. They seemed to rise as one and gave a rendition of "Alsop is a donkey, Alsop is a donkey". Alsop looked like he was about to launch himself into the crowd and his team mates had to pull him away.

I remember that chant, I think it was finished with "Ee-aw ee-aw" and he missed a sitter from about 5 yards, lashing the ball high into the Devonport end.

Along the same lines, McCarthy had the donkey treatment, when we played Exeter (a long time ago when we were better than them) and got sent off 9 inutes after coming on as a sub, after elbowing Coughlan.

Although not a villain as such, Pleat was managing Leicester, and had just been done for kerb crawling. When one of their players went down injured, the Lyndhurst chanted 'bring on the prostitute'.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:10 pm

John Clayton came in for one heck of a lot of abuse week in week out.
I though he was quite a reasonable player, quite skilled and a darn sight better than anything up at Home Park in the last 3 years.
What strangely seemed to get the goat of the crowd was his whiter than white legs and maybe even the way he ran, I can't quite remember. I think he ended up playing abroad, maybe Holland ? ... probably hounded out of the country.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Anyone remember Keith Allen giving two fingers to the stand with both hands on being substituted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Hsa ha I think I do Pete, didn't he have a prominent chin, very blond as I remember... in a Steve cooper sort of way .... RIP.
I remember Bix doing it once and also Frank Lord, the rapport in those days was great. Frank also got a great deal of unfair abuse due to his apparent carthorse nature. Great player and probably the best header of a ball the world has ever seen... you didn't get in his way when he was jumping.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 6:03 pm

Rory Fallon - signed as back up 4th or 5th choice striker, at best Rory was an option to throw on in the last 20 minutes because he is quite tall. So was it really his fault we sold the better players and were left lumbering with him alone up front? By the time he was our key man up front, remember, the key players providing the service were about as good as Chris Clark and Kari Arnasen, and I'm not saying he was any good because in 90% of games he was complete dog-shite, but at least he put himself about a bit and seemed to have some freak sort of affinity with the club.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 6:45 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Hsa ha I think I do Pete, didn't he have a prominent chin, very blond as I remember... in a Steve cooper sort of way .... RIP.
I remember Bix doing it once and also Frank Lord, the rapport in those days was great. Frank also got a great deal of unfair abuse due to his apparent carthorse nature. Great player and probably the best header of a ball the world has ever seen... you didn't get in his way when he was jumping.

Yep,i remember Keith giving the two fingers to the grandstand.Not a bad player actually,i think his career was ended by injury.He was a good cricketer too,i saw him playing for Plymstock in Tavvy once,he spent the afternoon in the field cussing and blinding in the direction of whoever the "Jammy effing barsteward" was holding the bat for Tavvy at any given moment. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The PAFC Panto Villains Thread   The PAFC Panto Villains Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The PAFC Panto Villains Thread
Page 1 of 1