Trust Loan/Gift

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete1886

Pete1886

Trust Loan/Gift Empty
PostSubject: Trust Loan/Gift   Trust Loan/Gift EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:07 pm

I see the trust has announced the results of their consultation. With an overwhelming majority the motion has been passed.

I haven't bothered to find out how to do links yet but it's out there in cyberspace. The final count was 77-7 it's not very clear if that's a ratio or the actual number of votes...

Interesting use of 'overwhelming majority'
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Trust Loan/Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trust Loan/Gift   Trust Loan/Gift EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 5:23 pm

There's an overwhelming majority of Aviva boys on the farm too. jocolor
Back to top Go down

Trust Loan/Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trust Loan/Gift   Trust Loan/Gift EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 5:34 pm

pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig

sunny Suspect jocolor afro scratch affraid cat

We can take 'em.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Trust Loan/Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trust Loan/Gift   Trust Loan/Gift EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 5:55 pm

I'd hope that that is a ratio, as surely a decision as important as this can't be decided upon by less than a tenth of the members votes?

Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Pete1886

Pete1886

Trust Loan/Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trust Loan/Gift   Trust Loan/Gift EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Those were my thoughts Mock, but I have a horrible feeling they were votes cast.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Trust Loan/Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trust Loan/Gift   Trust Loan/Gift EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
Those were my thoughts Mock, but I have a horrible feeling they were votes cast.

So far less than 10% of the trust membership bother to vote:

What do these figures say to anybody...

It tells me that the membership knew already what the outcome was (as the trust had already told them that their 'vote' was not actually a 'vote') and just didn't bother to reply.

The fact that way less than 10% of the Trust membership responded, speaks volumes to me.

The trust now is nothing more than a Pasoti mouthpiece. Hopefully though, they will get a few more to their party on Monday than Pasoti did a few nights ago. It would be very interesting to know how many Trust members turn up on Monday who are not 'active' posters on pasoti. I doubt more than a handfull.

And, let's see who gets to ask the questions? It will be the same old 'in' crowd!

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Trust Loan/Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trust Loan/Gift   Trust Loan/Gift EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 8:48 pm

I've only just seen the result. Chris Webb is a union man in his day job isn't he? Although a young guy he's following the heritage of the old time union barons, less than a 10% turnout is an overwhelming majority and now the shop floor are being roused to come into the Guildhall clutching their cloth caps to have a go at "the bosses". Beer and sandwiches in the Boardroom before long.

As I rider I think Chris' methods maybe the best way to shake up the suits, back in the day I'd have put myself up in the forthcoming Trust Elections but I'm far too old and lazy now, so good luck to him.
Back to top Go down

Trust Loan/Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trust Loan/Gift   Trust Loan/Gift EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Well, if I know my history, we have been well used to one person deciding if the country goes to war, so this 'vote' is quintessentially English.

In the real world, the '84 voters' have been subject to the usual manufacture of consent and this money has long been earmarked as a token of the Trust's intention in their forthcoming 3 way civil partnership. If this were a present day Union strike vote, the ISC would be liable to imprisonment if acted upon. Of course, it won't do a shred of good, all it has done is reduced the tension temporarily between ten people.

Can't wait for the 'troops' to return from the front tomorrow ... I'm sure there will be tales of courage and daring, with a renewed desire to hunt down the non attending keyboard warriors. jocolor
The only interesting thing tomorrow will be how openly the likes of Ridsdale try to turn the fans' anger into pressure onto Pengelly. Make no mistake, that's what he, and probably Guilfoyle, has in mind ... the more dust, the bigger the armageddon, the more he'll like it.
Back to top Go down

Trust Loan/Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trust Loan/Gift   Trust Loan/Gift EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 am

84 votes from 1,100 members! The Trust has everyone's email address, they should been contacted and a proper vote organised for something so important, there was no time restriction.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Trust Loan/Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trust Loan/Gift   Trust Loan/Gift EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:13 am

PL2 3DQ wrote:
84 votes from 1,100 members! The Trust has everyone's email address, they should been contacted and a proper vote organised for something so important, there was no time restriction.

In all fairness...

I was contacted by email.

How many emails were sent though?

It seems the response was apathetic, but why is the question?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trust Loan/Gift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trust Loan/Gift   Trust Loan/Gift Empty

Back to top Go down

Trust Loan/Gift
Page 1 of 1