We'll Meet Again

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

We'll Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: We'll Meet Again   We'll Meet Again EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:15 pm

I start this thread not as a dig at our chums up the road but in salutation to my own ignorance. Obviously the tune was played up there last year when we lost. No matter how doomed we looked we were not relegated that day and then they played Vera Lynn at the end. Wasn't it more an acceptance on their part that either we would be promoted again before long or that they would be relegated leading to us playing each other again before long? And so it has come to pass. So what is the problem here? Or am I right and there is no problem at all?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

We'll Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We'll Meet Again   We'll Meet Again EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Here is another song.

Have you heard it's in the stars. Next season we colide with Exetar (bit of license there but you get the drift)

It was always going to be Sir Francis. Exeter cannot and will not sustain any higher division football than the odd flirtation with league one. Sadly because I don't actually mind Torquay, it is the same for them but more so. But, give them their one season of gloating because it may be the last for a while.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

We'll Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We'll Meet Again   We'll Meet Again EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 9:36 am

Neither Exeter or Torquay haver got what it takes to sustain anything other than a L2 or BSP team. If Torquay go up then great, really pleased for their fans as L1 is their Premiership. I hope they enjoy their season in the big time. BTW Exeter aren't relegated yet. In fact they're putting up one helluva fight. Miracles happen but at the moment they do look doomed.
Back to top Go down

We'll Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We'll Meet Again   We'll Meet Again EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 9:42 am

I just find the whole rivalry thing with our Devon friends, embarrassingly cringe worthy & insincere. I think it would be great to see all three Devon clubs doing well, thank God Torquay have something to shout about this season.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

We'll Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We'll Meet Again   We'll Meet Again EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 9:52 am

GOB wrote:
I just find the whole rivalry thing with our Devon friends, embarrassingly cringe worthy & insincere. I think it would be great to see all three Devon clubs doing well, thank God Torquay have something to shout about this season.

GOB, it is one of the main reasons PAFC is regarded as country cousins across the land. A city club that has been run and supported by far too many insular and parochial people.

Brent may turn out to be different but his choice of letting the big kids loose in the sweet shop, does not bode well.
Back to top Go down

We'll Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We'll Meet Again   We'll Meet Again EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:14 am

Listening to the commentry yesterday, Windsor Boy Chris Webb was slating Exeter at every opportunity, rejoicing at their impending relegation.
Sparksy largely ignored him but had to tell him to behave in the end. Hard to imagine anyone less presidential. #whatanembarrassment
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

We'll Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We'll Meet Again   We'll Meet Again EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 11:28 am

Lets just hope they don't give us a couple of tonkings then, next season. It sounds as if they're quite neat at the 'mo and if calamity Kryzech? (TM DTT?) hadn't been so dire in the last 10 minutes last week they would be even better placed to pull off the great escape. That Alan Gow sounds some player Shocked
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

We'll Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We'll Meet Again   We'll Meet Again EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 11:47 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Here is another song.

Have you heard it's in the stars. Next season we colide with Exetar (bit of license there but you get the drift)

It was always going to be Sir Francis. Exeter cannot and will not sustain any higher division football than the odd flirtation with league one. Sadly because I don't actually mind Torquay, it is the same for them but more so. But, give them their one season of gloating because it may be the last for a while.

Why cant they ? look at at our rugby club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We'll Meet Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: We'll Meet Again   We'll Meet Again Empty

Back to top Go down

We'll Meet Again
Page 1 of 1