Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

*****2500***** Empty
PostSubject: *****2500*****   *****2500***** EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:22 pm

posts.

Or thereabouts, thus far, on ATD (reminds me somewhat of STD?).

If we keep working hard and really put our backs into it, then in 3 year's time collectively we'll have as many as 'Porkus' on Exeweb!

Cool

Seriously, the site is looking active and informed. I hope this can continue into the future.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

*****2500***** Empty
PostSubject: Re: *****2500*****   *****2500***** EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:46 pm

Let's hope so, but, you know what the greatest problem is the stalwarts obsession with what's being said on pasoti. Yep, I know there's a lot of resentment about how some of you have been treated and I understand that but on this site your views would be a lot more cogent if you stopped looking back all the time.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

*****2500***** Empty
PostSubject: Re: *****2500*****   *****2500***** EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:07 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Let's hope so, but, you know what the greatest problem is the stalwarts obsession with what's being said on pasoti. Yep, I know there's a lot of resentment about how some of you have been treated and I understand that but on this site your views would be a lot more cogent if you stopped looking back all the time.

Could not agree more.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

*****2500***** Empty
PostSubject: Re: *****2500*****   *****2500***** EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:16 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Could not agree more.

I can certainly see why you would hold that view, it's certainly a valid one.

However... Like it or not (and I don't) Pasoti has become very much a part of the 'political' scene surrounding Argyle.

The 'blending' of Pasoti, The GT's, and the "Trust" has very much made it so. The "trust" now can't effectively exist without pasoti. Their refusal to open a forum on their own site or even put pressure on Pasoti to open the forum promised to them there,shows they are happy with the 'teaming'.

It's impossible to discuss the future of Argyle without talking about them.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

*****2500***** Empty
PostSubject: Re: *****2500*****   *****2500***** EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Ricks, my hope for the future of secure football in Plymouth lies with the Trust and I will continue to say what I think about same on all available forums. I think a lot of folk think it's an instant solution but I'm looking 5 or 10 years down the line and I will forgive them for using PASOI as an easy in to Argyle fans to get themselves off the ground.
Back to top Go down

*****2500***** Empty
PostSubject: Re: *****2500*****   *****2500***** EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:56 am

I think Pasoti is now as much as part of the Argyle furniture as the Herald, The Brit, The Trust, and the G'Ts. I don't think there is anything wrong with talking about it or talking about stories/posts on there. But I think we need to move on from Naps/Ponty bashing - but that is easy for me to say as I have not had to put up with the shit others have had to deal with years. Naps and Ponty do seem to be withdrawing from the battle so maybe things will run their course and calm down with time.

Our "Unique Selling Point" is that we want to attract independent thinkers who want to have a debate about Argyle. There are too many posters on Pasoti and the only way to debate anything is by being controversial or by being in the clique. I want this site to be the alternative to that.

Its early days and here's to the next 2500 posts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

*****2500***** Empty
PostSubject: Re: *****2500*****   *****2500***** EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:18 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I think Pasoti is now as much as part of the Argyle furniture as the Herald, The Brit, The Trust, and the G'Ts. I don't think there is anything wrong with talking about it or talking about stories/posts on there. But I think we need to move on from Naps/Ponty bashing - but that is easy for me to say as I have not had to put up with the shit others have had to deal with years. Naps and Ponty do seem to be withdrawing from the battle so maybe things will run their course and calm down with time.

Our "Unique Selling Point" is that we want to attract independent thinkers who want to have a debate about Argyle. There are too many posters on Pasoti and the only way to debate anything is by being controversial or by being in the clique. I want this site to be the alternative to that.

Its early days and here's to the next 2500 posts Very Happy

Well said that man. Pasoti could of course take a lot of our 'tackling fuel' away from we dissidents, by restoring wrongly banned fans but they have thus far appeared to be too lacking in sophistication to comprehend that subtlety.
They will continue to try, by any means possible, to prevail. I believe Del and Ricks have met with these chaps, so the 'real people,real world' argument is fatally flawed.

To effect change and unite fans of all levels of dedication and persuasion, tolerance of all viewpoits is required.Once positions of power are abused and mob mentality prevails, the minorities are sent on a different and more destructive campaign. You never know, they just might be right sometimes too ! Shocked
Back to top Go down

*****2500***** Empty
PostSubject: Re: *****2500*****   *****2500***** EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:52 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
There are too many posters on Pasoti and the only way to debate anything is by being controversial or by being in the clique. I want this site to be the alternative to that.

Very well put Frank. It's the culture of the place that is it's worst enemy... and things get polarised almost immediately into a question of treason and sedition, and then out comes the three line whip in what are deemed more serious matters by the leaders, like the latest 'we must have unity". No we mustn't, what we must have is a continuing honest appraisal of what's going down .. it's how it is after a game.

I also think with the new media ways, that site has linevitably been morphing into a bit of a poodle for the club, very similar to the Herald/WMN and their imperative to keep their noses clean. How pointless and mind numbing is that 'I agree' smiley accompanied by a big fat nothing.

I remember using the fansites of Leicester during the Holloway thing, and while I understand they are a bigger club, I was struck how different they were to Pasoti and how well their quite seperate websites coexisted with their different angles.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

*****2500***** Empty
PostSubject: Re: *****2500*****   *****2500***** EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:52 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
There are too many posters on Pasoti and the only way to debate anything is by being controversial or by being in the clique. I want this site to be the alternative to that.

Very well put Frank. It's the culture of the place that is it's worst enemy... and things get polarised almost immediately into a question of treason and sedition, and then out comes the three line whip in what are deemed more serious matters by the leaders, like the latest 'we must have unity". No we mustn't, what we must have is a continuing honest appraisal of what's going down .. it's how it is after a game.

I also think with the new media ways, that site has linevitably been morphing into a bit of a poodle for the club, very similar to the Herald/WMN and their imperative to keep their noses clean. How pointless and mind numbing is that 'I agree' smiley accompanied by a big fat nothing.

I remember using the fansites of Leicester during the Holloway thing, and while I understand they are a bigger club, I was struck how different they were to Pasoti and how well their quite seperate websites coexisted with their different angles.

I just loves my Argo I do ................. and you moaners can feck off and support Man U . jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

*****2500***** Empty
PostSubject: Re: *****2500*****   *****2500***** Empty

Back to top Go down

*****2500*****
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: