Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Marjons connection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The Marjons connection Empty
PostSubject: The Marjons connection   The Marjons connection EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Press conference tomorrow. Sounds like the Marjons 'facility share' of the old/new owners is still on the agenda. The original deal for Argyle training facilities at Derriford was punched in the teeth by Further Eductaion grants being cut. It would also 'free up' some of the Harper's Park land. Looks like Todd's plan is still the intention to me.

The real reason behind this though is the 'student accomodation' thing. The college have long wanted to have 'facilities' nearer the city and we all know what the money men want to build in the park... there has always been some sort of back scratching plan for cooperation and I would say this announcement may well shed some light on that and might give a clue at last as to what they are planning. These money men will use any cover whatsoever to get inappropriate permissions.... and the education ruse is perfect for them. I so hope they get their asses kicked, and the odds are they will.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: The Marjons connection   The Marjons connection EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 5:41 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Press conference tomorrow. Sounds like the Marjons 'facility share' of the old/new owners is still on the agenda. The original deal for Argyle training facilities at Derriford was punched in the teeth by Further Eductaion grants being cut. It would also 'free up' some of the Harper's Park land. Looks like Todd's plan is still the intention to me.

The real reason behind this though is the 'student accomodation' thing. The college have long wanted to have 'facilities' nearer the city and we all know what the money men want to build in the park... there has always been some sort of back scratching plan for cooperation and I would say this announcement may well shed some light on that and might give a clue at last as to what they are planning. These money men will use any cover whatsoever to get inappropriate permissions.... and the education ruse is perfect for them. I so hope they get their asses kicked, and the odds are they will.

I think the real reasons are world class training and sports science facilities, rather than a pitch and a few cones on harpers park.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Marjons connection   The Marjons connection EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Perhaps a source of talent for the yoof setup also? Assuming Nu Argyle go down that road.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Marjons connection   The Marjons connection EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:07 pm

125+1 wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

I think the real reasons are world class training and sports science facilities, rather than a pitch and a few cones on harpers park.

Welcome to the site Inter City, and that's certainly a valid point of view. I'm sure there are advantages in popping up to Marjons, of course, but what I'm more interested in is the planning strategy.
Planning consultants come up with the most fascinating 'points based' systems for their clients, and mixing give and take facilities with Marjons will certainly do their case in the park no harm at all, as I'm sure you would agree, as after all the money men are going to need 'sports' orientated students for their hoped for accomodation. Still, it will all become clear when the plans are unveiled and the wisting gets a real head of steam.... but that could be a year or two off if their opening moves are anything to go by.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Marjons connection   The Marjons connection EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:58 pm

If we ever got back up to Championship level (Laughing ), at least its a step in the right direction, as potential players would not have to look around Harper's Swamp.

I doubt we could afford the rent, so as PP suggests there is likely to be a tie up for accomodation in central park.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marjons connection   The Marjons connection Empty

Back to top Go down

The Marjons connection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: