Tringreen
Rickler
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
X Isle

X Isle

Starting again! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:03 pm

The 'plant theory' is actually more complicated. Personally I reckon a lot of the staff are at it, which makes it a bit insensitive to be too critical. If it were just the Three Amigos (and trust me they're on there!) then i'd be up for naming and shaming them, trouble is the desperation in waving the party flag could also be down to your job being on the line if you don't get people to buy season tickets. Whilst they are IMHO misguided in that opinion it's difficult to tell a staff member to take the moral stance when they've been something you haven't.

I knew what i'd get with doing that but I figured if I planted the seed in enough peoples heads they might start spotting the trend. Also it might cause the guilty parties to button it for a while and allow dissention in the PASOTI ranks to co-exist. Reckon we're headed for a big flag-waving love in though, more's the pity.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Your Views are so much in accord with the general opinion on here, that I am amazed we have not heard from you before now. Perhaps it is preaching to the converted. study farao
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:21 am

X Isle wrote:
If it were just the Three Amigos (and trust me they're on there!) then i'd be up for naming and shaming them,

But you're not and you won't!

Just like you didn't expose Cockney Green when you were a pasoti mod.

Same as ever...

A load of paranoid hot air as usual.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:33 pm

Rickler wrote:
X Isle wrote:
If it were just the Three Amigos (and trust me they're on there!) then i'd be up for naming and shaming them,

Same as ever...

(sigh) why don't you come over to block 17 and have a drink, you need to unwind and let it go.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:01 pm

X Isle wrote:
Rickler wrote:
X Isle wrote:

Same as ever...

(sigh) why don't you come over to block 17 and have a drink, you need to unwind and let it go.

Isn't it closed ? drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:13 pm

It's a bit like one of those time share scams, you read about it all the time but there's always a thicko that gets lured in.

IJN and the GT's have been unknowingly scammed and in turn they are scamming the users of pasoti, they are simply paying the wages for the new owners so what businessman in his right mind would pay wages if there was some other plonker prepared to do it for him? - Had there been no buckets rattled the staff would have been paid, left or an alternative buyer sought.

I can understand being scammed once, we all get caught now and again but to allow it to continue warrants a lifetime of piss taking. Ridders, Heany and chums must be pissing themselves every time they hear IJN, pasoti and GT, they've done more for Truro City then Heany could have ever achieved.

As for the staff, well isn't it time they started to stand up for themselves and stopped living off handouts, there's far better causes out there that are in need of the change from our pockets. That may sound brutal but it's about time someone started calling the shots!
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:20 pm

They've closed the boozer Tring?, I know it was a bit dingy and the smell from the gents was a bit overpowering, but even so.

Ah well, back to White Lightning down the park it is. But you're still welcome to join us Rickler.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Yeah... Yeah...

Prepared to name the posting identities of the 'three amigos' yet?

Didn't think so...

LOL. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:45 pm

They've been allowing me to post under a pseudonym, so it must be a case of an amnesty on one trick ponies Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:29 pm

GOB wrote:

As for the staff, well isn't it time they started to stand up for themselves

Well said Gob for breaking another taboo.

In a country steeped in the history of abused workers fighting for their rights, the Argyle staff are indeed far from manning their own barricades.
The staff I feel for are the ones who had enough belief and courage to walk and refuse to accept the ludicrous demands of Guilfoyle and the administrators.
Six months in and these people are still cowering... it will go on for months yet. Still, such decisions are for them, not me. If strike and picket had been the decision some time ago, I would be shoulder to shoulder with them right now. As it stands, I see their actions as supportive of this appalling bid that few support.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:41 am

Rickler, this is your turf and i'm the newbie so i'm neither going to fight or bite. But you're holding a grudge that goes back years now, you really need to let it go man, it's not healthy.

We're on the same side now comrade pirat.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:54 am

penzancepirate wrote:
GOB wrote:

As for the staff, well isn't it time they started to stand up for themselves

Well said Gob for breaking another taboo.

In a country steeped in the history of abused workers fighting for their rights, the Argyle staff are indeed far from manning their own barricades.
The staff I feel for are the ones who had enough belief and courage to walk and refuse to accept the ludicrous demands of Guilfoyle and the administrators.
Six months in and these people are still cowering... it will go on for months yet. Still, such decisions are for them, not me. If strike and picket had been the decision some time ago, I would be shoulder to shoulder with them right now. As it stands, I see their actions as supportive of this appalling bid that few support.

I'm in two minds over it now. I still think if they went on strike or did any kind of work to rule or action they'd be sacked, such is the clunking fist style of guilfoyles employee relations. That said the longer it goes on and the longer they manage to survive the more I question how?.

No-one can survive that long without money so most jobs clearly aren't 'main breadwinner' jobs.

Fans fundraising, we have seen, just means that Guilfoyle subtracts that sum off what he pays them, so that's counter productive now too.

Maybe it is time for them to stand up and act afterall. Their 'job' pays nothing now anyway so what's the harm in losing it?.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:08 am

Anyone know how many staff there are and what sort of rate they are supposed to be on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:18 am

I think the only reason the staff have not been sacked is because the staff are getting hand outs and it would be extremely bad PR if they sacked staff whilst hand outs are being provided. I also think that the staff will be sacked at the end of the day anyway when eventually the hand outs stop and when the club will be left to rot.

The staff need to front up and face the consequence and so do the fans. It's time this nail was hit firmly on the head in an attempt to force the hand of the new owners in a battle that will probably be lost.

I can see only two outcomes to this.

1) The club continues but in name only and the little income is paid straight out into Ridsdales pocket.
2) The club is folded under the guise of "it's the fans fault for not purchasing season tickets".

The only other possibility is that fans refuse to purchase anything and continue to hound the owners with bad publicity until they finally give up and a new PB is announced.

No matter what, fans and staff need to front up and attempt to put an end to this fiasco one way or the other.

Remember, the people that tell us the money will be "ring fenced" are now proven liars!

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:22 pm

Rickler wrote:
Yeah... Yeah...

Didn't think so...

X Isle wrote:
Rickler, this is your turf and i'm the newbie so i'm neither going to fight or bite. But you're holding a grudge that goes back years now, you really need to let it go man, it's not healthy.

It's not my turf. We are all equal here. I realise that is a concept you will find hard to imagine considering your pasoti history, and the life of mod protected entitlement you have received there.

No Grudge. Just a rhetorical question.

Are you gonna name them? Or are you just going to bring the same Pasoti rubbish of "I'm so 'in', that I know something that you don't" over to these boards?

I'm guessing the latter.

Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Rickler wrote:

Rickler wrote:
Yeah... Yeah...

Didn't think so...

X Isle wrote:

It's not my turf. We are all equal here. I realise that is a concept you will find hard to imagine considering your pasoti history, and the life of mod protected entitlement you have received there.

No Grudge. Just a rhetorical question.

Are you gonna name them? Or are you just going to bring the same Pasoti rubbish of "I'm so 'in', that I know something that you don't" over to these boards?

I'm guessing the latter.

Best to get this sorted before we can all move on, so here goes.

I have not been a moderator on PASOTI for probably the best part of 3-4 years?. I can't recall exactly because it was so long ago, just prior to your 'episode' I believe, so whenever that was. As someone from outsdie the city i've never met another mod and wouldn't know who was a mod anyway because they've all changed many times.

If you've followed PASOTI, i'd have thought you wouldn't thereafter have given a shit about it but do seem somewhat pre-occupied still, then you'd know that I don't enjoy "a protected entitlement" and have not done so for years. You'll have noted i've been modded as much as the next man and have even been suspended before now. My personal stance on Argyle has shifted somewhat in the last couple of seasons and I don't represent whatever you thought I represented before. We've all moved on, so should you.

In respect of the comment you appear so exorcised about what I have retained is an experienced eye for trolls, posting trends and motive alignment. That's a world apart from having some form of priviledged inside access, they'd sooner let Kim Jong Il into the PASOTI inner sanctum than me. I pointed out that amongst the names I could put forward could well be staff members - they'd also share the same desperate militant desire for season ticket purchases but for very different reasons. Three amigos or their agents i'df happily 'out', staff I wouldn't, so I won't.

If that's good enough for you then great, hopefully we can all move on together and put the differences of the past to bed. If not then we'll just have to agree to give each other a wide berth for the sake of everyone else. We all made mistakes, we all need to be reminded to 'get a life' from time to time.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:36 pm

I think 'Esmer' has been outed by IJN on PASOTI Terraces- someone posting from Yorkshire, who joined PASOTI the day after Ridsdale's first 'holiday' game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I think 'Esmer' has been outed by IJN on PASOTI Terraces- someone posting from Yorkshire, who joined PASOTI the day after Ridsdale's first 'holiday' game.

They think it is a chap called Peter Urey(?) who pops up on Twitter defending Ridders a lot.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

They think it is a chap called Peter Urey(?) who pops up on Twitter defending Ridders a lot.

One of These turds-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:17 pm

Surely, Peter Urey is Ridsdale? Or may just as well be!

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:39 pm

I despise manipulators and control freaks, whether they be clever like the Riddler or 'village' like the farm gestapo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:42 pm

That'll be the 'low cunning' then jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting again!   Starting again! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting again!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2