Freathy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:36 am

for 250k

Same old shit. Another reason I won't be wasting one single penny on Argyle next season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:50 am

Freathy wrote:
for 250k

Same old shit. Another reason I won't be wasting one single penny on Argyle next season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Absolute load of bollocks. (the price not the story)

I am sure the fee will be swallowed up by the crooks in charge of the club.

Nelson off next?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 am

Twas only yesterday that the Aviva boys on the farm were getting excited about an interview with Mason.

A couple of posters tried to point out that he was indirectly saying, 'come and get me' but as expected , they weren't for listening or learning.

They have been taught well. pig jocolor

No other fanbase would put up with this crap. We are........... cos weem naaaat Leeds, weeem janners ! Don't we just know it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:47 am

Season ticket anyone? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:16 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Season ticket anyone? Very Happy

I predict the emotional blackmail will start on the farm soon. Cloven hooves are well and truly under the Ridsdale table, 'he's a real gent'.

Won't work though. Max 2k season tickets and with the sort of team we're likely to have, attendances will struggle to average 4k.

Trust in Stapes.....Enjoy the Ride.... Year on Year Progress.....The organic Model...............................

Don't listen to the one trick ponies. jocolor

Will they ever learn ?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:30 pm

It's already started...but I puzzle at the logic. I know I'm a grown up now and perfectly capable of forming my own opinions and making my own decisions and I'll respect anybody that follows that path whichever way they lean. I'm increasingly reluctant to post anything to persuade people my POV is the correct one. Not that it matters anyway..nobody's ever taken any notice of me Sad

To a season ticket, nay, nay and thrice nay. POTD, possibly, if there's any glory hunting to be done Very Happy

My real dilemma is my Foundation membership. Does it ACTUALLY do any good, or just paper over cracks + I've never even won a tenner, let alone ten grand!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
It's already started...but I puzzle at the logic. I know I'm a grown up now and perfectly capable of forming my own opinions and making my own decisions and I'll respect anybody that follows that path whichever way they lean. I'm increasingly reluctant to post anything to persuade people my POV is the correct one. Not that it matters anyway..nobody's ever taken any notice of me Sad

To a season ticket, nay, nay and thrice nay. POTD, possibly, if there's any glory hunting to be done Very Happy

My real dilemma is my Foundation membership. Does it ACTUALLY do any good, or just paper over cracks + I've never even won a tenner, let alone ten grand!

It papered over Napoleon's crack. All the way to Bora Bora ! pig

He's a lucky guy, got everything really What a Face
Back to top Go down

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing That really made me laugh Charlie. I've never really understood why people have such a downer on so called 'glory hunting'.

Surely football is all about feeling a tad better about things by proxy through the athletic actions of a few other guys in a field... by definition we're all glory hunters.
If it comes along, enjoy the day while the bishops scowl and chant 'part time supporter".
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:11 pm

I'd rather the Home Park crowd be swelled to 20,000 by 'glory hunters' again than have just 4,000 Avivas and self appointed super fans which is all we'll get next season.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Freathy wrote:
I'd rather the Home Park crowd be swelled to 20,000 by 'glory hunters' again than have just 4,000 Avivas and self appointed super fans which is all we'll get next season.

As a true Aviva boy myself [i was among the lowest crowd in Argyle's history in 1982,how deserving is that of a janner banner],i don't really understand the argument that not buying a season ticket is in some way the straw that breaks the camels back.This argument was seldom put forward in pre Stapes days and i would say that an overwhelming majority of fans back then were POTD-it seems that the accountants budgeting mentality has really bitten deep into the psyche and is going to take some shifting.It seems to represent a lack of confidence from the club that they can be sufficiently successful to attract POTD supporters,who would bring more money into the coffers anyway if the fare on the pitch was good enough to retain their interest.No,i won't be getting a season this year and no amount of blackmail will persuade me otherwise-the onus is on the club to put the house in order and give the public some hope of a successful and ethical future.One final question-if 5000 supporters purchased season tickets tomorrow,would the staff get their due reward? Would they buggery.
Back to top Go down

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:15 pm

ST or POTD is one of my pet subjects.
If you'll excuse me, the season ticket ruse filtered down to the football provinces on the back of the sold out new Premier League and since then every club has seen it as the model to encourage for all sorts of reasons.

The trouble is, in pursuit of that goal, they have made POTD inaccessible to the casual fan through excessive POTD prices compared to Season ticket and the whole DD/advance match ticket thing. Hence the attendances just do not fluctuate anything like they used to with a few wins ... in short Argyle are a ghetto, and have been for some time. Loose the regulars and they really really are in trouble. Mind you, trouble is all relative, I was there in 82 also and Argyle didn't go bust on crowds of 2 and 3000. Low season ticket sales will not impress the Football league at all when he presents his business plan.
the bottom line is if Ridsdale can't attract the season ticket punters, the 'new' owners will either get cold feet and clear off or buy the club and then loose their money and have to sell ... either would be a win win situation for me.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:53 pm

Ditching the Mayflower was another death knell for the POTD casual Penz. The seating was shit but for a reasonable price you could chip up and sit with your mates without having to arrange the block booking of seats. I can see now why they got rid of it but I reckon a whole generation of salt of the earth working types were disenfranchised overnight, a way of Argyle life stretching back decades was taken away.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Would YOU trust Ridders with your reason ticket money?

Will the staff see a penny of it?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm not a betting man but I'd have a small wager that if the backroom staff come to some agreement over their missing wages and eventually receive a bulging brown envelope then they will also find their redundancy notices at the same time. These people have no conscience but they also know we are heavily overstaffed for a L2 setup.

I don't see the PFA doing anything but taking a hard line, pity Webby didn't get up there early doors and recruit a few new members from the staff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mason to Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason to Cardiff   Mason to Cardiff Empty

Back to top Go down

Mason to Cardiff
Page 1 of 1