pepsipete
Tringreen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

IF Empty
PostSubject: IF   IF EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:31 am

If you were the £161 million Euro Lottery winner, would you buy Argyle ?
I would.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

IF Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF   IF EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:48 am

I certainly would, it would give me great pleasure to boot all the parasites and crooks out of it. Trouble is I have not won Sad No
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

IF Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF   IF EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:11 am

on the condition that none of those twats that ran the club into the ground get any cash from the deal
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Tringreen

Tringreen

IF Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF   IF EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:24 am

I'd appoint Modbod & Myott jointly as Thought Police.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

IF Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF   IF EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:49 am

Prodigal_Green looking after your rear entrance?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

IF Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF   IF EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:00 pm

seadog wrote:
Prodigal_Green looking after your rear entrance?

Yes indeed, he's right 'up there' with the best of them. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

IF Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF   IF EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:49 pm

I would blow up my old school first in time honoured tradition, and then I'd offer to buy the club tomorrow.
Pay off all the local unsecured creditors, all the football creditors immediately, and haggle for ever with the real money men, and find some sort of loophole to give them next to nothing.
And then would I run it ? ... no, I don't think I would ... I would pass ownership of the club to a proper Trust with certain conditions attached and gift the stadium back to the council. In the short tenure I would have I would seek to erase all sign and memory of Kagami and the NWO ever having been there.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

IF Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF   IF EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:52 pm

I'd buy Argyle. Then the very first thing I'd do is look for serious money investors to join the board. There would be one aim and one aim only - to get Argyle into the Premier League in the fastest time possible. 'Consolidating' in the championship is for losers and wimps. Once the playing side was sorted and achieved Prem safety I would then start to think about dragging our half finished crappy stadium up to Premier Lague standard.

Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

IF Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF   IF EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:57 pm

No, I wouldn't buy any football club, I include my beloved ECFC in this too. However I would put a substantial amount into my club, via our trust model. However as I'm not from Falkirk (although we did visit there in June), and didn't win it, all this is bollox, until I do win a substantial amount on the Lottery, it's only a matter of time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
125+1

125+1

IF Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF   IF EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:51 pm

Freathy wrote:
I'd buy Argyle. Then the very first thing I'd do is look for serious money investors to join the board. There would be one aim and one aim only - to get Argyle into the Premier League in the fastest time possible. 'Consolidating' in the championship is for losers and wimps. Once the playing side was sorted and achieved Prem safety I would then start to think about dragging our half finished crappy stadium up to Premier Lague standard.

What you'd win 161 million, and look for investment Rolling Eyes and wouldnt even get the stadium completed until we reached the prem league. with that statement alone you should never comment on the previous or future owners of this football club.

If id won firstly i would make sure we built a team to climb out of L2 within 2 years, then invest in getting out of L1, all the while the south side stand would be demolished and a new 15-20 million stand would be built and the rest of the ground given a facelift, then once in the championship, with a completed stadium, serious investment would be put into the playing side to push for the dream, but i would not put a timescale on reaching the prem league nor make any idle 5 year plans.
Back to top Go down

IF Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF   IF EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Nice plan 125, now if only Ridsdale could win the lottery and if only he could be trusted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IF Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF   IF Empty

Back to top Go down

IF
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: