Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Found dead at her home.

Shocked but sort of not surprised. Last month she was too drunk to perform on stage in Belgrade.

Very sad.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:53 pm

Very sad indeed. I suppose many of us by now have known good, good friends that have succumbed to alcohol or drugs. Far too many... alcohol is very beguiling at the wrong time.
I don't think I've ever known whether the person in trouble is going to survive, and I had hoped she would 'get through the dark'. Some people do, some people don't.
I have to say some of her best work may well have been due to the producer that shaped her Back to black, but then he also opened up Pandora's box to someone unable to cope.
A real tragedy, not for music, as the Duffys of this world have long since been crowbarred in to the rather straight forward genre, but for a troubled soul and grieving family.
It's the delightful years she will miss... we all deserve them to augment the rest of our lives.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Many talents have succumbed over the years to the "rock and roll lifestyle",Jimi Hendrix,Jim Morrison,Phil Lynott,Kurt Cobain,Mickey Finn to name but a few.Live fast,die young seems to be the modus operandi,whether deliberate or brought about by other factors and pressures.Its always very sad as far as i'm concerned when someone loses their life so young,rock and roll mantra's notwithstanding.Due condolences to her family and friends.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Drugs, booze , sex, rock n roll. A lethal mixture for the young, suddenly propelled into stardom. The highs of performing and the availability of anything you want to keep you on the high has claimed so many talents.
Very sad.
How Keef from the Stones has survived I'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amy Winehouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse   Amy Winehouse Empty

Back to top Go down

Amy Winehouse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: