Mapperley, darling
Tringreen
125+1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

Season Ticket sales! Empty
PostSubject: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Heard unoficially that they have passed the 3000 mark. Seems some fans are concentrating on watching football than the politics.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 pm

125+1 wrote:
Heard unoficially that they have passed the 3000 mark. Seems some fans are concentrating on watching football than the politics.

Sounds about right. 3/4k season ticket addicts, a few hundred POTD, average attendances about 4.5 k.................... Marvellous !
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:45 pm

just think of the quality players argone can buy with such advance purchases jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:14 pm

I'd quite like to be an oblivious janner, just turning up to games as and when and enjoying the day out, not caring in the slightest about anything other than how shit/good we are on the day.

3k is piss poor but it is more than the non-owners deserve (and more than 3/4 of the division who'll be watching far superior teams to us next season).
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:15 pm

I expected 3500 season ticket holders at the start of the season .. I won't be far wrong. As expected, no boycott has been called for and gates will start at the 5000 mark and proceed in the now customary downward spiral. Traditionally, 10 to 15% of ST hoders don't attend so average gates of 4 to 5, 000 ... I think that will severely dent the confidence of these PBs and add another 1/2 a million to their possible woes. The Millwall League cup game will plumb new lows unless prices are dropped through the floor.
The atmosphere was pretty dreadful last year but with half the ground closed now, I hate to think.

The sun is shining and I'm settled with my decision not to support in fiscal terms any team of Ridsdale ... I'm proud of my stance... take a year or two away from Argyle while this disaster finishes off ? ... no sweat.... easy ... hand me a flier when the club has something honourable to support again. It' ddn't take any convincing of my family and usual group ... they've all seen the light with their own eyes... we've arranged a trip on the train to the Pirates already... quite looking forward to the away day feel without the baggage .. it might become a habit.

As for our own Totnes Commie, I've seen work-a-day ra ra folk before in all walks of business life, and the 'imports' are always the funniest. There's been a drop of 50% in season ticket sales and these "sales numpties" are happy... ha ha ha ha ha.... carry on.... who gives a monkey's ? ... I know they don't.
It's all a bit like Afghanistan down here ... eventually you'll give up and ship home with your tail between your legs ... you just don't get it... there's nothing here that will remotely interest you ... the tin's all gone and the fish are all spoken for.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I'd quite like to be an oblivious janner, just turning up to games as and when and enjoying the day out, not caring in the slightest about anything other than how shit/good we are on the day.

3k is piss poor but it is more than the non-owners deserve (and more than 3/4 of the division who'll be watching far superior teams to us next season).

At the end of the day people want to watch football and that is their right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:37 pm

125+1 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

The staff would like to be paid and that is their right.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Initial crowds may be 4,500 to 5,000 but that will soon tail off once the full horror of the total inadequacy of our squad becomes apparent. After 10 matches it'll be down close to ST holders only.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:23 pm

GOB wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

I agree, and its also their right to seek alternative employment
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:02 pm

125+1 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

I 100% agree. Fair play to them, I hope they enjoy their season and get their money's worth.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:17 pm

125+1 wrote:
GOB wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Of course, Ridsdale et al would love these staff to disappear ... unfortunately for the likes of Ridsdale, the world has moved on a touch since the grapes of wrath. There are all sorts of constructive dismissal laws out there just waiting for him or Guilfoyle to step out of line ...... good.
In the end, all of this farce comes down to who wins the eyeballing...... nothing more, nothing less.

It's also the right of every customer to seek alternative entertainment... good crowd tonight ? jocolor
Just you make sure you get paid.... there's a good lad.... nighty night.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 3:45 am

penzancepirate wrote:
125+1 wrote:
GOB wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Of course, Ridsdale et al would love these staff to disappear ... unfortunately for the likes of Ridsdale, the world has moved on a touch since the grapes of wrath. There are all sorts of constructive dismissal laws out there just waiting for him or Guilfoyle to step out of line ...... good.
In the end, all of this farce comes down to who wins the eyeballing...... nothing more, nothing less.

It's also the right of every customer to seek alternative entertainment... good crowd tonight ? jocolor
Just you make sure you get paid.... there's a good lad.... nighty night.

Im sure they would not, without the hard work and commitment of these people Argyle would probably ceased trading a while ago, i hold my hands up to them as i would have gone long ago, not to spite the administrator but to look after myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:11 am

The world loves a good volunteer ............................ as long as it's not them...... what jolly good guys ..... bleed green they do, you know.

Do well at school children, or you too could end up like the Argyle satff in a dead end, low skill, no pay type of job.

I see Ridsdale's house is advertised for sale up North .... £1.3m ... times must be tough. Google ..... Wrayton Hall for sale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 3:54 pm

125+1 wrote:
GOB wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

and they remain with, as over the minutes, hours, days, weeks, and months, the right to be paid.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:36 am

125+1 wrote:

A typically lemming like plastic view on things there if you don't mind me saying, dripping with sarcasm. You say "concentrating on politics" like it's some minor sideshow round the back of the main tent, dissmissively suggesting that people are silly to want to dwell on such trivialities.

Well f**k that, it's the only game in town right now. "Politics" as you so casually express it is actually the complete root, trunk, bough, branch and leaf. How the club is set up and run, how it conducts itself, how it treats it's staff, how it treats it's fans, these are fundamentals that simply can't be ushered contemptuously under the carpet.

It's a bit like that advert to encourage voting at the last couple of elections, two blokes in a pub, one says "i'm not interested in politics, it's got nothing to do with me" then goes on to moan about the economy, the bin collections, road tax, his kids school etc etc. Like it or not politics is everywhere, politics is everything.

3,000?. In a population over 250,000 that means as a percentage more Plymouthians believe in UFO's than Plymouth Argyle. One set are misguided and easily fooled and the other are, well, I guess, erm, well OK it roughly equates to the same thing I guess.

How anyone can hope to invest pride, passion and belief in anything that is spawned from that regime is beyond me, I welcome the collapse of the AFC Heaney/Ridsdale clusterf**k and the return of some moral and ethical practice in the Home Park boardroom.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:46 pm

X Isle wrote:
125+1 wrote:

A typically lemming like plastic view on things there if you don't mind me saying, dripping with sarcasm. You say "concentrating on politics" like it's some minor sideshow round the back of the main tent, dissmissively suggesting that people are silly to want to dwell on such trivialities.

Well f**k that, it's the only game in town right now. "Politics" as you so casually express it is actually the complete root, trunk, bough, branch and leaf. How the club is set up and run, how it conducts itself, how it treats it's staff, how it treats it's fans, these are fundamentals that simply can't be ushered contemptuously under the carpet.

It's a bit like that advert to encourage voting at the last couple of elections, two blokes in a pub, one says "i'm not interested in politics, it's got nothing to do with me" then goes on to moan about the economy, the bin collections, road tax, his kids school etc etc. Like it or not politics is everywhere, politics is everything.

3,000?. In a population over 250,000 that means as a percentage more Plymouthians believe in UFO's than Plymouth Argyle. One set are misguided and easily fooled and the other are, well, I guess, erm, well OK it roughly equates to the same thing I guess.

How anyone can hope to invest pride, passion and belief in anything that is spawned from that regime is beyond me, I welcome the collapse of the AFC Heaney/Ridsdale clusterf**k and the return of some moral and ethical practice in the Home Park boardroom.

X-whatever, at the end of the day some people just want to go and watch football, whats the problem with that, you mention 3000 in a population of 250k which is meaningless as Argyle's attendances in the lower league's has always been poor, unless you count the glory hunters when the team is doing well, so pointless bringing that up!

Just because they choose to support their team week in, week out doesnt make them any better or worse the me or you. If the Heaney bid is succesfull so be it, if not, plan b comes into effect and is hopefully successfull but there is still a matter of putting a team out onto the pitch so to honour our fixtures and supporting them through thick and thin, they are nothing to do with the background politics, they are playing for the team and the fans, and we should be there to support them. I support the badge through thick and thin, owners come and go.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:39 pm

If there's one thing that I find hilarious and fail to take seriously, it's when some plonker describes an Argyle fan as being a glory hunter! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:34 am

GOB wrote:
If there's one thing that I find hilarious and fail to take seriously, it's when some plonker describes an Argyle fan as being a glory hunter! lol!

lol! Tis true............................... The Flat Earth Society is alive and kicking in Plymouth.

Only Aviva boys and those with personal gain/advancement agendas can have any desire to attend the Theatre of Greed.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:25 am

125+1 wrote:
X Isle wrote:
125+1 wrote:

X-whatever, at the end of the day some people just want to go and watch football, whats the problem with that, you mention 3000 in a population of 250k which is meaningless as Argyle's attendances in the lower league's has always been poor, unless you count the glory hunters when the team is doing well, so pointless bringing that up!

Just because they choose to support their team week in, week out doesnt make them any better or worse the me or you. If the Heaney bid is succesfull so be it, if not, plan b comes into effect and is hopefully successfull but there is still a matter of putting a team out onto the pitch so to honour our fixtures and supporting them through thick and thin, they are nothing to do with the background politics, they are playing for the team and the fans, and we should be there to support them. I support the badge through thick and thin, owners come and go.

That's whre you are going wrong then, I support the history, tradition, spirit and values of the club, they are eternal. Badges change Wink.

Owners come and go, indeed they do, but Home Park won't 'come' back from private landlord ownership, when it 'goes' it'll be gone for good.

The clock has stopped at 124 years for me, when values return, so will I, and i'll restart the clock.

Until then I don't recognise Ridsdales legitimacy, I don't recognise PAFC 125. You support HIS badge if you will but my stance is wholly in keeping with supporting the history, tradition spirit and values of Plymouth Argyle 1 to 124.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:37 am

125+1 wrote:
X Isle wrote:
125+1 wrote:

In fact,Argyle's gates last season were far from poor under the circumstances-5th biggest in the division despite finishing bottom of the table and all the off the field nausea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:51 am

I've never been a fan of season tickets and find the whole modern business push toward a future full of direct debit overheads quite distasteful. Fans and customers in general should hold suppliers to account ... not just hand over their money like some botched government IT investment.

The old reason for the few season tickets that were sold was to keep your seat and be able to arrive late and get a decent view. That reason has long since disappeared with all seaters.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:57 am

penzancepirate wrote:
I've never been a fan of season tickets and find the whole modern business push toward a future full of direct debit overheads quite distasteful. Fans and customers in general should hold suppliers to account ... not just hand over their money like some botched government IT investment.

The old reason for the few season tickets that were sold was to keep your seat and be able to arrive late and get a decent view. That reason has long since disappeared with all seaters.

Youuum naaaat a praaaaper fan !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket sales!   Season Ticket sales! Empty

Back to top Go down

Season Ticket sales!
Page 1 of 1