Greenskin
125+1
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 8:26 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
This isn't Pasoti. We don't do that sort of thing. We've got a log to keep us on our toes.
Can't imagine anything you say would worry a sparrow. The only thing to have disappeared of late is Postey under his own steam and a naughty duplicate account of Napoleon's that is against our rules.

As to the confidentiality thing, your debate is rather one dimentional.
We all know human communal life, which certainly includes business, has constructs where certain individual behaviour often necesitates the common good to prevail, and confidentiality is no position to hold in these cases. Let's not give all this Ridsdale/Heaney/Irish bullshit some sort of Thomas Moore Man for all seasons heroism.
Furthermore, often legal experts would say many 'confidentiality agreements are not worth the paper they're written on if challenged. Even governments 'secrets' are a joke since Peter Wright. These confidentiality 'contracts' are little more than bullying techniques by those that can afford the legal costs and often not in the common good... some very bright legal bunnies often argue they are 4/10ths the way along to slavery in technical employment terms.

So what you saying is there should be no confidentiality in all walks of life.

Well can you post you full name,address and bank details on here please Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 8:44 pm

There you go again ... one dimensional.
For example, if you don't turn up for work tomorrow when expected, what rights of confidentiality do you have to keep your reasons for your absence confidential without fear of contractural sanction ? So why do the money men supposedly have this right to silence that is not afforded to others ? it's just a power thing ... no more, no less, nothing to do with right or wrong.

In effect you are arguing that the law of contract trumps common law .... well, it doesn't. What it does do is impose one party's interests over another's.... that's all.
Any reasonable human being and any sensible court for that matter know where the lines and curtains are drawn. In fact it is often enshrined in that very case law.
Like it or not we are touching on public interest here, let alone the public park that surrounds this property and claw back charade.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:30 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
There you go again ... one dimensional.
For example, if you don't turn up for work tomorrow when expected, what rights of confidentiality do you have to keep your reasons for your absence confidential without fear of contractural sanction ? So why do the money men supposedly have this right to silence that is not afforded to others ? it's just a power thing ... no more, no less, nothing to do with right or wrong.

In effect you are arguing that the law of contract trumps common law .... well, it doesn't. What it does do is impose one party's interests over another's.... that's all.
Any reasonable human being and any sensible court for that matter know where the lines and curtains are drawn. In fact it is often enshrined in that very case law.
Like it or not we are touching on public interest here, let alone the public park that surrounds this property and claw back charade.

But who's really being one dimensional, my argument is sometimes you need and want things to be confidential, but your arguments is it should only be confidential when its suits certain people.

For example, if Argyle were still in the championship and announced in 1 weeks time they will be making the biggest most famous signing in the clubs history, but if his name is revealed before the anouncement it would jepordise the deal, would you be demanding to know who this person is as its in the publics interest?, i very much doubt it, a loose example but an example of how we seem to pick and choose what suits
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:50 pm

This is dragging on a bit Penz, i for one am all for transparacy, but the facts are they want it, have asked for it as part of the deal and it is thier right to do so, hence why we have heaney as a front man. It all seems very cosey at home park at the moment, i mean look at the facts again

Stapleton Phones Risdale, Risdale Phones Dave Jones, Brings in Brendan G, Heaney announces bid, dual ownership issue, Risdale owns the club, Heaney says he just wants to help Stapleton, Dave Jones becomes CEO, Heaney fronts mysterious consortium

All seems a bit chummy, add to that the small payment recieved and the constant shift in dates, and bingo a conspiracey looms

I'll just throw in the fact that lombard are getting payed of (90%) i believe else 3 of the previous directors would become liable for the debt.

I know whats going on, i am not stupid, i just dont jump on a bandwagon, and agree with the current mood just to keep people happy.

If i pay for a car i expect a car
if i pay for confidentiality thats what i expect.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:16 am

125+1 wrote:
X Isle wrote:
125+1 wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
125+1 wrote:

If you think about the user name 125+1 it quite clearly is 125 year aniversary and the +1 signals the fact that i never thought the club will fold this year

As you say, your name was always very, very clear .... right from the first stroke of your typewriter..... must have gone under my rather limited radar.

All those FACTS on your side ...... sounds like you're gonna' walk it jocolor jocolor

Thats the differance i deal with facts, not rumours

Now you tell me which of the above are not true statements

I was deeply sceptical from the off but what's followed has vincicated indeed even surpassed that cynicism. There have been many many factual slips in deadlines, factual missing exculusivity money but one solid gold fact, noted in the minutes and witnessed by all present just wipes the whole distended rectum with a sheet of Andrex.........

"we denied knowledge of him on legal advice". Lies that had been going on for weeks were admitted in public. Now I don't know about you m'old mucker but when people lie to me, and that lie is confirmed and exposed (hell it was even admitted) I don't trust the words or actions of the liars thereafter.

The never had any credibility in my book but you'd have to be the Pope himself to forgive and forget bare faced lies. All credibility left them that moment and that people continue to apologise for them, continue to see them as "hunky dory", betrays my complete understanding of what it is to be a Pilgrim.

Yes the exculusivity money is a farce, and Brenda needs his ass kicked for that, but as for covering up his name for legal reasons, whats the problem with that, that goes on all the time in business,life and so on.

What your saying X-sile is no one has the right to Confidentiality and they do.

Ive posted a few posts on this thread that seem to have disapeared stating my lack of confidence in Brenda, how i dont trust Risdale, but as some of you seem to think im somehow to do with this bid, or a member of the Brenda brigade i'll leave it at that Wink

What is the problem with lying?. Do I need explain that?, should your parents not have done that some years ago?.

It wasn't about confidentiality. If it were about confidentiality all they need have said is "that's confidential".

But no, they said in many many media spots that they DIDN'T KNOW anything about the representatives of the mystery consortium.

When their inept lack of forethought dawned on them that the fanbase would be up in arms thinking there was an NWO invlvement, the story changed "it's not anyone connected to the previous regime".

When that further inept lack of forethought came back to bite them (well how do you know who it's not, if you don't know who it is?) they had to come clean and admit publicly they were lying with the added embellishment (as if it made it OK) that they had been advised to do so.

It's nothing to do with confidentiality, there's a simple straight bat that can be presented for that position. No, they lied, and what's more they lied institutionally, they lied and didn't even come up with a lie that couldn't be untangled, they lied AND they were inept at it. That's not "normal business practice", well not in any businessman I wish to have associated with my football club and that of my forefathers anyway.

I wasn't investing in them very highly already, I freely admit, but at that point all bets were off, all credibility had left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:54 am

125+1 wrote:

I believe some things just aren't for sale, no matter how many pieces of paper are thrown a t it.
In this case, the Football league is in effect a menber's club .... how many worthwhile clubs do you know who would allow deliberate and obvious anonimty. These conractees are hoping the Football League will bow to pressure ... and this particular sort of presssure has nothing to do with being legal or not.

Of course, the whole identity thing, along with the supposed lack of money, could just be another very convenient excuse at this time to allow this bid to sail on into next year without stumping up any more money or taking responsibilty for the employees, who are fast becoming Guilfoul's biggest concern ... if the staff refuse the deferments, he's up a creek without a paddle, and he knows it ... hence he's 110% Ridsdale's toy, and his partnership... unless he faces up to it.
There's one puppet master here that has nothing to lose at all, and in fact is one of the few people being paid.

How on earth Guilfoul allowed himself to get in this pickle is quite beyond me ... perhaps he trusted a certain gentleman, and had it shoved oin his face.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:19 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
125+1 wrote:

I believe some things just aren't for sale, no matter how many pieces of paper are thrown a t it.
In this case, the Football league is in effect a menber's club .... how many worthwhile clubs do you know who would allow deliberate and obvious anonimty. These conractees are hoping the Football League will bow to pressure ... and this particular sort of presssure has nothing to do with being legal or not.

Of course, the whole identity thing, along with the supposed lack of money, could just be another very convenient excuse at this time to allow this bid to sail on into next year without stumping up any more money or taking responsibilty for the employees, who are fast becoming Guilfoul's biggest concern ... if the staff refuse the deferments, he's up a creek without a paddle, and he knows it ... hence he's 110% Ridsdale's toy, and his partnership... unless he faces up to it.
There's one puppet master here that has nothing to lose at all, and in fact is one of the few people being paid.

How on earth Guilfoul allowed himself to get in this pickle is quite beyond me ... perhaps he trusted a certain gentleman, and had it shoved oin his face.

Penzance i get your point, but im not on about not giving info to the football league, im on about revealing the names publicly whilst they are doing the deal. The names will be revealed to the FL and when that happens i'll give it a week until its in the public domain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:31 pm

And I'm on about informing both the football league AND the supporters NOW.
As any real successful businesman will tell you ( this does not include Heaney as you have to be pretty dumb to have gone belly up in the property market over the past 15 years ), business is all about customers ... and never more so than with a community football club.
Never in the history of this club, has anyone taken over the club without giving their respect to the fans .... the customers.

It isn't just about money and contract stipulations, and no one is asking about the ins and outs of a cat's arse. It's about respect. Brent hasn't hidden his involvment from the fans... and Buttivant was always quite open who he was. The trouble is, we all know what's going down, and it's a no no for many of us.... that's a FACT.
I know this club as well as most. If this bid finally takes over, they will be hounded for ever by a sizeable proportion of the fanbase. When it gets up close and personal, that's when these people will clear off. It will only take a few losses on the pitch and the knives will be out big time
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:49 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
I know this club as well as most. If this bid finally takes over, they will be hounded for ever by a sizeable proportion of the fanbase. When it gets up close and personal, that's when these people will clear off. It will only take a few losses on the pitch and the knives will be out big time

And a few wins... The likes of smiffy and Newell will be confined to the rubbish heap of history where they rightfully belong, and everyone else will get on with enjoying the show.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:17 am

Sleep.

As ever, let it go Rickers old son, it can't be healthy.

'few wins' is actually what this collection of kids and rejects will achieve I suspect, they might surprise us but even if they do you're welcome to them.

I wouldn't recognise them as representing Plymouth Argyle so I wouldn't be missing anything would I............and i'm sure by extension you wouldn't be missing me either, although if you were honest you'll always have your secret man crush wouldn't you I love you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:31 pm

I note someone had the timerity to suggest on Pasoti that perhaps some fans might get together and try and organise a mass opposition to the Heaney bid.

For all their bravado and talk, are these Pasoti leaders afraid to have such a post on their main board ?
After the customary mickey take from one of the usual suspects, the post and thread was firmly despatched to the Terraces boundary within a couple of hours.
We can't have that sort of insurection on the main board, can we, whatever will Peter say ? ... we just talk a good war... we're keeping our noses clean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:02 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
I note someone had the timerity to suggest on Pasoti that perhaps some fans might get together and try and organise a mass opposition to the Heaney bid.

For all their bravado and talk, are these Pasoti leaders afraid to have such a post on their main board ?
After the customary mickey take from one of the usual suspects, the post and thread was firmly despatched to the Terraces boundary within a couple of hours.
We can't have that sort of insurection on the main board, can we, whatever will Peter say ? ... we just talk a good war... we're keeping our noses clean.

Yes, agree!

They want to step outside of the box but are terrified in case there's a need to step back inside the box. It's been the problem since day 1 of this mess.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Ahhh Farm politics................... 'In times of deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.' ....... George Orwell.

Napoleon does not like truth tellers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And so the sliding agenda and deception continues   And so the sliding agenda and deception continues - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

And so the sliding agenda and deception continues
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2