Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?

Go down 
+2
125+1
Chemical Ali
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks? Empty
PostSubject: Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?   Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Press release announced on Pasoti (from Guilfoyle)-

"Quite simply we have no money in the pot for the start of the new football season this Saturday and we have to pay wages at the end of the month," explained joint administrator Brendan Guilfoyle.

"We have written to Bishop International Limited asking them to come up with additional funds because they have been unable to complete the purchase of the club before the start of the new season this Saturday. Without this requested funding the administrators will have difficult decisions to make about the options they have left.

"We have to be realistic about the deals being put together to find the funds to buy football clubs. Multi millionaires with open cheque books prepared to pay for a loss making business are a dying breed. Administrators of any company have a duty and obligation to get the best possible outcome for creditors -- in this case, that includes staff and players. If Bishop International Limited is unable to complete the deal we will, of course, look at all other viable options, subject to them being able to provide immediate funding."

Guilfoyle praised Plymouth Argyle staff and fans, who have already bought 2,845 season tickets for the 2011/12 football season - money that is held in a separate trust fund and which will be released only on a game by game basis. "Both staff and fans have been magnificent in their support. It's a reflection of fans' passion for the club that 2,000 turned out for a friendly against Truro last week

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?   Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:48 pm

About time he grew a set and told them to put up or shut up.

Lets hope Brent is true to his word, or it bye bye Argyle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?   Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Hmmm ... covering his arse more like.
I see the Farm has seen it as Heaney on his way out, but what do they know.

Basically, all Guilfoyle is doing is telling BIL/Heaney/Ridsdale to give him some money ... I would imagine 200K tops should keep the administrators off their backs for another 6 to 8 weeks, very little more than Heaney would have to be stumping up as new owners every two months this season anyway, once the club is purchased. They can keep a similar drip feed going for months and Guilfoyle will buy it if he sees it as a way of clawing back some of his exposure. I might be wrong, but I'm still of a mind that "they" intend to do this Plan A deal, and are spinning it out and upping the drama purposefully. As soon as there is a real standoff, they give just a tad to release the pressure.... classic tactics... almost Heseltinesque in his successful confrontation with the miners..... again, 200K should do it.

However, the most interesting quote was about the football world being short of multi millionaire benefactors ... that almost seems to me like some sort of embedded pop at Heaney telling him what he's looking for, ain't there.
All in all a difficult one to call. The only near certainty is that Argyle will not go to the wall whatever happens and whoever steps in. I'm still waiting for the next Plan C.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?   Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Oh great - plan B. Out of the frying pan into the fire. Property developer James "I'll only get involved if I REALLY have to" Brent and the farm's finest to gallop to the 'rescue' No No

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE SOMEONE OUT THERE COME IN WITH A PLAN C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?   Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:22 pm

What I'm hoping for is this whole episode will finally put to bed the idea of profitable property development in the park, and that future suitors understand just what is on offer. Hopefully they'll get the message the city doesn't want another Warner village boozing quarter in Central Park.

The Pasoti/Newell/Trust thing is a bit of a red herring in some ways as that eventuality has only been talked of due to the £1 fudge that Ridsdale and Heaney are up to.
No sane businessman with 'nothing to hide' is going to hand ownership of the club over to a bunch of wannabes ... it just won't happen. In principle though, I have nothing at all against a proper Trust ( not Pasoti Trust ) buying the club properly one day ... in fact I would like that.

It's a bit of a lose lose scenario for me at the moment, as whoever takes over it appears Ridsdale will be in the seat, and I just won't support that after his deceits since he came here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?   Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm happy with the comments made today and after months and months believing that PAFC no longer existed in a way that I felt comfortable to follow, I have a slight hope that things will be changing.

I would like to see the Trust gain some sort of momentum and some sort of understanding with the club, but its links with pasoti are holding the Trust back. Once the elections are held however then the choice is down to the fans and I would hope that those given the mandate will ensure that a far greater audience is reached then what is perceived to be a clique within pasoti, and a very limited one at that. If the Trust open the gates and allow ALL Argyle fans the same rights and respect as the Trust gives to pasoti users, I just may consider joining, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Despite what some would argue regarding Ridsdale's knowledge of the game etc. it's only morally justifiable if the man is kicked all the way up the A38, I would sooner face playing in the conference then have such a character at Home Park.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?   Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:39 am

GOB wrote:
I'm happy with the comments made today and after months and months believing that PAFC no longer existed in a way that I felt comfortable to follow, I have a slight hope that things will be changing.

I would like to see the Trust gain some sort of momentum and some sort of understanding with the club, but its links with pasoti are holding the Trust back. Once the elections are held however then the choice is down to the fans and I would hope that those given the mandate will ensure that a far greater audience is reached then what is perceived to be a clique within pasoti, and a very limited one at that. If the Trust open the gates and allow ALL Argyle fans the same rights and respect as the Trust gives to pasoti users, I just may consider joining, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Despite what some would argue regarding Ridsdale's knowledge of the game etc. it's only morally justifiable if the man is kicked all the way up the A38, I would sooner face playing in the conference then have such a character at Home Park.

Me too.
Back to top Go down
Peter Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?   Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:33 pm

Statement after the telephone meeting tonight via this link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?   Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Not good news, Peter.

So... No matter what happens with the Heaney bid it would seem - by the trusts own admission - there is not enough time to deliver the "Contingency" plan? (some plan eh...?)

How much time does the trust need? On what date can Brent deliver?

This should get interesting...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?   Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Outside of the Football league thing that might still trip these bidders up, todays statements just confirm to me Ridsdale Heaney Guilfoyle are at present giving Pasoti Trust the run around. I do not include Brent in that as he has always said he has no problem with the administrators divvying up the club.

No one is denying it is very difficult for a company's customers to significantly influence the outcome of a company takeover, but I feel, given the nature of football, that at least a proportion of the 'organised' customer base, and in this case I mean Pasoti OR the Trust, might actually have had the vision to step out of their meek passive acceptance of this deal and vociferously oppose it... if only for their own self respect.
What on earth has been gained by both constituencies following exactly the same path, apart from keeping an eye on eachother ?
Pasoti is not needed in any rescue package ... they are irrelevant in that, and should therefore have the courage to campaign against a deal they imply they are against.
One thing is certain, those 'leaders' of Pasoti, and probably the trust as well, won't waste any time in getting behind Heaney and Ridsdale, should these PBs get the gig.
Others of us will follow our principles and avoid such a club like the plague.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?   Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks? EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:45 am

That brings us right back to what several of us on here have been saying for a very long time, not a soul on pasoti or the Trust has had a mandate from the fans to step out of their meek passive acceptance of this deal to vociferously oppose it.

Despite pasoti’s questionable membership figures it remains a huge organisation with all the potential to have fought the battles that needed to be fought, but even its own membership can’t take it seriously rendering it useless as anything other then an internet message board.

The first thing the Trust should have carried out was an election, even if it was just 50 people that voted at least it would have given them some sort of mandate to carry out the “behind the scenes” negotiations.

I would argue that if pasoti had an elected leadership we would have seen a powerful united front and the Trust would have developed from that, its been a total let down simply because of power hungry personalities.

The Trust are now at last taking the democratic steps that will give the leaders the mandate and I expect we will see the same ones elected, but it opens up a future that will allow others to be elected and to change the pasoti influence. It won't happen overnight but it will happen in time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?   Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pressure from Administrator?/ Heaney on the rocks?
Page 1 of 1