Dougie
Warny
Chemical Ali
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Fletcher "fans should back players" Empty
PostSubject: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:10 am

Our amazing manager is unhappy that fans are attacking the young players, and should be backing them. Despite the fact that his tactics are shite, and the squad that he has assembled is piss poor its the fans' fault-

Quote :
Plymouth Argyle fans should back team - Carl Fletcher

Plymouth boss Carl Fletcher is unhappy that a section of the club's fans are criticising some of his players.
Fletcher's side drew 1-1 with Bristol Rovers and believes supporters should focus on backing his young squad.
"I'm a little bit disappointed with the way the fans got on some of the lads backs straight away," Fletcher told BBC Radio Devon.
"They're all young lads and nobody's perfect, it was a case of it's easy to sit there and have a moan at players."
The Argyle boss added: "I've got Youngy (Luke Young) and Conor (Hourihane) there, they're 19 and 21 in midfield and Matty's (Lecointe) only 17, they need encouragement not people getting on their backs.
"But they saw it through and they kept trying to do the right things."
Argyle took the lead through Hourihane's 30-yard strike, but Rovers replied with 20 minutes to go.
"Going a goal up, yes we're disappointed, but in the general performance we didn't have that spark there," added Fletcher.
"We were working hard to try and get that something to get us going but it just wasn't there.
"It was a good goal from Conor, he probably could have scored in every game this season, and it's nice for him to get his goal.
"He's been desperate to try and get more goals from midfield so I'm pleased for him."

Dimwit Speaks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:13 am

I expect most of the fans were booing Fletcher just as much as the team.

And funnily enough Carl, these young players are deemed good enough for Argyle's first team by you, the manager so Fuc k right off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:16 am

Oh dear Carl, you seem out of your depth on both the touchline and in front of the hacks!
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:32 am

It never seemed far away from defending "his way" to criticising the fans after another bad result. Fletch is starting to feel the heat me thinks and about time. How he's ridden any kind of good vibes wave is beyond me considering his record is dire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:39 am

It's a fine line isn't it? Are supporters entitled to boo the players? Of course they are. Does it help? Probably not.

Have I booed the players before? Yes, from memory certainly at Cheltenham under Hodges, at Exeter one year and I have Taribo West some full on vitriol at Barnet in the cup.

The one consistent to the above is where poor play is married with a perceived (on my part) lack of effort. Being shit I can just about take if that is the best shit you can be.

It is not Hourihane's fault he's been picked to play. From what I've heard and read the team tried but we have to accept that this is probably the worst team ever to represent Argyle in it's history. Booing individuals after 15 minutes isn't going to help, giving CF a mouthful might.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
It's a fine line isn't it? Are supporters entitled to boo the players? Of course they are. Does it help? Probably not.

Have I booed the players before? Yes, from memory certainly at Cheltenham under Hodges, at Exeter one year and I have Taribo West some full on vitriol at Barnet in the cup.

The one consistent to the above is where poor play is married with a perceived (on my part) lack of effort. Being shit I can just about take if that is the best shit you can be.

It is not Hourihane's fault he's been picked to play. From what I've heard and read the team tried but we have to accept that this is probably the worst team ever to represent Argyle in it's history. Booing individuals after 15 minutes isn't going to help, giving CF a mouthful might.

Seen far too much of that over the past 4 years Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 12:26 pm

And this young side includes Madjo, Williams, Bhasera, Feeney, Chadwick, Wotton, Purse, Blanchard, Griffiths is in-experienced but not young, and we have the biggest squad in the division, sort it out Fletch or feck off.

In fact just feck off.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 1:01 pm

See it's also started with the old chestnut "if you don't like what you are seeing take your money and go elsewhere" comment. Now that's would really help wouldn't it. Well unless you like to be surrounded my head nodding flag waving like minds.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Just deflecting criticism from his own shortcomings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 1:15 pm

I agree with Fletcher saying that booing an essentially young & inexperienced side is wrong.

Giving the manager stick is where it should be focussed.

His formations aren't working. His signings have been perplexing. His seeming inability to create a team able to compete in the bottom tier is becoming indisputable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 1:16 pm

It's the desperate gasp of a manager that has lost the plot or never had it, when all else fails attack the fans to deflect criticism...it never works.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 2:16 pm

remove the man remove the problem

the fans have every right to voice their opinion if they are not happy after all the fans are the lifeblood of the club piss them off they will stay away and the income decreases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 2:48 pm

I find it quite a rude response.

Here's my pasoti response

This is a disgraceful response from Fletcher - he should be apologising publicly for another lacklustre performance and promising to make things better.

Quote :
"I'm a little bit disappointed with the way the fans got on some of the lads backs straight away," Fletcher told BBC Radio Devon.
"They're all young lads and nobody's perfect, it was a case of it's easy to sit there and have a moan at players."

It's true, nobody is perfect but we don't expect that, we expect a decent football team playing well. And no, Carl, it wasn't and hasn't been easy to sit there either - it's been a nightmare of relegation, defeat and poor performances over an extended period of time. Take your frustration out on yourself and your team. In terms of actual expense, attending a football match takes up about 50% of my disposable income for the week* (I'm sure some other people use a much higher percentage of their money to attend) - think about that before you criticise a fanbase who are tired of your idiotic post match comments, your lack of quality on the pitch and your awful managerial ability. And yes, I would say that directly to the man if he was sat opposite me.

*it doesn't but it would if my Dad hadn't bought me a season ticket - he only did so to watch me suffer for hours and hours.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:01 pm

Any other team would have recruited over the summer so there is suitable competition for places throughout the side. Not dimwit, he brings in several wingers- none of whom play and an injury prone CM. Young and Hourihane are the only options currently- Young is really struggling and needs to be dropped, but unfortunately because of dimwit's terrible recruitment policy over the summer, he has to play.

I don't agree with booing the players, but Fletcher needs some serious heckling because he is utter shit. Any team can pass the ball around in midfield and then knock the ball back to be hoofed by the CB/ GK- its not good football in the slightest. No penetration, poor strikers up front and no competition for places in key positions. The bloke is completely out of his depth and needs replacing.

The green tints said give him until the end of September- now he's still making mistakes its being extended to "give him 6 games". Don't give him any more games FFS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Get him out now,the season is almost written off already because of that clown, dont let him do any more damage.
It was ridiculous placing him in as manager in the first place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Fletcher wants us to back the players? NO

Why should we blindly support a team so shit it's heading for non-league? That's what got us in this mess in the first place, blindly following and being happy clappy while Rome burnt.

Not again.

Brent is obviously not going to do anything so it's down to you Fletch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:59 pm

It's not the players' fault that they are largely young and inexperienced, being asked to play to a formation that is, at least at home, misguided.

Our regular first teamers: a 17 year old like Lecointe who has been asked to step up before he is ready; Young who is 18; Hourihane who is 21 but with no senior appearances before he came to us; Nelson who is 19 and similarly has been asked to step up - particularly last season - in a way he wouldn't ordinarily have done; Berry is 20 and had no senior appearances before us. Others aren't far off those figures. In many ways we have a fairly young squad. To have a go at those is wrong.

Brent has made it clear that, not only off the pitch but on the pitch, the intention is to build for the future. Sadly, unless we start to deliver now the future won't be much to speak of. I said some time ago that the true test of Mr Brent would be when things begin to go wrong - as they inevitably will/are. How will he deal with the vitriol that will come his way from fickle fans who are not just on the internet?

It's all very well to say the fans were wrong but until he puts his hand up then it is those players who will carry the burden.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:00 pm

the dugouts are positioned in front of an empty stand, therefore the frustration on the management is taken out on the players, end off story!

get with it fletch!
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:09 pm

You are right there Cobi. when i was your age and stood behind the dugout there were plenty of blokes more than willing to give the manager and players both barrels and they never had to experience anything like as bad as what you have the past few years. They are lucky there is nobody within 50 yards of them these days in our morgue of a ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Pitbull wrote:
the dugouts are positioned in front of an empty stand, therefore the frustration on the management is taken out on the players, end off story!

get with it fletch!

But it's not "end of story" - though that sounds like an impressive statement. The 'story' is where the responsibility lies and I'd say it's not necessarily with the players.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Quote :
It's not an over reaction.

James Brent took over and we've had months and months of James Brent turning the Home Park faithful into 'customers' and treating us to a 'matchday experience' and creating some kind of consumer product. The backlash from that is that your consumers aren't happy Mr Brent as the product is sub standard. Now the manager of the leisure business that is PAFC is criticising the customers for being unhappy with the product. We go, primarily, to watch 90 minutes of football and the rest is periphery. Perhaps that's the problem though - it seems the periphery is taking over. It's easy to get a new pasty supplier and allow some fans to sit in a tent before the game listening to some bloke called Banana or call us 'members' or supply us a lanyard but it's a bit different running a football club who actually win on the pitch.

Fletcher's 'they're young' excuse is not relevant. He picks the team and he has brought most of this team in and also kept a fair few on that really should have been moved on. This is his team playing his game and he's responsible. If Matt Lecointe has scored three last night, Fletcher would be telling us today that 'if you're good enough, you're old enough'. You can't have it both ways. It matters not how young they are either, they're all men and they're all full professionals. What does Fletcher do when we register another poor performance and another poor result? Does he go in the dressing room and give Young, Hourihane and Lecointe a lolly pop to cheer them up?

We have a right to voice our complaints however we see fit and although I didn't boo anyone (I never have as I just don't do it), I don't want those who did boo to be publicly criticised by our manager.

It's a joke at this club right now in football terms.

When we're in the BSP and that's where we are heading, I'll remind you of how we got there

Hairy on Pasoti, brilliant post.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:24 pm

How about a....

WAKE UP BRENT!
FLETCH OUT NOW!

...banner/flag?

I'd throw a tenner towards something like that.

Maybe then we could have a smallprint section....'this banner is sponsored by Argyle Talk Democratic' Razz
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Fletcher out?

Brent get your wallet out?

Forza verde out?

Fireman hats out?

Club Presidents out?

Murals out?

Family zones out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:57 pm

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
Fletcher out?

Forza verde out?

Fireman hats out?

Club Presidents out?

Murals out?

Family zones out?

TOGTFO

Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:02 pm

hairy j wrote:
GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
Fletcher out?

Forza verde out?

Fireman hats out?

Club Presidents out?

Murals out?

Family zones out?

TOGTFO

I had to google what that meant!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher "fans should back players"   Fletcher "fans should back players" Empty

Back to top Go down

Fletcher "fans should back players"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next