Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Rickler wrote:
GOB wrote:
I've just been chatting with Naps on the phone over the past few minutes, so as I said, I can be polite and still have a differing opinion, as can Naps.

Don't tell me it was another "we should all join together moment", I think I will vomit.

After all he did to the last site, I am surprised you even talk to him to be honest - after all his lying, how can you possibly believe a word he says about anything?

why do you think I don't post it Ricks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:47 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Looks like the Heaney bid is dead.......hallelujah ! Don't know who told Naps but he can't keep a secret jocolor

Now, was the wallet involved or what ?

He was up at HP today so I guess that answers that question!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:15 pm

peter_dout wrote:
GOB wrote:

BTW, where's Babba these days?

He's still about I saw him at St Aimless back in April, just not on PASOTI these days.

He popped into my local pub after the Crewe game and had a drink with me. Same old Roger, but a bit beaten, still trooping up to HP like a good boy, slavishly supporting the pre pack attempt, doesn't really listen, and more importanly and sadly, doesn't really understand the positions held by others. He couldn't understand that my friends had gone to the game and I had not ... he's not impressed with my boycott, but then I don't like his Edrich. He might have similar views to IJN often, but he ceratinly doesn't like him, that's for sure.

Interesting that Stapleton is up at HP, if indeed he is. They could quite easily ride this out for a couple of weeks by chucking in another 300K, but will they ? In the end, it is all about them trying to screw the players and staff ... always has been.
Maybe Stapleton is being asked if he, Wrathall and the rest will take a bigger hit in order to satisfy the football creditors ... all guesswork, nobody knows. Maybe he is being asked to come clean about his involvment ... does his involvment break League rules ? I don't know, I don't think so, but it certainly breaks mine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:53 pm

GOB wrote:
Exactly Tring, that's why I am being careful of what I post!

After the initial chat about what's going on with the club I mentioned our site differences but it seems to fall upon deaf ears. We have our differences do Naps and I and we're both pretty vocal and to the point, so that part of the conversation didn't take too long. Needless to say, nothings changed.

It's out in the public domain now so here's what Naps told me. Heaney has pulled out and that Brent was travelling by train to London to hold talks with the administrators earlier today but as things stand it would mean that to accept Brents offer the staff and players would have to lose out on money owed, it was suggested that the offer from Brent would probably fail to convince the creditors and liquidation would follow considering the far greater debt now then when Brent initially enquired, this was a personal view though.

It seems the destiny of the club is being made as I type!

Last edited by GOB on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:55 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
peter_dout wrote:
GOB wrote:

BTW, where's Babba these days?

He's still about I saw him at St Aimless back in April, just not on PASOTI these days.

He popped into my local pub after the Crewe game and had a drink with me. Same old Roger, but a bit beaten, still trooping up to HP like a good boy, slavishly supporting the pre pack attempt, doesn't really listen, and more importanly and sadly, doesn't really understand the positions held by others. He couldn't understand that my friends had gone to the game and I had not ... he's not impressed with my boycott, but then I don't like his Edrich. He might have similar views to IJN often, but he ceratinly doesn't like him, that's for sure.

Interesting that Stapleton is up at HP, if indeed he is. They could quite easily ride this out for a couple of weeks by chucking in another 300K, but will they ? In the end, it is all about them trying to screw the players and staff ... always has been.
Maybe Stapleton is being asked if he, Wrathall and the rest will take a bigger hit in order to satisfy the football creditors ... all guesswork, nobody knows. Maybe he is being asked to come clean about his involvment ... does his involvment break League rules ? I don't know, I don't think so, but it certainly breaks mine.

I suppose Babs finds it difficult to accept the cock up of backing Stapes, culminating in our current predicament. As you say PP, sad really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:02 pm

So, it certainly looks as if it's the battle we all thought it was ... Mastpoint et al get paid or the football creditors get paid.... not enough money for both. Maybe Guilfoyle/ Ridsdale should shoulder a cut in their pay as well to help the deal.
Where's Ridsdale in all this .... on a train back to the North, I hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:07 pm

GOB wrote:
GOB wrote:

After the initial chat about what's going on with the club I mentioned our site differences but it seems to fall upon deaf ears. We have our differences do Naps and I and we're both pretty vocal and to the point, so that part of the conversation didn't take too long. Needless to say, nothings changed.

It's out in the public domain now so here's what Naps told me. Heaney has pulled out and that Brent was travelling by train to London to hold talks with the administrators earlier today but as things stand it would mean that to accept Brents offer the staff and players would have to lose out on money owed, it was suggested that the offer from Brent would probably fail to convince the creditors and liquidation would follow considering the far greater debt now then when Brent initially enquired, this was a personal view though. It seems the destiny of the club is being made as I type!

But surely the plan B committee would have been aware of this when they were plotting......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:08 pm

I think Ridsdale is in London for the talks as well, although I would be much happier if he was heading back to Yorkshire and as far away from HP as possible!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
GOB wrote:
GOB wrote:

It's out in the public domain now so here's what Naps told me. Heaney has pulled out and that Brent was travelling by train to London to hold talks with the administrators earlier today but as things stand it would mean that to accept Brents offer the staff and players would have to lose out on money owed, it was suggested that the offer from Brent would probably fail to convince the creditors and liquidation would follow considering the far greater debt now then when Brent initially enquired, this was a personal view though. It seems the destiny of the club is being made as I type!

But surely the plan B committee would have been aware of this when they were plotting......

You would think/expect so Frank, possibly a bargaining point maybe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:15 pm

I hope Ridsdale is only there to give technical assistance... he's been the chief architect of this disgrace.
Surely Brent won't want to share a bed with that two timer.
I still can't believe the creditors ( and in that, I mean Mastpoint etc ) will want a liquidation over a going concern.
If Brent is in the frame now, the Park will breathe a sigh of relief compared to the reported futile desires of Heaney. Could be an interesting couple of days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:21 pm

As per the club when they were running it, they are trying to make their pre pack succeed without spending money and by using blackmail tactics, they may have just bitten off more they can chew. Unfortunately for us that means the end of PAFC but I prefer that option to masterpoint remaining in the background of a club where the destiny can only ever be dark.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:35 pm

GOB wrote:
but as things stand it would mean that to accept Brents offer the staff and players would have to lose out on money owed, it was suggested that the offer from Brent would probably fail to convince the creditors and liquidation would follow considering the far greater debt now then when Brent initially enquired,

I thought the players wages were non-negotiable! And if they weren't paid, the golden ticket wasn't issued?

Still If Brent is travelling, there must be something to discuss?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Gawd knows Ricks, the talks with Brent are now being rubbished. It seems very strange that both Slater and Naps have impressed that Brent is in London for talks but now Slater is saying he didn't say that!

Christ knows what's going on!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Perhaps this is all part of Ridsdale's orchestration to up the anti ... we don't know, and our Pasoti friends certainly don't KNOW either.
I am always suspicious when supposedly important things go to the BBC chappie and also passed right down the food chain to the likes of IJN ... breakfast anyone ?

As for the wages issue Ricks, it's always been on the cards that all bidders would now have to negotiate down the football creditors somewhat, and the League know this. But from his initial offer, it has been assumed Brent would offer more of the wages paid than the pre packers, who obviously favour the previous owners ... I can't argue with that.
The League will sign over the share when they know an agreement has been achieved as to how much reduction there will be.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:56 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Perhaps this is all part of Ridsdale's orchestration to up the anti ... we don't know, and our Pasoti friends certainly don't KNOW either.
I am always suspicious when supposedly important things go to the BBC chappie and also passed right down the food chain to the likes of IJN ... breakfast anyone ?

Yup so am I. Glad it came out on pasoti first, would have hated being the scape goat for Heaney's lawyers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Considering everything Gob, I think you've held to your signature fairly well. jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:17 pm

At the end of the day PP, I won't be topping myself or having a breakdown over a football club or website shenanigans, my kids are happy and healthy and everything in the real world is pretty good really so yes, everyone deserves respect in this twilight Internet world of conflict. farao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.   Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Net Losses........... In search of the soul of English football.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2