Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Transder Deadline Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Transder Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Transder Deadline Day   Transder Deadline Day EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Simon King arrives on loan for a month. A defender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transder Deadline Day   Transder Deadline Day EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:34 am

ahhhh, remember the days when we could pick up a free transfer!
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Transder Deadline Day   Transder Deadline Day EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:49 pm

Some other unheard of kid from Ipswich too now, also coming back from injury. PRFC 125 is licking the bottom of the barrell now, not even pretending to be a serious football club.

If 'the money is there', if it's just a matter of solicitors drawing up contracts then an advance, a show of good faith could come forward from Heaney surely?. Now, we all know it's hot air, we all know there's no money, always have but you'd think they'd want to at least TRY and put out a competitive football team.

But no, instead transfer deadline day is most memorably marked by another offering from 'the fearless group', a 'woe is me' article about how hard done by the £20,000 pcm Peter Ridsdale is.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transder Deadline Day   Transder Deadline Day EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:52 pm

Smiffy, as forecast ... nothing. It was never intended for today. On, on they go. Still, at least Pasoti Trust is really kicking up a stink putting Ridsdale under public pressure ..... oohhh, apparently, they're not.... dinning out with James no doubt.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Transder Deadline Day   Transder Deadline Day EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:28 pm

Well you know my thoughts on the Trust position and my hopes for a more militant streak when the situation is resolved one way or the other. If they're keeping James Brent onside and in the picture still by not giving both barrells then i'm content with that.........for now. As for PASOTI, reckon the mood is turning a bit, it's not so chock full of appeasers as it once was.

They're still there though and while dealine day was never going to yeild anything the post of the day for me was someone this morning. Responding to criticism of the signing of Terry Nutkins or whatever his name was from Gillingham he said "a lot can happen in 10 hours"...........like what?, we're going to re-sign the Holloway team or something?.

You just can't buy blind optimism like that..................but somehow Ridsdale has Rolling Eyes.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Transder Deadline Day   Transder Deadline Day EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:09 pm

L2, BSP, BS South - it's all the same to Heaney. Even if he had the money - which he doesn't - he wouldn't invest it to keep us up as that serves no useful purpose as far as he's concerned. The injured and the unwanted is all we'll get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transder Deadline Day   Transder Deadline Day EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:31 pm

Anyone who thinks the Pasoti Trust attitude will change when Ridsdale actually buys the club, has been hoodwinked.
While of course there will be a couple of dissenters, the main players have seized upon the rescue plan as a means of keeping their head down until the storm blows over. Quivering in their bunks they are, but will be up and at it once Cap'n Ridsdale barks out his orders... they've just not got anything else in their locker... they're just happy to be part of the crew, no matter who's cap'n and where it's sailing... have seen people like it all my life.

Now Ridsdale's court case is so close, I would imagine the League will be hanging back, and may well even have told Ridsdale that, we don't know. And I suspect there is a problem in getting everyone to sign BEFORE the league give approval... the same old chicken and egg that Ridsdale wants to use to get an edge. And of course, while staff continue to defer, thereby producing an ultimately negotiable lower wage bill than the cost of the administrators every month, why would these people hurry up ? .. their costs will be dropping week upon week... if they keep it up for the rest of the season, they'll save themselves a good half million at least.
Pasoti Trust will be a laughing stock if they're not careful ... I can't see that Sue character losing her 'champers' image now and wouldn't want her involved in negotiating my future, that's for sure... fortunately, she's not been given a candidacy for that post... she's barred.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Transder Deadline Day   Transder Deadline Day EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 12:09 am

Whilst as you know penz I don't share your 'issues' over the Trust or Pasoti I can't help but raise the Cohiba and Havana Club to you on that last bit, she's well intentioned i'm sure but has been far too saccarin sweet and happy clappy for my liking.

I have more faith some teeth will show out, membership would dimisnish if they didn't. Ridsdales club a quid dream is in tatters though as we speak so worst we can expect is him as a paid CEO. The trust are better connected to James Brent than Ridsdale is so with Brent as owner they'd be on a much firmer footing in the boardroom than Ridsdale anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transder Deadline Day   Transder Deadline Day EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:07 am

Pasoti Trust are now suffering from apathy according to Chris Webb, which I read as just another version of blaming the fans.
Quote :
like every other representative based organisation in the current times we suffer from apathy.
It's not apathy Chris, read yer Marx if it's still in your library., it's alienation, people have had to find their own way of dealing with the situation.
If Pasoti Trust had set it's targets more boldly and kept a respectable distance from the Pasoti cabal, who are not natural bed fellows of a 'Trust', then perhaps there would have been more able and willing people putting up as candidates. It's not the timing that's the problem, it's the fact that the Trust "message" hasn't inspired enough people.

This crisis for the Trust, and it is a crisis, is of it's own making.... it's a crisis of vision, not apathy, and at the end of all this there will be the odd prominent face at Pasoti HQ quite happy at their efforts to tether and nulify an emerging Supporters' Trust.
And on a matter of principle, I agree 100% with Ricks, it's an appalling situation where banned people of Pasoti are not able to ask questions in their own name on the Trust's forum. That was yet another very bad mistake, and showed how the Trust is totally dominated by that website. It puts people off Chris. Even Mr Newell has often stated that website is not popular with a huge swathe of the fanbase.

I see poor old Smiffy has rejoined the ranks. Smarten up soldier ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Transder Deadline Day   Transder Deadline Day EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:25 am

Never left the ranks Penz, I don't hold the same bitterness. I'll work within the ranks at least while we're in administration. We're totally in Guilfoyles hands, it's self defeating to do anything but work with him at the moment. I do however reserve the right to desert and 'go guerilla' if, upon conclusion of the administration process, the Trust isn't set up to attack as I wish it to attack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transder Deadline Day   Transder Deadline Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Transder Deadline Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: