Greenskin
argyledj
Freathy
Tringreen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:21 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I'm with you Ali, time to get angry. Better late than never BUT some of the leading fans reps are being careful, in case they upset someone they might have to suck up to at a later date.
They are not fit to lead.
It's more about them and gestures than leading a crusade. Sadly, there are a few hundred Avivas who will hang on their every word, whilst not understanding what the hell is really going on.

Beards, buckets n bats................................. all the same to the average Aviva. jocolor

Had 10 minutes inbetween interviews so I thought I would scan around here for a look at everyones views.

This site is beyond a joke with forms of direct bullying and intimidation with every poster of an alternate view set on like a back of wolves.

Tring, can you state one useful contribution you have made to the cause over the last 9 months?

GOB - this thread is an example of why this site will never become mainstream. The not shaving campaign is not an attempt to save Argyle. Its just a small thing to get media interest (lots lined up for Saturday for example). Once we have that interest we can raise the profile of our plight. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Red Card protest is being organised and in my view will galvanise fans. PP asks what it is about but in reality we need to see what the next 24hrs bring before announcing what the focus is - for example Heaney could be gone by then.

I really want to engage on behalf of the Trust with the widest possible audience. Whilst people I don't even know hiding behind a keyboard and a hidden identity feel it is their right to throw insults, call me "Webb", make constant slurs I am hardly going to be running over to here am I!!??

The Trust is upping the ante (dont just read pasoti), look at the papers, listen to the Radio (I know the main two posters on here don't even live in England so that maybe an issue). I am doing my best to play a role in saving Argyle. The majority of the fanbase can see that (even those who do not support the Trust ethos).

Lets at least stick together as Argyle supporters. Tring - if you have that much spare time that you can be on here and exeweb constantly attacking Ian Newell or me then surely you have time to make a positive difference. Too much too ask?

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Oh Chris, stop being a big girls blouse!

Now. seriously.......I would make a decent donation if the Trust were to employ a financial forensic expert to examine the administration process etc, how about that as a fans appeal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:48 pm

GOB wrote:
Oh Chris, stop being a big girls blouse!

Now. seriously.......I would make a decent donation if the Trust were to employ a financial forensic expert to examine the administration process etc, how about that as a fans appeal?

GOB - This is something we have looked into (Peter Ryan sought advice) and were told that it was only a goer after the event. Hence the efforts being focused on what is happening now!

To be honest my post wasn't really aimed at you because if it was I would have isolated your OP and responded.

You have to understand how draining it is to deal with two individuals who are beyond the point of being bitter (Tring and Rickler). Neither attend games, neither offer any help themselves and both have a clear agenda against IJN and Pasoti.

I don't want to get involved in that. Far more important matters are at stake.

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Chris, yes we have issues with IJN and whilst I don't have an issue with pasoti as such I agree that one or two do and understandably so.

For my part I don't have a prob with IJN's character in the real world, but online he's a prat, I'm sure he wouldn't expect any other wording from me then how I see it.

The thing is though Chris, it maybe too late after the event, we could do with an investigation now before it's too late...although I recognise that it probably already is, it would send a chill down one or two peoples backs and may kick an ass or two?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:12 pm

GOB wrote:
Chris, yes we have issues with IJN and whilst I don't have an issue with pasoti as such I agree that one or two do and understandably so.

For my part I don't have a prob with IJN's character in the real world, but online he's a prat, I'm sure he wouldn't expect any other wording from me then how I see it.

The thing is though Chris, it maybe too late after the event, we could do with an investigation now before it's too late...although I recognise that it probably already is, it would send a chill down one or two peoples backs and may kick an ass or two?

Whether you see him as a "prat" or not is an aside GOB. I think the same of many people in life but you just get on with it. Its the constant obsession, reference and now new tactic of trying to link IJN and me that makes this site quite frankly a laughing stock. Claiming to be indepedent whilst every other post talks about Pasoti! (not yours).

Onto the subject in hand, the advice was it was a non-winner 'during' the process. I thinks its a fair call to ask again now though.

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:17 pm

I'll resist the IJN, Trust, Pasoti debate, but believe me, there really is two sides to a story, you've only heard one and the reason you are getting a bit of grief is that you have aligned yourself with someone that shut down our last site that we had all paid financially for, amongst a great many other things!

It's never been about popularity or being the No1 site, it's about having a voice, which is something many of us have been denied!

But still, as I said, I would be happy to donate to such an investigation if/when it takes place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:29 pm

GOB wrote:
I'll resist the IJN, Trust, Pasoti debate, but believe me, there really is two sides to a story, you've only heard one and the reason you are getting a bit of grief is that you have aligned yourself with someone that shut down our last site that we had all paid financially for, amongst a great many other things!

It's never been about popularity or being the No1 site, it's about having a voice, which is something many of us have been denied!

But still, as I said, I would be happy to donate to such an investigation if/when it takes place.
No worries GOB, I don't want to get involved in the debate either. I count IJN as a friend. Because of that the wolves are out. I haven't aligned myself with anyone.

On the Contingency Group are Trust, GTs, IJN, Peter Jones, Graham Clark, Postey. Funny how its just my association with IJN that gets picked out.

I just want to debate Argyle and the Trust.....with people without an agenda. Thats not too much to ask is it?

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 26)
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:42 am

Chris Webb wrote:

You have to understand how draining it is to deal with two individuals who are beyond the point of being bitter (Tring and Rickler). Neither attend games, neither offer any help themselves and both have a clear agenda against IJN and Pasoti.

Whoa.. Not really hostile are you, Chris? Information courtesy of Newell was it?

Quite honestly... How fucking dare you!

Your comments show your ignorance and bigotry and prove you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about! How do you know what help I have offered? As a matter of fact I have. Even to the trust!

I have nothing against Pasoti either, only against a few tyrants. I read it everyday. I have given money several times to its running, even after I was banned - hardly the actions of a man who has an 'agenda' against it, is it? But I won't do it while Newell is a owner. You got one thing right. I do not like Newell, (and I have many good reasons I am sure he hasn't mentioned), but that isn't an 'agenda', and I am hardly alone am I? If you looked outside the little pasoti world you only recently joined when you needed to boost your trust career, you will see that there are scores of people who feel much the same way on exeweb, ROTG, football forums, and the old Argyle Talk etc - have you actually any idea of what he did to that site? Do you know what depths he sunk to? Why don't you ask the Admin of this site (I dare you) Lower than anything he will achieve in the Red Sea I'll tell you that!

As for me going to matches...

Certainly the most offensive, and undoubtably stupid of your comments.

As you know, I live in Los Angeles...
So, basically eleven hour flight, approximately six hundred quid a time. I have three others in my family....

Let's for arguments sake take recent history - roughly the time I have been on the internet and reading Pasoti etc...
I have made at least one game a season for the last thirteen years. Most seasons I have made at least two, and sometimes three games, occasionally four - this meant sometimes flying home twice in a season.... It has meant planning family holidays around attending. It has meant holidaying in the UK when the rest of the family would have rather gone somewhere slightly more exotic!
After he died out of the blue, it meant arranging my fathers funeral in the Lake District where he lived, (last time I had seen him alive was at the Blackpool game the year before) so I could attend the away match at Colchester around this time last year (a visit that Newell still thought okay to make obnoxious personal comments about). I was at Home Park this Christmas.

Needless to say... I find your comments about my "not attending matches" repulsive.

As for the other stuff in your previous few posts on this thread. About people being bullied etc... Where, who?
Don''t tell me you? And as for being being called "Webb" that's your name! Obviously never went to public school (the horror eh, Chris?) or been in the Army!

And the "I'm only given a hard time because I'm a friend of Newell" stuff. Grow up! What a load of bollocks! Wozzer is a very good friend of IJN. I have no problem with him or him with me. I even stay at his house...

The rest I just can't be bothered with, it's just rubbish.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:52 am

I was a regular at Argyle matches long before you were born Mr Webb and have been through dark times as well as a few happy ones. This last failure to seize an opportunity through Janner greed and mediocrity has, I admit, knocked the stuffing out of me as far as physical attendance goes.Living in Cyprus for a few years has made it easier to divorce myself from the horrible reality. It was murder to be amongst the happy clappy, trust in Stapes brigade, when I knew where it was all heading.
My frustration with Newell is that he has and continues to deny many intelligent and visionary Argyle fans a voice on the club's oldest and largest forum, on spurious charges.As has been pointed out, he himself has done far worse The fact that we were proven correct in our 'insistent' warnings and subsequently the Newell dominated Pasoti continues to support holier than thou but basically sticking plaster remedies, continues to grate.
Just for the record and I know Ricks doesn't think the same, I'd rather start again in the wilderness than actively support the only club I've ever supported, in the hands of the likes of Heaney & Ridsdale.
You've clearly fallen for the, 'THEYM NAAAAT PRAAAAPER FANS' line from Newell or you wouldn't have lowered yourself to the comment you made on F/B.

As with Newell, I'm sure your heart is in the right place and you're giving of your time freely to help the club but don't be surprised if everyone is not a nodding Aviva boy and has a mind and vision of their own.
The Pasoti/Trust/GT's group are the supporters representatives right now, so good luck. Closing ears and minds to alternative strategies is just so Pasoti and if history is anything to go by, doomed to failure.

It's good to talk.

ps take a glance at the brief, 'embarrassing really' thread in this section. This is how I feel.It's way past time for buckets n beards. Time to adopt a clear message and back it up with anything you can. The noisier and nastier the better............................. not a pint and a pasty in the Pyramid Suite ffs !
This is football.................... getting militant is expected.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:01 am

Chris Webb wrote:
On the Contingency Group are Trust, GTs, IJN, Peter Jones, Graham Clark, Postey. Funny how its just my association with IJN that gets picked out.
Yeah, can't think why.

The Trust - Over a 1000 members, like it or lump it by far the best means of fan representation we have
GTs - Could be useful for fundraising in the future
Jones - Has run the club before and an excellent media man
Clark - Seems to be well aware of the legal bits and financial issues
Postcode - A bit of a digger, saved us in January when he found out about court
Newell - a buffoon/your mate

I'd actually argue that the GTs shouldnt really be there either. All their magnificent fundraising efforts have done is ensure that Ridsdale could drag this out even longer than he could have dared imagine, it was almost condoning Heaney's lack of forthcoming money and certainly made things worse for the staff in the long run.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:05 am

The beard thing?, I must agree that really is a bit shit Embarassed

Still pro Trust though. I understand and acknowledge but don't share your PASOTI/Trust stances.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:59 pm

I have a beard, well groomed, going to the highest bidder <snort>
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:56 pm

do merkins count? affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the beards! :lol!:    Return of the beards! :lol!:  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Return of the beards! :lol!:
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2