Sandford_Grecian
Chemical Ali
seadog
Mock Cuncher
X Isle
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Do you think that.... Empty
PostSubject: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:00 am

...Brent will offer a place on his board to the Trust?

Assuming of course he takes over, but I think we would have been liquidated by now if this wasn't going to happen?
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:32 am

I don't know the answer Frank. But i'm intrigued to know why you think there's a connection between not being liquidated and the offering of a Trust place on his board?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:45 am

I think the club will be liquidated if Brent wasn't a serious option - nothing to do with trust involvement Very Happy
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:53 am

Ah I see, thanks, pardon my confuzzlement.

I can see what would be in it for James Brent, he does seem to have pretentions of reaching out to the fanbase. His pitch is inclusive, his board may well reflect that. The sticking point would be Ridsdale, if he's involved as CEO or executive director then he'd run it as minimal as possible and have no truck with fans whatsoever. It's not his way and his contemptuous attitude to fans was underlined with the laughably crass 'founding fathers certificate' gimmick.......how stupid does he think we are?.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:30 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
No, and if he does then it will be a puppet appointment.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:40 am

I honestly hope not, the trust should be wholly autonomous, besides a place on the board would place the trust member even more in the firing line.

I already think some of the abuse that Chris Webb and Wozzer have had to put with has been pathetic. They should always expect some constructive criticism but personal abuse is way out of order.

I would be surprised if Ridsdale sticks around much longer either, he'll be off to save another club.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:00 pm

The conference will hold no allure for a man with so many contacts in the game.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:04 pm

The conference will hold no allure for a man with so many contacts in the game.

What a dreadful stutter...........
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Brent has been quoted as wanting a 'community club'- this suggests that the Trust/ fans would have some say- whether its in the board room would be interesting? He may look at people like Peter Jones and possibly Dunford to return.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Brent has been quoted as wanting a 'community club'- this suggests that the Trust/ fans would have some say- whether its in the board room would be interesting? He may look at people like Peter Jones and possibly Dunford to return.

No bad thing.

I've got a toe in the Trust, i'm maybe even paddling still but i've retreated from my full on enthusiasm to dive in. Just lately on the farm there's been a degree of c0ck measuring that I find uncomfortable and incompatible with my belief that we're all entitled to support in the way we see fit. The notion that we should be 'grateful' for the match attenders for keeping the club going for the non-attenders to come back to misses the point entirely IMHO. They've kept PRFC 125 going, it's not the same thing I recognise as Argyle. Argyle will only be in existence again when it's run properly by a responsible owner, that could be in the Screwfix leagues for all I care so I refuse to be grateful for the 5,000 giving Ridsdale £20,000 pcm while the staff have seen the square route of f**k all from their gate money.

So as people who have already built experience, earned their spurs and earned my trust, Peter Jones and/or Michael Dunford would have my vote over the untried and becoming 'testy' Trust anyway. As a pressure group on the outside they'd retain a degree of impartiality too, as good as JB sounds he's still an owner, will they be critical enough if they're guests at his table?.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:45 pm

What the same trust that organised this VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bound to be invited, he'll want somebody to organise the christmas party, oh hang on, I'm sure he'll want a piss up for that one, so maybe not then lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Bleddy well hope not. A boardroom at a football club is no place for a so-called fans representative. Of course the Trust has a role to play, liaising with the CEO perhaps, but certainly not at the top table - particularly with the left wing nature of the current spokesman.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:59 pm

If he were that left wing of course he would be morally opposed to being at the top table Wink.

I agree though, not the best place to be, left leaning or not.

Another concern would be the loss of impartiality at PASOTI. It seems to be hand in glove with the Trust, whilst I don't personally see the problem with that were the Trust to then gain board representation would the previous vote to remain impartial be overturned?.

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 2:10 pm

I would personally be surprised and disappointed if JB demonstrated his business acuity at an early stage by being persuaded that having a Trust board member on the club board would be a good idea. There's none of the "elected" Society board I'd be happy to see at the top table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 2:15 pm

Pasoti Trust won't be offered a place on "The Board", but they'll be given a gaily painted very big hat, which I'm sure they'll wear with great pride and aplomb.
Sadly, as with many things, this country has the very British "mill owner" attitude toward it's football. For me, a Trust OWNED club is the ultimate answer. In the meantime, a Trust should stay well outside the wine cellar of the owners and operate in the way of the Wednesday Trust ....Trust's and Trust owned football clubs are a long term cultural aspiration ... Pasoti Trust need to put any influence they might have over the fanbase in developing thier own financial pecs, rather than asking their members to buy Ridsdale's goldfish or the players' towels... that's the job of the Taverners.

I see the welcome Plympton Pilgrim has popped in again to offer his usual support of IJN in his distaste of "lefties" being involved in anything, let alone an English football club. ... it must be something to do with that Plympton air.

Actually, PP, I wonder if you have had any Damascus moments yet ? I remember fondly your admiration a year or two back of the financial "leveraging" of the NWO ... after all, you did lecture us that was how business was done these days. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Ouch Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:39 pm

I think that Brent will offer the Trust a place on his board. It would be a good way to appease a fractured fanbase.

Whether it would work or not is an entirely different matter.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:53 pm

penzancepirate wrote:

I see the welcome Plympton Pilgrim has popped in again to offer his usual support of IJN in his distaste of "lefties" being involved in anything, let alone an English football club. ... it must be something to do with that Plympton air.

Actually, PP, I wonder if you have had any Damascus moments yet ? I remember fondly your admiration a year or two back of the financial "leveraging" of the NWO ... after all, you did lecture us that was how business was done these days. Laughing Laughing

You're welcome.

Supporting Mr Newell? I've been accused of some things but never that. No. it's the antics of Mr Webb that I can't support. I take it from your post that you do - each to their own.

Must admit, I can't remember talking about financial leverage however if you say it then it must be right. I was in favour of the WC bid, if that's what you mean. It would have been huge economically for the City, but Mr Blatter worked his magic and all hope disappeared. Is he left wing? Must be an idol of yours then.

Anyway, Trust's have a role within the support of a football club, but any more involvement than that would be a major blunder in my view. People running a football club need to know what they're doing. Leave it to the Peter Jones' of this world.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:27 am

I would describe my good self as being 'left of centre' politically. Is that such a bad thing ? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:36 am

Tringreen wrote:
I would describe my good self as being 'left of centre' politically. Is that such a bad thing ? Shocked

Yes you bloody communist Laughing !
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:01 am

Tringreen wrote:

No it isin't, almost a traditional position for the teaching profession.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think that....   Do you think that.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think that....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: