Freathy
Tringreen
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

What are you doing ? Empty
PostSubject: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:21 am

This is the party line thrown at anyone on the Farm, who questions the activities of the Pasoti Trust/ GT's.

What could we do ? Seriously ?

Rattling buckets only serves to prolong the agony.

Those currently 'representing' the fans don't really have a mandate, they aren't as many as they'd have everyone believe but they have seized the supposed moral high ground .

The real tragedy is that these are the very people who have consistently shown themselves to be inward thinking, reactionary and have a track record of backing the wrong horse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:45 am

I think the point is that there are a lot of people who want to do SOMETHING.......but there is no direction or leadership so they are waiting for something to happen. The green card protest and the beard growing competition are not generating any interest. Other clubs are wondering why we are not being more militant or kicking up a stink about our situation.

And I agree of course, if you dare question this you get attacked.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:55 am

Not much we can do via the pasoti trust as the leadership fully supported by the rank and file just cosies up to whoever they think will takeover. Ridsdale Brent we love you.

If it doesn't come from the pasoti trust,GTs the sheep won't listen but what's needed is direct action. Like the Brighton fan on another thread said. Things like...

Complete boycotts
Mass walk-outs half way through matches
Mass pitch invasions with banners
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:56 am

I don't see any of it as the moral high ground, not even those of us that are boycotting .... it's only a game of football at the end of the day, and one business out of many in the city ..... civic pride ? pull the other one, many would argue civic pride was NOT having a lower league football team.
I was far more moved by the folk who badgered and fund raised for years to save Mount Wise and the Tinside Lido ... now there is a good example of civic pride .. anyone who has used the now packed pool will be grateful to those that saved it........ and .... it's free ... what's wrong with having FREE at the point of delivery public services ? ... I just don't get some people that would deny the poorer amonst us.... a far cry from the likes of Tony campbell who would try and CHARGE for parking within the main Civic park, and a small fortune for very poor entertainment and care.

However, what brought down the horrors of the Soviet regime ? it wasn't bucket rattling, it was continued passive resistance of the masses .... boycott in other words ... nothing can survive that. The trouble is, any activity against the regime has been smothered by the supporters of it, and they continue to manipulate the unrest ... it won't last though.

It is all purely a matter of choice, and fans will tend to follow their base emotional shape.... if you like "authority" and a nice bit of order in life, you'll run up to the fan fests panting for more, showing off your buckets. If you don't, you'll keep well clear until the blood letting is finished.
The vast, vast majority of fans don't utilise here or Pasoti, or rattle buckets, and have just found something else to do... it really isn't a big deal unless you're actually employed by the club. Employment is a nother matter, and I suspect for many rattlers, this is the one and only time they've ever supported employees being bullied.
I think we've got it about right Tringy, nothing wrong with a jovial sneer at the self righteous trooping up to church....they've always looked down on heathens and infidels ... kinda sad..
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:41 am

Could we sticky a roll of honour for those who have done fook all to "save " the club?

Can we have a "humbled" emoticon too?

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:47 am

What am I doing?

I'll tell you what I'm not doing, and that is giving any of my money away into Ridsdale's black hole. I'm also refusing to give to the fundraisers, who mean well but are only serving to drag this terrible process out longer. I'll continue not doing that until some rich chap who stands to make even more money from Argyle takes the short term hit and actually pays the staff. I'll probably continue to not do that until whoever is in charge at Home Park can muster up a side worth parting with the twenty odd quid for, rather than this terrible bunch who'd struggle in the Conference South. I'm seriously disillusioned with it all at the moment, and it is going to take a fair bit to win me back now. Going to Oz for 6 months could end my interest in soccer completely.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:53 am

Pah, namby pamby western liberal democratic countries. We should be inspired by the "arab spring" and people that suffered under dictatorships that didn't need to hide behind sharp suits and weasel words. Get hold of some old AK47's and start shooting...even if it's only up in the air. Folk quickly run away when they see a gun.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Nothing, however the good lady wife; is growing a beard, bless her lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:46 pm

going back to bed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:51 pm

I'm not cutting my grass, fok em!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:03 pm

I'm watching Argyle's defeats on SSN/ Final Score.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:46 pm

"What did you do in the war daddy ? "

"I still went to the footie even though the staff weren't being paid... it's all a matter of priorities, luv, I chucked in for a pasty for 'em on the way in"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:12 pm

I am attempting to convince 10,000 Argyle fans to set up a direct debit of £20 a month to the Argyle Trust, so that in 1 years time the trust will have in excess of £2million in its account. Then I will attempt to negotiate with James Brent (or whomever owns the club), to buy the stadium for the fans. He can keep the "footprint" and the club to develop as he wishes. If I only get 5,000 fans I will attempt to double the monthly donation, or extend the payment period to 2 years.

I will then charge the club between £100-200k a year in rent. This money will held by the Trust for a rainy day, or to be used for youth development or other worthy Argyle matters.

By the time I have the money it may be too late to complete my plan. But a Trust with 10,000 members and £2 million in its bank account is a force to be reckoned with.

So far I have to convince another 9,999 fans. But I have made a start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The whole world loves a direct debit .... the modern holy grail of salesmen and scoundrels... will we see Pasoti Trust chugging in the City centre ... if so, I'll give them a hard time, that's for sure.... and I hope they're not thinking of charitable status.

If the whole idea wasn't so preposterous, I would ask them to look at the 17K raised by the Todd ruse a year ago.

I also love this
Quote :
or [money] to be used for youth development or other worthy Argyle matters.

So, just another relaunched headline youth jobbie that can be used for just about anything, and we all know what happened to the last development trust money, and the youngsters that were any good for that matter..
Still, if people fall for it, they can't say they haven't been warned... they might get 3 or 400 people. Perhaps I could raise cheap funding for my business this way..... hmmmm.

I sincerly hope Brent's interest isn't relying on a £2m input from fans jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:08 pm

I think Brent knows what he's doing, it'll be a tight ship but I still reckon Peter Reid is the right man. His record still stands up and anyone in football will only offer praise towards him.

I know you don't ban people here but thus far I have admitted I like Ian Newell, supported Peter Reid and been positive about something.

I must be an Aviva! jocolor

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 28)
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:55 pm

peter_dout wrote:
I think Brent knows what he's doing, it'll be a tight ship but I still reckon Peter Reid is the right man. His record still stands up and anyone in football will only offer praise towards him.

I know you don't ban people here but thus far I have admitted I like Ian Newell, supported Peter Reid and been positive about something.

Err...

Brent knows what he's doing. He's doing a property deal. As far as Argyle goes... Brent hasn't got a clue, which is why he will have someone else run it!

Peter Reid's record at PAFC suggests he is not the right man. It certainly doesn't 'stand up'.

Liking Newell proves you are looney.

Supporting Reid is probably being charitible, like supporting Luggy for the last ten months. It will probably end in tears.

I missed what you thought you were being positive about.

Aviva?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Rickler wrote:
peter_dout wrote:

Err...

Brent knows what he's doing. He's doing a property deal. As far as Argyle goes... Brent hasn't got a clue, which is why he will have someone else run it!

Peter Reid's record at PAFC suggests he is not the right man. It certainly doesn't 'stand up'.

Liking Newell proves you are looney.

Supporting Reid is probably being charitible, like supporting Luggy for the last ten months. It will probably end in tears.

I missed what you thought you were being positive about.

Aviva?

Would anyone's record have stood up under the circumstances though? Just been having a long debate with a chap on PASOTI about this issue,can't be arsed to go through it all again.Not sure about Brent either.Funnily enough,i played golf at Chulmleigh today and some people who knew of him and his dealings in the area said that he was exceedingly rich but that had been a complete and utter bastard to some of the tenants,whom he wanted to shift, on one of the estates that he had purchased in the area.Of course,there's two sides to every story but put it this way,they had no motive to tell me untruths about him,maybe he isn't after all the guardian of saintly behaviour that he has been credited with.Tricky course too,all par 3's which sounds easy,but isn't.Superb food afterwards,well worth all of the on course suffering.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:12 pm

I read your comments on the farm, Greenskin, and I totally agree.

Reid has been dealt bad hand after bad hand...

However... When the history books are written, I somehow doubt that his record is going to be much better than it is right now, and there won't be an asterisk beside his name saying what a rotten position he was in during his tenure.

The facts will be the statistics.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:40 am

peter_dout wrote:

You're not an Aviva Peter. They are unwilling to enter and continue dialogue with we visionaries and intellectuals Shocked . They cry 'troll' and attempt to silence us.
Newell was trying to use a report on internet trolling against us the other day. Pity he's not astute enough to read the conclusion......................

Some think regulation is needed, but trolling is not the internet's fault, says Jeff Jarvis, author of Public Parts. "The internet does not create special threats. It's a public square where people will be saying all sorts of things, some of them offensive."

The answer is for newspaper websites and online forums to employ sufficient moderators to prevent the comments spiralling into petty vendettas, he says. To ban online anonymity in order to prevent trolling would be to remove the right of whistleblowers and dissidents to get their message across, he adds.

Manuel agrees. "People are saying nasty, stupid things. So deal with it. Shutting down free speech and stamping on people's civil liberties is not a price worth paying."

In the case of we dissidents to the Parochial Pasoti line, we were Trolls, not because we made offensive comments any more than others but rather they didn't like the message we were sending. The fact that we were and still are mostly correct, does not seem to enter their tiny minds. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:04 am

Oooh this attitude on PASOTI really ticked me off. C0ck measuring of the highest order.

Ended up with an exchange with John Petrie via IM where I pointed out the dozen or so things i'd been doing financially and practically for various funds, the 'go green' initiatives in Brighton and Fans Reunited. Seemingly none are good enough if I don't give money to PRFC 125 by attending their games. The lack of moral recognition was apparently supposed to be put to one side and short of forming a fans trust and attending every game just wasn't "good enough".

Well sorry but in the summer the justificaton given by those choosing to attend was so that the staff could get paid from the proceeds - they patently have NOT been being paid so to me that justifies MY decision not to give to Ridsdale. But no, no manner of good works, no form of moral compass is apparently good enough and the only rightful handmaidens worthy to sit in the court of the uberfans are Trust members and bucket rattlers............not the people who elected them and support them, not the people who put into those buckets, not the people who've been maintaining connections with BHA. JUST the leaders, the 'doers', the rest of us have been doing nothing.

That's such a wanky attitude and i'll have no truck with it. We're supposed to be in this together but I fear in this revolution some have become more equal than others.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:19 am

........and another thing.

These uberfans now positioning themselves as the great all seeing beings who've facilitated salvation were only last month 'wishing and hoping' for BIL to get over the line don't forget. In our darkest hour they were collaborating with and giving tacit approval to the enemy. As one who'd far rather than folded and started again to achive honesty and integrity at Argyle I won't take a lecture from those who were prepared to saddle us with a bleak stagnant future just because, by a twist of fate (and an empty Kevin Heaney bank account), honesty and integrity ends up being achieved by another route.

They can kiss my hoop on that one Evil or Very Mad.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:38 am

Preaching to the converted, you troll!
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

no prizes for guessing who started this! on a personal level when i can get to a game i will go work and finances permitting but argyle are shock horror not the most important thing in my life, i went in to town last sunday with my two young daughters had lunch went round the mall ect and the enjoyment they had from it gave me just as good feeling that i get from argyle the emotions are slightly different but quality family time will always be the winner for me hopefully argyle will always be around but childhood never will so i would rather put them first because that is time i will never get given back to me.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:11 am

seadog wrote:

lol!

Good old Smiffy. It took some time but he has finally seen through our 'leaders'.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:59 pm

seadog wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing ?   What are you doing ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you doing ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-