Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Take the positives, fan base pulled together

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Take the positives, fan base pulled together Empty
PostSubject: Take the positives, fan base pulled together   Take the positives, fan base pulled together EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:56 pm

I feel prouder than ever to be a Plymouth Argyle supporter. The last 2-3 years have been the worse in the history of Plymouth Argyle football club but I feel it has pulled the club together and enabled a sense of community spirit.

When we were a championship club I feel the extent of a fans connection was showing up at 3pm on a saturday and maybe starting a few songs.

However now, the things achieved by Plymouth Argyle fans have been truly remarkable. In my opinion the thing that has pulled the fan base together most was the vigil at Home Park which I feel honoured to have played a part in, to have that level of dedication, that fans braved the cold and the rain 24 hours to show how much they love the football club, was a feat worth mentioning across the globe.

The money raised by supporters (with special mention to the efforts of Sue Pollard) for the staff fund mounted to an incredible sum. The support from the stands has most certainly rubbed off on the players and ex manager, I dont think Chelsea or Man U players would still be playing their best and putting in 100 percent at this stage.

The staff: Well, what can be said, is there another company around with staff as dedicated and hard working as Plymouth Argyle staff are at this moment in time, I think not. Without these people we would not have a football club, they have been treated like dirt and deserve everybody in football's respect.

Carl Fletcher and Romain Larrieu, they have to be two of the most loyal and incredible footballers on the planet. These two men have full dedication to the football club. Romain Larrieu deserved to have a testimonial match at Wembley against Barcelona for his faultless service to the football club, hes battled through cancer, become a dad and most importantly been a true gent. Fletcher is better than league 2, championship standard atleast, he has played and scored in the premier league yet remains fully devoted to the cause and he will make a fantastic manager one day. Both ARE LEGENDS.

Others mentions go out to the GT's and the efforts of Graham Clark and Chris Webb to get to trust functioning connecting the entire fan base to the football club and hopefully the fans will play a crucial part in the future of Plymouth Argyle FC.

When this sorry saga is completed I truly hope this level of devotion remains among fans because the community spirit is what has kept us alive. Men like Guilfoyle, Ridsdale, Heaney, Todd, Gardener have done their very best to destroy us but we are a proud football club and will remain to be one.

ARGYLE TIL I DIE
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Take the positives, fan base pulled together   Take the positives, fan base pulled together EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Good post.

Except that the fan base is more divided than ever before.

So it wasn't a good post.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Take the positives, fan base pulled together   Take the positives, fan base pulled together EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:12 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:

Men like Guilfoyle, Ridsdale, Heaney, Todd, Gardener have done their very best to destroy us but we are a proud football club and will remain to be one.

You forgot to mention the individual who is ultimately responsible for our demise and therefore by far the most culpable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take the positives, fan base pulled together   Take the positives, fan base pulled together EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Freathy wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

Men like Guilfoyle, Ridsdale, Heaney, Todd, Gardener have done their very best to destroy us but we are a proud football club and will remain to be one.

You forgot to mention the individual who is ultimately responsible for our demise and therefore by far the most culpable

....and that is? Laughing
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Take the positives, fan base pulled together   Take the positives, fan base pulled together EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

....and that is? Laughing

Sean Evers..................wanchor clown.

I would have agreed with your opening post Cobi were it not for the notion of 'uber fan' that's swept over a few posters on Pasoti in the last few days. According to them unless you're part of the trust forming, PASOTI fund running, every game attending, Vigil 'sell-outs' "you simply 'weren't there man'.

Well f**k that revisionist shit, up until a week ago they were "wishing BIL over the line". Up until a week ago they were propping up a parasitic regime and trying to assist it's coronation. OTHERS supported their new king from the very off, others didn't ONCE fund Ridsdales inflated 'holiday' salary, others didn't ONCE give a seconds approval to AFC Heaney/Ridsdale.

The seeds have been sewn for a massive crop revisionist bollox from certain individuals whereby boycotters are demonised and moral objectors are cast in the 'white feather' role, to be spat at in the street simply for having the courage to stand by their principles and not support a crooked regime.

We all did what we felt to be right, we'll only unite again though if the self appointed 'uber fans' don't try and put themselves on a wholly underserving pedestal. Presently they've been placing ladders and will ascend before long, no doubt to a chorus of self applause. History is written by the victors but they backed a number of horses during the process and I suspect that fact will be conveniently forgotten before long.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take the positives, fan base pulled together   Take the positives, fan base pulled together EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Good post.

Except that the fan base is more divided than ever before.

So it wasn't a good post.

lol! lol!
Perfectly put.
Still, I guess Cobi's opinons show us just how far the cabal and the fanfesters have left the planet. In the exhuberance of their plaintive buckets and social melees, they just don't understand the mood of the fans outside the castle walls. It's all a bit star-crossed lovers.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Take the positives, fan base pulled together   Take the positives, fan base pulled together EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:

Others mentions go out to the GT's and the efforts of Graham Clark and Chris Webb to get to trust functioning connecting the entire fan base to the football club and hopefully the fans will play a crucial part in the future of Plymouth Argyle FC.

ARGYLE TIL I DIE

You actually mean pasoti members cobi.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Take the positives, fan base pulled together   Take the positives, fan base pulled together EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Oh boy...

Cobi... You haven't woken up, and you haven't smelled the coffee!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Take the positives, fan base pulled together   Take the positives, fan base pulled together EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Rickler wrote:

Oh boy...

Cobi... You haven't woken up, and you haven't smelled the coffee!

It's the naivety of yoof
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take the positives, fan base pulled together   Take the positives, fan base pulled together Empty

Back to top Go down

Take the positives, fan base pulled together
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: