Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Fans Re-United Empty
PostSubject: Fans Re-United   Fans Re-United EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts like this make me feel a little bit sick inside, to be honest.

Instead of organising protests, Ridsdale out, no more deferrals etc, we're meant to 'support the lads 100%'. It'll be embarrassing when even this doesn't happen and Brighton fans will be wondering what the point of them travelling down was. I see it is Sue Pollard who reverts to type, what type of electorate would ever have voted her in given the choice? Mrs Bucket.

As for the Brighton fans, poor buggers. Come down and support our cause...except there is no cause - but Ridsdale would love your ticket money regardless as some of the locals aren't turning up for some reason.

(and also, having seen them twice this season I can tell you now it doesn't matter what type of support they receive, they're still shit.)
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Fans Re-United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans Re-United   Fans Re-United EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:47 am

Best not to read that sort of stuff.

The poor deluded souls are hoping for thousands to come streaming down from all over the country to help the mighty Argyle and the hard working gent. Our chambermaid certainly is the most cringeworthy of all.

Come Monday it will be tales of new friends made, and once again, what fickle folk the rest of us are ... no wonder those ever so special people, the jehovas, chose Home Park as their annual venue.
And come Monday, our esteemed representative, Mr Webb, will be back on his mobile rushing around frantically.... oh how I don't like Mondays.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Fans Re-United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans Re-United   Fans Re-United EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:15 am

I think I'll leave saturday to the bucket rattling super fans. Apparently they're turning the pre-match music down so the 'crowd' can be heard Laughing
Back to top Go down

Fans Re-United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans Re-United   Fans Re-United EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:22 am

You just know it will fall flat on its face.

Great support from Brighton fans that should be appreciated though.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Fans Re-United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans Re-United   Fans Re-United EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:01 am

GOB wrote:
You just know it will fall flat on its face.

Great support from Brighton fans that should be appreciated though.

I hope it doesn't but you're right, there a danger it could. If enough people come to our aid it's a very surreal atmosphere though. I went to the original 14 years ago, very odd but in a hugely good way. The impression left was really positive but many things are different for this one.

Brighton were then as they are now, media darlings - we're not, very parrochial, nationally obscure.
Brighton is easy to get to - we're not.
Brighton did it first - we're not first.
Brighton had a clearly identified enemy and were unified in opposition - we're not, we've been fractured and contradictory throughout (see champagne and handshakes at the vigil Embarassed).

I want it to work, i'd love it to work. But that's mainly because I want the Albion fans to have a good day out and come back with a sense of achievement. I worry they'll come back scratching their heads wondering why they bothered. I can just imagine the "at any cost" brigade resenting the presence of 'bleddy furriners' and objecting ferociously to any chants against Ridsdale, their "saviour".

I'm watching closely tonight to see if any our flag appears against Liverpool but looking forward to 'go green' on Friday v Leeds. I actually think the gestures made at Falmer will strike more of a resonant achievement than Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Fans Re-United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans Re-United   Fans Re-United EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:32 pm

I appreciate the Brighton fans' sentiments but it is all utterly meaningless whilst the Argyle Fans Trust continues to suckle upon the teat of Ridsdale.

Gawd, James Brent is sitting in the Demport as well. I would have thought it would be better to keep him away so he doesn't realise the full extent of how shit our club is at the moment. Conveniently organise all the meetings with him at the Guildhall, etc. I do wonder if Newell will vacate his usual spot in the business lounge to be nearer his esteemed leader! Maybe they'll even have a chat - are we ready for the "he's a true gent, lets get behind the club now" comments?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Greenskin

Greenskin

Fans Re-United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans Re-United   Fans Re-United EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I appreciate the Brighton fans' sentiments but it is all utterly meaningless whilst the Argyle Fans Trust continues to suckle upon the teat of Ridsdale.

Gawd, James Brent is sitting in the Demport as well. I would have thought it would be better to keep him away so he doesn't realise the full extent of how shit our club is at the moment. Conveniently organise all the meetings with him at the Guildhall, etc. I do wonder if Newell will vacate his usual spot in the business lounge to be nearer his esteemed leader! Maybe they'll even have a chat - are we ready for the "he's a true gent, lets get behind the club now" comments?

Good publicity stunt from Mr Brent,confirming that he's "caught the bug" and really is a Pilgrim now.In all truth,i never was in favour of directors sitting among the fans,not even when Stapes and the others were doing it when we were burning up the leagues.Leaves you too open to criticism when things aren't going well and your absence among the fans gets noticed.I do hope that people,whose intentions and sincerity i have never doubted,aren't getting too carried away with Mr Brent and his real intentions,it's a situation whereby much egg could be left on many faces,i hope that my cynicism in time leaves the yoke on me.It may be as well to remember that politicians kiss babies-there seems to be a general opinion that it's either Brent or Ridsdale-i have strong doubts about the correctness of that deduction.Very tempted to go on Saturday,though,out of curiosity as much as anything.
Back to top Go down

Fans Re-United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans Re-United   Fans Re-United EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:04 am

I've just heard that the AA are warning of Bank Holday traffic levels tomorrow on th M5 heading South West ............... Christmas Day traffic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fans Re-United Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans Re-United   Fans Re-United Empty

Back to top Go down

Fans Re-United
Page 1 of 1