Flat_Track_Bully
Mock Cuncher
Han Solos Other Ship
Czarcasm
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: We're so good we play two towns at once - Argyle vs. Dagenham AND Redbridge   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:59 am

ROOOOAAAAARRRRRRR

Let's Play Football

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shezza takes his unbeaten run into a vital game for Argyle.

Both teams are in poor form occupying 22nd and 23rd in the current form league table with a massive combined total of 13 points from 16 games although D&R have won 2 of their last 5 away games.

D&R look safe in mid table 6 points from the play offs and 9 points ahead of Argyle who are now in the bottom two. This is the return fixture from a match in August that ranks as the worst I have ever seen. A 0-0 draw where both teams should have been docked points. Mid table must be a delight for D&R supporters who are used to struggling, although with average gates of less than 1,800 the massive budget this gives them should guarantee promotion. How Argyle with gates three times that size can possibly hope to compete is a mystery... jocolor

This is a crucial game where a loss would put huge pressure on next weeks game against the Ghurka Shots.

Other important games today:

Wimbledon vs. The Brewers
Lindsey Purse vs. Accrington
The Mighty Greeks vs. Aldershot

ROOOOOAAAARRRRR

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:06 am

I have a hat like that.

Sensiblegreeny misses his first game today as he's gone to Spain with my Mum. Given that, we'll win 5-0.

There will be loanees everywhere for us today. Hopefully, we'll have a better game than last weekend.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:51 am

Glorious sunny day in the 'Muff. Off the the pub shortly to get properly tanked, to the extent that I'll be able to sit through 90 minutes of pain this avo.

Two awful performances have still yielded 4 points for Jonnie Shez. I'd happily take another horror show and 3 points.

roar

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 am

I agree I don't care how they do it but they must do it.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:15 am

Small ROAR today. Worrying times indeed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:19 pm

PCH to shank tha muthas, RRRRRRRROOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:24 pm

I twatted Brano last night ter gee him up fer the game.

@wrongunatlongon
Dagnum don't stand a chance with @Brano1979 on display tomorrow. that neck's like a badger on fookin crack - makes me wanna BARK #pafc #roar
Retweeted by Mark Bruce Price & Guy Branston

Dagnum and shite Bridge don't stand a chance now.

ROAAAARRRRRR

Argyle 0-1 D&R
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:11 pm

Team: Cole/ Berry, Branston, Charles, Bhas/ PCH, Young, Hourihane, Banton/ Reid, Murray

Subs: Chenoweth, Blanchard, Lowry, Wotton, MLC, Gurreri, Harvey
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:13 pm

No Nelson, even on the bench! Injured? Charles presumably moves to CB and Bhas drops back to LB with new boy Banton taking LW. Young in for Blanchard at CM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:31 pm

From the final whistle of last weeks appalling game and result, Sheridan has said all week that we MUST win this game. If we don't I think we all start to look up at the gods. bom
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:49 pm

I can only get teh Turks game on tut radio today it seems.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:24 pm

You have a PM Han.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:47 pm

You are my hero m8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
You are my hero m8
i can only get torquay as well, help!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Just back from the living room watching the rugger, out of the bottom two on goal difference, Accie continuing their plunge down the table, just one goal would have had us clear, dominated the game by the sound of it, I think we will be alright. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:57 pm

ROOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

wait:

whimper....

That's us down
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:09 pm

Iggy wrote:
Just back from the living room watching the rugger, out of the bottom two on goal difference, Accie continuing their plunge down the table, just one goal would have had us clear, dominated the game by the sound of it, I think we will be alright. jocolor

Dominated? 51% to 49% possession
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:27 pm

The bbc stats say 24% argo and 76% daggers oh and Purse scored for Vale, and our Exeter chums lets us down again by failing to beat the mighty Shots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:31 pm

I didn't notice Daggers hitting our crossbar or post, didn't hear about any goal line clearances by our defenders? Daggers had few chances, a shot on target can hit a defender on the edge of the box at two miles an hour and it still counts as a shot on target, stays don't tell it all.
We are a massive team, too big to be where we are RRRRRRROOOOOOAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Iggy wrote:

and the fact we are out of the bottom two will be the source of celebrations and "look how far we have come" speeches
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:36 pm

"It's great to see how far we have come" we are now out of the bottom two. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:19 pm

the bbc website says daggers had 76% possession, is that for real?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:30 pm

Don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 am

Back after a weekend at home to watch the game. Suffice to say it was dire (the game not the trip it's always good to be in Plymouth). I don't know if the reuslt would have been different if Fletcher was still in charge but if I didn't know we had a new manager I would have said the same man was still in charge.

Of course the new guy needs time to settle his tactics, his first choice team and new players in but it was woeful fare. If as people around be said the previous home game was worse than that is almost beyond comprehension.

Make no mistake the clubs football survival is on a life support machine. Sheridan will have to a miracle worker and hope (again) that there are two worse teams than Argyle.

The atmosphere is sullen amongst the paying punters. I don't know if Brent or his people get out amongst the crowd but I sit with a goodly number of long term season ticket holders who are seriously doubting their sanity and whether they will renew next year. And these are battled hardened long in the tooth die hards who been there done and seen and put up with most other things that have been thrown at them as Argyle fans.

They are also people who have no truck with murals, FV or bland platitutdes from a President or sainted owner. They are in it for the love of it but are heading towards a divorce. It's just footbll to them. Lose that type of fan and no amout of wooing new supporters with flags, family areas or lovely vomitories is going to replace them because they would lose interest too quickly.

Sorry this post isn't so much about the game but a club for all the onward and upwards resurgam rhetoric is on it's last legs. The new going for the playoffs at a minimum or promotion as a goal is survival in the football league by goal difference on the last day of the season if necessary. There is nothing to be very proud about the club at the moment and that is the crying crying shame.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:03 am

I am one of those people Dougie, first season I have missed since my kids were born.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread   A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

A Dagger to the Heart - The Match Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next