+2
Tringreen
Sharkbait
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

The truth will out - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The truth will out   The truth will out - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:06 am

Tringreen wrote:
Mock Cuncher, our Poet Laureate, has blue blood and his very own way of getting his message across.
Hopefully you will learn how to read him. He's a bit like a crafty leg spinner, with many variations of delivery.

I'll try to bare this in mind Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: The truth will out   The truth will out - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:28 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Unfortunately you might be Devon's #1 club for some years to come!
Dya really think so? I agree we're gash and look like being gash for quite a while, but at the same time I think it's a matter of time until Tisdale leaves and Exeter slide back down here to join us. 2/3 years at most.

An yeah, Patterson makes me believe I could still turn pro.

Tisdale will eventually go, I'm not foolish enough to think otherwise. But he is totaly into ECFC at the moment, he is a man on a mission. He's a fully paid up member of the trust, and believes in the trust & the phylosophy & ethics of the club. But better still he believes in his own ability, and I believe he is mapping out his own legacy at ECFC, that legacy being the 1st ever manager of ECFC to get us into the 2nd tier, and he will do that within the next 3 years. He's young, so knows time is on his side, he is not money orientated, he already has a very comfortable lifestyle, & he's happy with what he has. We are now also financially stable, 1st time in our history we have a solid basis in which to build something better, both on and off the pitch. The future is looking bright, certainly brighter than all my 40 + years supporting ECFC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The truth will out   The truth will out - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:40 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Unfortunately you might be Devon's #1 club for some years to come!
Dya really think so? I agree we're gash and look like being gash for quite a while, but at the same time I think it's a matter of time until Tisdale leaves and Exeter slide back down here to join us. 2/3 years at most.

An yeah, Patterson makes me believe I could still turn pro.

I can't see any light for Argyle at the moment so might be more pessimistic than I should. We don't really have any positives going into the next season and the not knowing what's going on is affecting the club as a whole.

Exeter appear to be well run, have a decent side and seem to be on the up. The loss of Harley might affect them, but I think they got £300k so should be able to re-invest some of that. Tisdale is a good manager and Exeter improve year on year (like we did once No ). He doesn't appear to be wanting to move- perhaps another mid-table position might push him to think that he's taken Exeter as far as he's able and want to move? If Exeter do improve again next season they will be in the playoffs.

The loss of Harley will merely mean Tisdale will play a different system & formation next season. We have already signed a Spaniard in Bauza, ooooh look at ECFC becoming all continental Very Happy and apparantly free agents are now calling us wanting to join the ECFC bandwagon Shocked I'll let Tis know, not to return Patterson's call Laughing We got no transfer fee for Harley, he was a free agent, however we did manage to get him back on loan for remainder of the season, which helped to push us on upwards, which in turn should prompt better players to join us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The truth will out   The truth will out - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:42 am

He'll be gone soon then ................................

Let's face it, City could not sustain Championship football. We couldn't without money in the boardroom and our fanbase/potential has always been at least twice yours.
He will come to his senses and move on before too long. The temptation will be too great.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The truth will out   The truth will out - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Tringreen wrote:
He'll be gone soon then ................................

Let's face it, City could not sustain Championship football. We couldn't without money in the boardroom and our fanbase/potential has always been at least twice yours.
He will come to his senses and move on before too long. The temptation will be too great.

Laughing

If we were to get into the Championship, our current model would have to be revamped that's for sure, but the extra revenue from tv etc will assist our growth, and aid us in becoming a sound league 1 club, perhaps more like a Peterborough, rather than as our previouse history, a dead horse league 2 club Wink

Tis will move on, as I stated before, but not just yet. Tis is a builder (at Team Bath for over 7 years), can you name another club at present who would give him time to build, I certainly can't. Very few clubs have stability at the moment, it's now or never, you just have to look at the current list of managers at clubs, 70+% at their club less than 12 months, but look at the top of that list, and those dozen or so clubs who have stability, have had recent & varying degrees of success. Perhaps other clubs will look at those clubs in future, and adopt a more stable mode? especially as the current economic climate, looks set to continue for a very long time.

Yer be link >>>>>>>>>> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The truth will out   The truth will out - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:20 pm

I wish Argyle were about to adopt the Exeter model, but that won't happen until every last euro of profit can be wrung from the park, and the club goes belly up again.
I don't see why Exeter should change their model just because they ever might get in the CCC. Be what you are, and if that means you can't stay in the CCC long, then sobeit. That sort of if you can't beat 'em join 'em routine is pointless ... be what you are ... how does a Westcountry city like Exeter compete with the likes of Leeds over the years ... it's imposible... just give them the odd stuffing and then back to the sunny South for tea and scones on Cathedral green.
As for Tizzers, he really irritates me on the radio. Just like rather dumb interviewed footballers like to lick their lips to appear articulate, Tidsdale has gone for the big paaaaaaause................................. for thought .... how considered and intelligent is that ? The thinking woman's fool.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 2)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The truth will out   The truth will out - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:01 am

penzancepirate wrote:
I wish Argyle were about to adopt the Exeter model, but that won't happen until every last euro of profit can be wrung from the park, and the club goes belly up again.
I don't see why Exeter should change their model just because they ever might get in the CCC. Be what you are, and if that means you can't stay in the CCC long, then sobeit. That sort of if you can't beat 'em join 'em routine is pointless ... be what you are ... how does a Westcountry city like Exeter compete with the likes of Leeds over the years ... it's imposible... just give them the odd stuffing and then back to the sunny South for tea and scones on Cathedral green.
As for Tizzers, he really irritates me on the radio. Just like rather dumb interviewed footballers like to lick their lips to appear articulate, Tidsdale has gone for the big paaaaaaause................................. for thought .... how considered and intelligent is that ? The thinking woman's fool.

Ha ha ha ! He's 'took' his chance 'fantastic' !
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The truth will out   The truth will out - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:07 pm

penzancepirate wrote:

You could do worse, & looks like you are about to (again) go down that same rocky road. IMO a lot of clubs are going to be in the same situ as you within the next 3 years. We could well find ourselves in the CCC soley due to the fact a number of teams above and around us have gone tits up, & been deducted points, think Bournemouth & Rotherham of 2-3 years ago but on a larger scale. Any club looking to getting finacial stability now, could well be quids in, in the near future.

Maybe change model was the wrong phrase, we would defo have to look at increasing trust membership, and or increasing fee's, but then if we do go up, perhaps more will join because of that, after all we took 30k to Wembley, so add 10% of those at say £50 per annum, gives an extra £150k to the coffers.

Tis is very thoughtful in interview, he thinks about his answers, & doesn't want to come out with the same old cliched bollox. Perhaps the radio interviewees just aren't good enough to ask the right and more in depth questions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The truth will out   The truth will out - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The truth will out
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2