Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What can be done?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:24 pm

You see i wouldnt have an issue with the proposed ice rink, hotel or even the cinema (even though i want the green belt of central park protected firstly before work is started) as it would be nice to have a decent ice rink to use and the potental for ice hockey to start up in Plymouth. Im not against the idea of development on the carpark lord knows plymouth needs some new facilities and create new jobs.

However, I dont like it due to the fact its all coming at the expence of the club and its future prospects.

Brent could have made a statement of intent for the club and it future prospects ie return to the championship and aim for the premiership by releasing plans for the new Mayflower two tier stand taking the capacity to 20000+ with the potential (if needed) to increase it alngside the other three stands.
That would have excited the fans more and his plans would have more support for that reason along rather than being able to watch a new disney film in an overpriced cinema complex, skate bolero or have a kip in holiday inn.

But no he decides to show his true colours and make it 4000-4500 single tier stand making the capacity 17000-17500 with it being very difficult to increase the capacity in the future due to it being built into the hotel/rink and cinema. This is not ambitious its cheap and speaks volumes of James Brent getting away with the bare minimum he can do regarding the stand and putting all his interests and backing into the other ventures.

If fans and we know the name of one and i gather chris webb would have been another involved backed those stand plans then i think it speaks volumes about them as free thinking men than anything they have done in the past.

what can we do to try and get these designs amended before its too late?
is one idea Brent funding a new training ground for the club to use outside Harpers Park and use that as a carpark instead of build a road through a green belt?

Last edited by Angry of Mayfair on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:24 pm

Write to the Trust, they are also the biggest group on the PASB. That will save one letter / email.

Go to the roadshow during the week. Write to the club. Write, email, phone your local councillor.

Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:27 pm

ATD needs to unite and get the trust to make an issue out of this, never mind the yes men over on pasoti.
We really need to dig our heels in over this..i believe it can be done with the right support
Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Write to the Trust, they are also the biggest group on the PASB. That will save one letter / email.

Go to the roadshow during the week. Write to the club. Write, email, phone your local councillor.

well the trust know it now as they read this forum and no doubt pasoti too. I would advise writing to the PASB as no doubt your letters/emails will be saved to flickr for all to see.

If im not down to work ill go to the roadshow and speak and the council are in on it with Tudor evans being a freind to all of the M7.
Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Exactly, its not over yet.

Everything or nothing
Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:47 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
ATD needs to unite and get the trust to make an issue out of this, never mind the yes men over on pasoti.
We really need to dig our heels in over this..i believe it can be done with the right support

I have never favored the idea of ATD having a political agenda as such, I have always seen the site as a free spirited individual opinionated site, maybe now this needs to change.

I agree Punchy, some sort of united front is now required and maybe ATD can be used as a catalyst for such a thing.
Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:58 pm

GOB wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

I have never favored the idea of ATD having a political agenda as such, I have always seen the site as a free spirited individual opinionated site, maybe now this needs to change.

I agree Punchy, some sort of united front is now required and maybe ATD can be used as a catalyst for such a thing.
ATD posters have been right about lots of things fletcher was still being worshipped on the farm when most of us thought he was shite, webb and deepthroat, nool and deepthroat, jones and iddesleighgreen, postcode greenman, this site exposed these tossers ,so brent would do well to take more notice of this site and less of his little gang of yesmen.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:20 pm

GOB wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

The site cannot be political. That'd be weird.

If it's users wish to set up something, then that's up to the users.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:23 pm

Wheres Andy Symons leader of the AFT? this is one of the most, if not the most biggest issue in our recent history, surely badgering brent into an extra 3,000 seats can not be too hard??

We shall not be moved and all that??
Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:30 pm

we could unite as one behind the Trust like we are and back any action taken speak out debate our cause without having to become pasoti mark 2.

After all we dont want club postitons and enternal thanks we just want our club back.
Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:50 pm

I see newell is giving it the old one over on pasoti reference the new stand.... "what did you all do during the war"?

Wanker

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:50 pm

I guess the basic question re the stand is - can the capacity be increased at some point in the future. As usual with all things Brent, I am cynical of his true intent, so I am wondering why is it that he has set a certain capacity for the ground. Question
Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:53 pm

akagreengull wrote:
I guess the basic question re the stand is - can the capacity be increased at some point in the future. As usual with all things Brent, I am cynical of his true intent, so I am wondering why is it that he has set a certain capacity for the ground. Question

it cant due to it being purpose built, you may fit a few more seats but certainlt not enough to satisfy demand.
Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:55 pm

It will never be increased, expanding the stadium is one of the biggest bullshit cliches used to date, usually works on dimwitted, insular, types.
Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:01 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
It will never be increased, expanding the stadium is one of the biggest bullshit cliches used to date, usually works on dimwitted, insular, types.
the only chance to get this right is now! whats needed is a two tier GRANDSTAND to give the ground that wow factor, not some cheap tacky non league style shed.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:04 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

I see newell is giving it the old one over on pasoti reference the new stand.... "what did you all do during the war"?

Wanker

He's so deluded that he can't even see that NOW is the war!. If he and that other muppet Webb hadn't 'unleashed the dogs' we may have been taken over by someone with class, ambition and vision and we wouldn't be in this hideous shitty mess about to be expelled from the FL for being too shit! And maybe we'd be talking about a proper main stand instead of one that looks like it was laughed out of the Plainmoor redevelopment plans!

Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Freathy wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Wanker

He's so deluded that he can't even see that NOW is the war!. If he and that other muppet Webb hadn't 'unleashed the dogs' we may have been taken over by someone with class, ambition and vision and we wouldn't be in this hideous shitty mess about to be expelled from the FL for being too shit! And maybe we'd be talking about a proper main stand instead of one that looks like it was laughed out of the Plainmoor redevelopment plans! agree with all of that freathy, this club could well go out the football league we have not been saved just put on life support for the time being, nool promoted himself to superfan status, then brent made him club jester jocolor

Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:14 pm

pl2 3dq
Quote :
The artist impression of the new grandstand looks pretty good and it won't cost the football club a penny to build.
The key issue is the future and the club financially benefitting from match and non-match day activities. PAFC needs to make money seven days a week and not just from one Saturday every two weeks.
This extra income will enable the club to pay its debts and to attract good players.

Colin Sexstone has experience of hosting concerts when he was chairman at Bristol City so hopefully big name acts will come to Home Park for some summer gigs.
International matches and rugby matches are also an option.

We have to look at the bigger picture and plan ahead; as a football club we have to be sustainable.

if he truly belives this than its clear he was in on the development plans too.. im laughing at this btw
Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm

The whole it won't cost the club a penny to build is bollocks. We no longer own the ground, you wouldn' build an extension in a rented property. As far as I can see there have been 2 big name concerts at Ashton gate, Brian Adams in 2003 and Elton John in 2004. Sextone was there 10 years. Oh and the artist impression does not look 'pretty good' by any measure.
Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 pm

Organise a mass demonstration, but just don't invite too many protesters, the traffic is chock a block nowadays with everyone going ice skating!
Back to top Go down
Dingle

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:28 pm

The traffic is already chock a block without the ice rink, Nandos and the proposed housing development on the airport.
Back to top Go down

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:16 pm

who fancies camping outside the stadium (in the one place the directors/administrators wont see) to protest Wink
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Economic Resistance
Clandestine Press
Intelligence
Sabotage
Guerrilla Warfare
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

What can be done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can be done?   What can be done? Empty

Back to top Go down

What can be done?