akagreengull
VillageGreen
Lord Tisdale
Dane
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Devon Derby  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 am

Dane. wrote:
Plymouth is my home town club. That gives me the right to describe them as " we".

Why support Man Utd then? Plastic tw@t
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:18 am

The Red Star wrote:
Dane. wrote:
Plymouth is my home town club. That gives me the right to describe them as " we".

In my experience I've found it to be very much an intellect thing. Ask a born and bred Plymothian why they support Man United and far more often than not you'll get a semi-literate reply along the lines of...

"Cos theys the fokkin best int they, meht! Argo are fokkin shit int they? Int goin to watch that fokkin shit. Rooneys fokkin class int he? Got me Man U wallpaper for the bheys bedroom int I. It's fokkin mento innit..."

No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:24 am

Are you trying to imply that nobody in Exeter supports a premier league team TRS?

I don't like plastics either and like GOB says the reasons behind supporting another team are strange.

You get the old favourite "My dad always supported them, so I followed suit" and it turns out the father has never set foot in Manchester in his life so was just an original glory hunter.

75% of Scotland support either Rangers or Celtic as well, it's just the way things are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:34 am

Czarcasm wrote:
The Red Star wrote:
Dane. wrote:

In my experience I've found it to be very much an intellect thing. Ask a born and bred Plymothian why they support Man United and far more often than not you'll get a semi-literate reply along the lines of...

"Cos theys the fokkin best int they, meht! Argo are fokkin shit int they? Int goin to watch that fokkin shit. Rooneys fokkin class int he? Got me Man U wallpaper for the bheys bedroom int I. It's fokkin mento innit..."

No

Class and spot on init! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:50 am

Person Of Interest wrote:
Much preferred playing Pompey. At least you got a decent pasting from them.

Amended for factuals.

Interesting that yet another Greeny throws Pompey into "derby" discussion. It's 150+ plus miles away and you have hardly ever played them.

While you would love to consider them rivals they wouldn't even be able to find you on their radar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:53 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Person Of Interest wrote:
Much preferred playing Pompey. At least you got a decent pasting from them.

Amended for factuals.

Interesting that yet another Greeny throws Pompey into "derby" discussion. It's 150+ plus miles away and you have hardly ever played them.

While you would love to consider them rivals they wouldn't even be able to find you on their radar.

Its the naval dockyard derby. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

I guess there will be a big turn out for the games agin Barrow next season then.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

I guess there will be a big turn out for the games agin Barrow next season then.

You think Pompey will drop that far? I thought they'd be relegated to League 2 with a points deduction- falling 2 leagues is a bit of a fokker.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

You think Pompey will drop that far? I thought they'd be relegated to League 2 with a points deduction- falling 2 leagues is a bit of a fokker.

Cling to that hope Ali.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:31 pm

are exeter going up? nahhh

is tisdale going to turn down Brighton if they come knocking? nahhhh
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
are exeter going up? nahhh

is tisdale going to turn down Brighton if they come knocking? nahhhh

A post season double with the chance of a day out at Wemberlee will do us and Tisdale decamping to a place where his dress sense would fit in perfectly would be fine by me, but they ain't that hard up, they will go for a manager with Championship pedigree.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Honest Answer= I grew up in the 90's when they were the glory boys ( still are really )

but unlike alot of others who claim to love them i have travelled up and down this country watching them and europe.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Dane. wrote:
Honest Answer= I grew up in the 90's when they were the glory boys ( still are really )

but unlike alot of others who claim to love them i have travelled up and down this country watching them and europe.

Of Final Countdown fame?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Dane. wrote:

piss off to salford then,if you know where it is
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Dane. wrote:

It's an honest answer but it sticks in my gullet as if I was trying to swallow Rooney's jockstrap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Are you trying to imply that nobody in Exeter supports a premier league team TRS?

I don't like plastics either and like GOB says the reasons behind supporting another team are strange.

You get the old favourite "My dad always supported them, so I followed suit" and it turns out the father has never set foot in Manchester in his life so was just an original glory hunter.

75% of Scotland support either Rangers or Celtic as well, it's just the way things are.

Jock, most people in Exeter support another team first. The thing I cannot is how anybody can say they support 2 clubs. You cannot IMO support 2 Clubs in the same way. Man Utd or argyle, not 2, it just smacks of being a pussy.

Local lad, local club.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devon Derby    Devon Derby  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Devon Derby
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2