Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What now, a plan to move forward.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

What now, a plan to move forward. Empty
PostSubject: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:24 pm

So the general feeling amoungst the fans is that the stand is inadequate, the first thing that I am worried about is that I think the footprint of the replacement stand is smaller than the original, which would account for reduced capacity. The second is that the retail outlets should have given the club the income needed to firstly pay off Brent's debt for acquiring the club and then to take us froward, I now hear that they won't even belong to the club giving us a flying freehold situation in the future if we were to buy the ground back.
The big question is what do we do now? Any answers from the Trust? Are the Trust willing or capable to launch an offensive that will make Brent think?
Maybe a protest at the next home game?
We need to do something and quick, unleash the dogs of war.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:30 pm

They're even saying similar on the farm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:31 pm

could an alliance be on the cards here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:35 pm

I think the AFT's involvement will depend on the context of "offensive" Iggy.

I'm sure the AFT will voice an opinion and possibly even a demonstration of sorts, but I think that the AFT will have to stay within the realms of acceptable behavior so I think it rules out the type of "Newell War" that was held during Administration, if that happens then it'll need to be done at forum levels.

I think you can also forget pasoti if a campaign is to gather momentum, it will be forcibly prevented the minute anyone attempts to get anything off of the ground on there via moved threads, deleted comments and bans imposed on users.

It's going to get interesting, I suggest several trips to stock up on the beer tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

may aswell.

Poster on pasoti created this its nothing yougov petition wise but its a start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Angry of Manchester wrote:
could an alliance be on the cards here?

It's needed but I really cannot see it being permitted on pasoti. - I have a funny feeling that this will end up with ATD's mods being extremely busy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:47 pm

They are now 'fascinated' by what Webb's views will be Rolling Eyes

The same as Newell's you dullards !

These guys 'are' the mysterious fans' representatives that brent speaks of who were consulted.

Rush Goalie wrote:
Biggs wrote:
John Petrie wrote:
Ian, almost all reports coming out of these meetings suggest that the cost of adding a few thousand seats on top of the existing ground would be so prohibitively disproportionate to the benefits of these seats that it would probably not happen. Add to that the need to close the access road to JBs money making schemes and you will not see that happen. The option left would be to knock down the Devonport and rebuild that, again hugely costly compared to getting it right now.

Graham is absolutely bang on here. The fact that the bit of the development to suffer is the football club would be a Rubicon moment for the club and for JB. There will be no turning back from this point. Priorities will have been made clear and we will be left with a stand with less ambition than Wycombe's main stand, not only this but some of the space will be taken up by facilities that do not see the club benefit.

James Brent and the Council need to be told in no uncertain terms that this total lack of ambition for the football club is totally unacceptable. To limit the club to only ever being able to repeat the same old failure cycle is a huge betrayal and one made even keener by this being limited in order to help the owner line his pockets. I know it's hard as you like James but be a man, stand by your principles and your club and tell him like it is. Deep down you know you want to be screaming from the roof tops about this and you know you've got it in you help really make a difference.

What a fantastic post. As well as Ian and Graham's views though, i feel the return of Chris Webb may be crucial in pushing JB for significantly improved plans. Will be very interesting to hear his views

How, as an insider?

The impetus for changing or halting these plans will have to come from outside the club management/ownership -i.e the Trust and the Council (which, remember, owns the ground).

Yes, but Chris is an ideal position to push James, in addition to outside pressure. Call me naive, but I cannot see JB committing to these plans without Chris' approval, though other factors are crucially important as you say.

At the very least, it will be fascinating to hear his views.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:51 pm

I had a chuckle when I read that, either he is "in" the junta, out of touch or just plain stupid.

I have a feeling that all the dirty tricks of the past will be unleashed at one time on pasoti.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Chris Webb will love it of course why would it be fascinating? He wouldnt dare speak against his master as he knows he would be cast out and after his actions towards the trust they wont have him back nor will fans rally around him again to fight this stand plans so he will love it fully and we should get behind the boys on saturday and look how far we've come.

Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:13 pm

It is now that we need to unite
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Dane. wrote:
It is now that we need to unite

Against brent's plans and his arse licking , self promoting dimwits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:19 pm

the fanbase should be united fully stop.

nb (not

<<< that united incase any iddlesleigh folk are reading this)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:24 pm

I think first that we need to agree on what we are unhappy about and want changing. I would suggest that the size of the grandstand needs to be increased to at least what it was before. The other huge issue to me is the fact that all the stand and the retail units inside it should belong to the club. If the footprint of the new stand is smaller than before then this needs addressing and negotiating.
As other posters have said the Trust will obviously be vocal, if they are and make the right noises more fans will join them and that will help but in the meantime we the fans need to let Brent and co know how we feel and we do that at the matches. Let's drown FV out or better still infiltrate it. Suspect
Now do you remember what I did in the war fuckwit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Iggy wrote:
I think first that we need to agree on what we are unhappy about and want changing. I would suggest that the size of the grandstand needs to be increased to at least what it was before. The other huge issue to me is the fact that all the stand and the retail units inside it should belong to the club. If the footprint of the new stand is smaller than before then this needs addressing and negotiating.
As other posters have said the Trust will obviously be vocal, if they are and make the right noises more fans will join them and that will help but in the meantime we the fans need to let Brent and co know how we feel and we do that at the matches. Let's drown FV out or better still infiltrate it. Suspect
Now do you remember what I did in the war fuckwit?

This!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:22 am

We want a slogan,
"this club is ours".
Hands off our stand.
Something simple that everybody could sing. We could follow it up with a picket line and boycott a game, I am sure Webby could tell us how to organise it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:55 am

Iggy wrote:
We want a slogan,
"this club is ours".
Hands off our stand.
Something simple that everybody could sing. We could follow it up with a picket line and boycott a game, I am sure Webby could tell us how to organise it?

Newell is a wanker he wears a wankers hat, he loves Brent's new grandstand even though it looks like tat.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:31 am

The plan should be to first drive brent out of our club. Then with the spectre of that hideous 'stand' no longer hanging over us we should do everything we can to prevent him building his wider HHP development. However, I'm reasonably comfortable the HHP development will never happen anyway due to the sheer amount of opposition that the plans are bound to generate. First and foremost it should be BRENT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:05 am

Freathy wrote:
The plan should be to first drive brent out of our club. Then with the spectre of that hideous 'stand' no longer hanging over us we should do everything we can to prevent him building his wider HHP development. However, I'm reasonably comfortable the HHP development will never happen anyway due to the sheer amount of opposition that the plans are bound to generate. First and foremost it should be BRENT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!

Brent out.
Brent out.
Brent out.

Oh and yeah pasoti mods are deleting posts that mention Brent leaving. Wankers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What now, a plan to move forward.   What now, a plan to move forward. Empty

Back to top Go down

What now, a plan to move forward.
Page 1 of 1