Tringreen
Dane
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

Please don't kick me  Empty
PostSubject: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:06 am

Attendance 37k for a friendly ? Sleeping Giant or what ! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:11 am

Nah. Brent has made us ultra shit so according to the brent lovers we must remain small time and shit for evermore. And be thankful to their lord and master.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:14 am

If memory serves, they did get reported and were banned from touring. Argyle for their money back in the end.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Attendance 37k for a friendly ? Sleeping Giant or what ! Rolling Eyes

Bunch of Janners getting mugged off ?

Nothing changes do her.

40 years Tring, move on.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:30 pm

What a pretty special bit of history to have though, eh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:37 pm

But Exeter played Brazil 100 years ago! And the clothes and hairstyles in Exeter haven't changed.

The week before Santos played Argyle in front of 37k they played Fulham in front of 11k, and even the 11k is a figure far beyond Lord Tisdales wildest dreams, hence his obsession with the new grandstand being planned. To him the latest plans are a dream come true, just without the baby oil covered Dale Winton in it, yet to us they're not good enough. Says it all really.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Greenjock wrote:
yet to us they're not good enough.

I can tell you one thing that is just not good enough, your team.

We played their national team in their first ever recognised international fixture, you paid for a travelling circus to turn up and mug you off and need I really point out that ECFC has played a competitive fixture in front of the kind of crowd youse mugs can only dream about.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:20 pm

WOW one fixture ? we were in the championship for 8 years of our recent history mixing it up with ex and future premiership teams/players week in week out

come back when your anything more than history's after thought
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
yet to us they're not good enough.

I can tell you one thing that is just not good enough, your team.

We played their national team in their first ever recognised international fixture, you paid for a travelling circus to turn up and mug you off and need I really point out that ECFC has played a competitive fixture in front of the kind of crowd youse mugs can only dream about.

You could point it out but I can't see what argument it would support.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Dane. wrote:
come back when your anything more than history's after thought

Big talk for the boys who are only above Accrington Stanley on goal difference, always makes me cringe when our own Aviva Boys sing "have you ever played Brazil" to opposition fans who have no clue what they are on about or who could care less. It is a significant piece of interesting history for a club that has little else of note in it's book, difference is most of us know and understand our limited history, we have few if any pretentions, unlike some I could mention.

The Santos game simply serves to show up the paucity of any real history within PAFC, a cup semi fiinal is a fair shout, but we only missed one by a whisker, a few seasons in the second division but never a threat of anything higher, it's something but not much for a city of your size.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Granted a city our size should have had a top flight team, however i don't blame you for enjoying this spell,

But even you must know that this down turn in fortunes will only be a temporary one. You will soon be a spec on the horizon in our rear view mirror again.

If Argyle is a tin pot club, then Exeter must be a complete cesspit of a club. I never used to get involved with the whole argyle/exeter rival thing... until i saw the behavour of your fans at the JTP game a few seasons ago, like caged animals..... cringe worthy to say the least.

neanderthal's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:27 pm

Lord Tisdale let's his true colours show on occasions and his bitterness and jealousy towards Argyle is there for all to see Very Happy

A hundred years ago the Titanic sunk LT but things have moved on since then, except for your shit ground which still looks like a Victorian cow shed.

You won't ever make it to an F.A. Cup semi-final, or to the second tier of English football because hardly anyone in Exeter is bothered about your poxy club. Argyle are in the middle of it's worst ever run and still attract double your crowd and we're in the same division. So during the best period of your history and the worst in ours you are still in the same league as us!

You know that in the not too distant future we will be passing you by again and heading in the other direction, and that's why you're so interested in having your five minutes of glory at our expense Very Happy

You frequent ATD because you want to get your digs in while you can. I don't blame you really but you are now appearing like a bit of a saddo to be honest. Still it's nice to have an alternative point of view, even if it's total bollocks.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Argyle are in the middle of it's worst ever run and still attract double your crowd

Basic arithmetic not your strong suit either then Jocky Boy, still you will be a little closer to being right after your cup final this coming Saturday, by far your biggest crowd of the season many of whom will without doubt only be there for the City.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Enjoy it while you can
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:54 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Argyle are in the middle of it's worst ever run and still attract double your crowd

Basic arithmetic not your strong suit either then Jocky Boy, still you will be a little closer to being right after your cup final this coming Saturday, by far your biggest crowd of the season many of whom will without doubt only be there for the City.

At the least the stand we stick you in will have basic amenities

More than one bog
A decent view of the pitch
A roof
Unlikely to collapse

It's the little things Tizzers! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:00 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
At the least the stand we stick you in will have basic amenities

More than one bog
A decent view of the pitch
A roof
Unlikely to collapse

It's the little things Tizzers! lol!

What are you, a football fan or feckin estate agent ?
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:41 am

Dane. wrote:
Granted a city our size should have had a top flight team.

City of what size? You haven't fallen for the "14th biggest city malarkey" Pengelly spouted at the time of the HP deal, have you? The fact that she may have been trying to cover her backside when Brent mugged her off, 6 months after she voted against PCC buying back the stadium, might go some way to explain why she was so keen to make the deal sound sweet to the good taxpayers of Plymouth.

Forget arbitrary statistics dreamt up on the back of lines on a map pencilled in by a few DOE civil servants. In any case, the criteria used for defining the boundaries of a city aren't standardised, so the "14th biggest city" canard is doubly meaningless.

The important figure is the size of the Urban Area. That 's the figure used by economists, National Government and anybody else who's interested in a sensible measure of the size of a city. By that measure Plymouth is 39th - and even then is only marginally bigger than the next ten or so settlements on the list. In fact some foreign authorities use the size of a city's Metropolitan Area as a guide, which would make Plymouth even smaller by comparison.

How anyone who has explored any genuinely large city in the UK can claim that Plymouth is some kind of big metropolis is a complete mystery to me. If you use the criteria Pengelly et al seem to be using, then Plymouth would be two-thirds the size of Bristol and half the size of Manchester, which is beyond ludicrous.

Unless you stop telling yourselves comforting myths, you'll never be able to plan for the future sensibly.

Last edited by jabba the gut ecfc on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:14 am

Tringreen wrote:
Attendance 37k for a friendly ?...

A friendly against possibly the most iconic team in history, from the most glamorous footballing nation in the world, which featured three or four of it's greatest ever players, including a man who at the time was generally regarded as the greatest player who ever lived. In those circumstances Plainmoor would have had 37k if they could have found room for them all.

Quote :
...Sleeping Giant or what ! Rolling Eyes

Plymouth Argyle average attendance 1972-73...

...9'057.

28'000 giant sleeping plastics, more like.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 8:10 am

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

A friendly against possibly the most iconic team in history, from the most glamorous footballing nation in the world, which featured three or four of it's greatest ever players, including a man who at the time was generally regarded as the greatest player who ever lived. In those circumstances Plainmoor would have had 37k if they could have found room for them all.

Quote :

...9'057.

And how many of your plastics went to Old Trafford in 2005, but weren't so keen on watching your 6th place Conference season?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 am

Greenjock wrote:
jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Quote :

...9'057.

And how many of your plastics went to Old Trafford in 2005, but weren't so keen on watching your 6th place Conference season?

So we can add logic and banter to arithmetic as not your strong suits then.

Your premise suggests some 50% of our support is plastic whereas by comparison 75% of your's deserves that accolade, you sure that makes the point you wanted to ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:19 am

Historically, before the other clubs achieved top flight status and cemented their 20k fanbases, our attendance figures were on a par with the likes of Norwich, Ipswich, Southampton.................. and double that of ECFC.

Our first season back in the Championship saw gates of circa 17k, larger than corresponding results for Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol City, Reading etc.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:20 am

Yes but don't let facts get in the way of the brent lovers' arguments
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Freathy wrote:

Facts are good.

Argyle are only above Accrington Stanley on goal difference. "whoop"

The only thing Argyle have ever won which Exeter City haven't ids the Third Division title a couple of times. "double whoop"

Argyle are the biggest City in England never to have had a top level team. "guffaw".

Argyle are the biggest under achievers in football. "snigger".

Argyle's new stand will have the smallest upper tier in football. "double snigger".

Argyle fans always start a conversation with the word "if" as in "if we hadn't always been so shiite we could have been a big club".
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Facts are good.

Argyle are only above Accrington Stanley on goal difference. "whoop"

The only thing Argyle have ever won which Exeter City haven't ids the Third Division title a couple of times. "double whoop"

Argyle are the biggest City in England never to have had a top level team. "guffaw".

Argyle are the biggest under achievers in football. "snigger".

Argyle's new stand will have the smallest upper tier in football. "double snigger".

Argyle fans always start a conversation with the word "if" as in "if we hadn't always been so shiite we could have been a big club".

Good to see you softening your stance a tad, Tis Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please don't kick me    Please don't kick me  Empty

Back to top Go down

Please don't kick me
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next