Pcc

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Pcc   Pcc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 am

I think a campaign to call on the Pcc to refuse planning would be the best form of attack, if they knew how un happy fans were about the development they would surely have to listen. ?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pcc   Pcc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 9:45 am

No they won't because if they do then the pavilions won't get sorted.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pcc   Pcc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 9:45 am

Any development would need planning permission and if there enough objection to it they can't legally grant it.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pcc   Pcc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 9:50 am

Exactly. Surely the Central Park development needs to be looked at on its own merits and not linke to pavilions.
Back to top Go down

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pcc   Pcc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 9:50 am

What an idiotic thread.

Quote :
Dear the Pcc

I dunt want nuffink built in central parks please.

Luv Dean
Back to top Go down

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pcc   Pcc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 9:51 am

I would wait and see for a little while yet. I have the feeling that there is another set of plans being held back which will be more to the fans liking, and that Brent has just been testing the waters.

I see that Brent has agreed to a Pasoti Q and A session, he's soooo open and transparent and in to fan engagement, and this might be where he unveils the new super duper plans, still not brilliant but with a 20k capacity. If that isn't the case then it will be time to start lobbying the council.

The problem is money talks and the council might find it difficult to refuse Brent. Who knows what kind of deals have and are being made privately? Brent could well have other developments in mind that the council are happy with and won't want to rock the boat by blocking this one.

I still await Christ Webb's take on all of this. It may all be a PR stunt and Christ returns from Africa and strenuously argues the fans case with Brent who surrenders and decides to make everyone happy.

Huzzah cheers
Back to top Go down

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pcc   Pcc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 9:58 am

And none of those questions will be edited/changed atall Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pcc   Pcc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:01 am

A few years ago when holloway was appointed I sat in a q and a, held at the devonport end. It was free to get in and no questions were vetted or edited prior to the session. This is the type of event that's needed now, with Brent an council leaders present.
Back to top Go down

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pcc   Pcc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:11 am

Dane. wrote:
I think a campaign to call on the Pcc to refuse planning would be the best form of attack, if they knew how un happy fans were about the development they would surely have to listen. ?

That's exactly the way to prevent it and the thing that Brent fears the most.

Greenjock wrote:
I would wait and see for a little while yet. I have the feeling that there is another set of plans being held back which will be more to the fans liking, and that Brent has just been testing the waters.

I see that Brent has agreed to a Pasoti Q and A session, he's soooo open and transparent and in to fan engagement, and this might be where he unveils the new super duper plans, still not brilliant but with a 20k capacity. If that isn't the case then it will be time to start lobbying the council.

The problem is money talks and the council might find it difficult to refuse Brent. Who knows what kind of deals have and are being made privately? Brent could well have other developments in mind that the council are happy with and won't want to rock the boat by blocking this one.

I still await Christ Webb's take on all of this. It may all be a PR stunt and Christ returns from Africa and strenuously argues the fans case with Brent who surrenders and decides to make everyone happy.

Huzzah cheers

I also agree with that Jock but I also think that there maybe a longer term plan to oust Argyle from Central Park so that a further land grab can be achieved.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pcc   Pcc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:19 am

Brent needs to meet the fans half way here. Give us a stadium to be proud of, and do what you like with your retail units
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pcc   Pcc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:32 am

Yea Man wrote:
And none of those questions will be edited/changed atall Laughing

Surely not!

Original Q:
Brent, this stand demonstrates a monumental lack of ambition for the club in the longer term and is woefully inadequate for a club with Argyle's huge potential and for a city the size of Plymouth. Stand capacity should be 8k as an absolute minimum.

After pasoti editing:
Oh Lord our saviour brent, we love your plans for the stand. Even god himself couldn't have designed a better stand. Under your guidance we are ecstatic to remain patient for a return to league football in about 35-40 years so your stand capacity is a calculation of pure genius. Please let us work for nothing to help you build your stand.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pcc   Pcc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:33 am

The one trump card that is held by the Council is that if they really have the balls the play hardball with Brent, then he simply will have to give ground. He won't have any choice. If he refuses, then it will be the end of any multi-million pound profits that he'll stand to make.

From the stance he took over taking us on in the first place, we all know that he is as shrewd as a shrewdthing, who went to shrewdschool and came away with a Masters in shrewdity. He'll bluff and threaten to call time on the whole thing - no doubt about it. It's up to the Council to call his bluff to get the very best deal regarding the new Stand.
Back to top Go down

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pcc   Pcc EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:46 am

Having now seen how the guy likes to do business and associates with I think that PCC should be launching any business deal with the guy into orbit anyway. As a PCC Council Tax payer I would sooner deal with Arthur Daily!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pcc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pcc   Pcc Empty

Back to top Go down

Pcc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: