Go down 
+2
Han Solos Other Ship
Tgwu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth Empty
PostSubject: Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth   Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:07 am

Former boss Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth Argyle management team

FORMER manager Neil Warnock has thrown his weight behind current Plymouth Argyle boss John Sheridan.
Cornwall-based Warnock has already had talks with Pilgrims owner James Brent and Sheridan offering to help them 'bring success to Argyle again'.

1. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Warnock, who will be signing copies of his new book on football management – The Gaffer – in the city tomorrow, told Herald Sport: "I keep in touch with both James and John and have told them, 'If I can do anything to help Argyle, then I will do'.

"Like them, I want Argyle to be successful again and believe they will be," added the Sheffield-born former QPR, Crystal Palace and Leeds United chief.

Warnock, who was a promotion-winning gaffer between 1995-97 with Argyle, says the book deals with 'transfer dealings, pre-match team talks, training sessions and away games'.
Always forthright, Warnock, who will sign copies of his book at the WH Smith in New George Street (10.30am), said Argyle fans in particular will relate to his 'no-holds barred, lifting the lid' look at what goes on behind closed doors.
Especially, said Warnock, 'what it's like to manage a football club which goes into administration'.
"I'm sure Argyle fans and football supporters everywhere will know where I'm coming from on a lot of the issues in the book," said Warnock."It definitely comes under the no-holds barred category and I think it will surprise and, hopefully, entertain and enlighten fans.

"I started writing the book when I was at Palace and we were in administration in the Championship.
"Argyle fans won't need reminding what that period in a club's history is like, given they've only just come through it themselves.

"Fortunately, I managed to hold on to our star players at Palace and I like to think that has helped them reach the Premier League."After he has a book-signing double lined up in Truro tomorrow (1.30pm), Warnock said he is just going to chill out and enjoy life in his adopted county.

"I know how strong the links are between Plymouth and Cornish fans when it comes to supporting Argyle," said Warnock. "It was important to me to come to Plymouth and then Truro to meet fans and sign my book. After which I shall be doing not a lot and enjoying living quietly with my family in Cornwall."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth   Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:45 am

"I want my book to sell so I will say nice things about Argo"
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth   Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:59 am

I have met Neil on a number of occasions, at times when he had much bigger fish to fry than Argyle. Even then he always showed a genuine affection for the Club and the fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth   Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:30 am

Id agree with that Damon, I have met him several times, he lives not too far from me and I see him out and about occasionally and he will always stop and shake my hand and have a chat and we talk as Argyle fans, simple as that, he is an Argyle fan.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth   Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Look, he's not from this part of the world, he doesn't live in Plymouth, he's not a janner, he probably doesn't love Central Park, his parents certainly weren't involved in anything to do with the Park, therefore he's not allowed to have an opinion, or be involved in this wonderful club.

I love my club and my City. Anyone who says any different is a vile excuse for a human being.

pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth   Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:05 pm

This isnt news really is it? he was harking on about wanting to help the club since he got fired by Leeds. Brent has already said no to any job for him so i cant see why this story is again making the rounds.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth   Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Also I don't recall him lending us promising young players when we were in the shit?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth   Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 4:16 pm

WERE in the shit, we still are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth   Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:48 pm

No good bringing success back to this club as all the fans won't be able to get in
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth   Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:41 am

two very true comments
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth   Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth Empty

Back to top Go down

Neil Warnock keen to help Plymouth
Page 1 of 1