GreenWhiteBlack
Flat_Track_Bully
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:58 pm

I see from GoS that if you exclude the 'not needed' Chadwick and 16yo Ryan Lane we have a squad of 21 players.

Of those LeCointe is out for the season. Purrington hasn't made a first-team appearance, Richards, Vassell and Harvey are also very inexperienced (3 starts in pro football between them).

Branston and Gurreri are injured, not sure when they are back. Wotton now has a broken rib apparently so will presumably be out for a while.

Blanchard will be back from suspension soon (in time for Brum)? Nevertheless given the poor performance yesterday there isn't a lot that Sheridan can do in terms changing personnel unless more players are bought in. The fact that the oldest of the outfield players on the bench yesterday was 20 tells you we are running a very shallow squad this season. Worrying for the rest of the season given how poor we performed yesterday. Is there any hints that many loans or new signings are being looked at?

I would imagine, apart from maybe Jake Cole coming in goal, there won't be much change in personnel for the league cup match simply because we don't have a lot of players that can be bought in. Doesn't bode well...
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:33 pm

We have a mixed squad flat track, free transfer low wage gratefuls and young lads! still i think we can scrape through another relegation battle with a bit of luck.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:36 pm

We dont have a bench, we had no one on there yesterday that could come on and take the game by the scruff of the neck and change it. Worrying.
Back to top Go down

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:43 pm

I think we need a right back a central defender a midfield replacement for the dire hourihane, and a goal scorer, to get those players requires investment and ambition, so we will have to wait to see who the next owner is.
Back to top Go down

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
We have a mixed squad flat track, free transfer low wage gratefuls and young lads! still i think we can scrape through another relegation battle with a bit of luck.

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
I think we need a right back a central defender a midfield replacement for the dire hourihane, and a goal scorer, to get those players requires investment and ambition, so we will have to wait to see who the next owner is.

There is probably a tree nearby to your house. Buy a rope. Jesus.

Utterly stupid.

I'm looking forward to the season. We lost away 0-1. Big deal. We are miles better than last year.

I think deleting my account might be a good idea - this forum is depressing as feck. Full of nay sayers, miscreants and people who revel in failure. We TOLD YOU SO. Boring, dull, a d clueless.
Back to top Go down

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:24 pm

hairy j wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Utterly stupid.

I'm looking forward to the season. We lost away 0-1. Big deal. We are miles better than last year.

I think deleting my account might be a good idea - this forum is depressing as feck. Full of nay sayers, miscreants and people who revel in failure. We TOLD YOU SO. Boring, dull, a d clueless.

Are you capable of replying to anything without insulting people?? seriously
Back to top Go down

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Nope. F u c k y o u b a c k w a r d s h o p e y o u h a v e a v e r y s a d l I f e - y o u a r e d o I n g w e l l s o f a r - c a r r y o n
Back to top Go down

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:31 pm

HES GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:00 pm

It's not numbers, it's quality that counts.

At present, we have too many players who are too young and inexperienced to be thrown into the first team and too many "senior" players who are frankly, living on past glories.

We don't need two players for every position, we just need 6 or seven players on the bench who can come in a do a job for a few games to cover an injured first teamer.

We certainly don't need two goalkeepers who are "on a par" One of the keepers should be moved on to free up funds for a useful utility player.
Back to top Go down
swampy

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:38 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Utterly stupid.

Are you capable of replying to anything without insulting people?? seriously
Seriously though for 2 years people like you have said no worries it will be better this season. The points about the threadbare state of the squad are correct aren't they? Is the squad really miles better than last season, how do you work that out? I'm afraid it's the likes of you with your blind faith in JB who might well be let down again as you witness another dire season near the foot of the table. I also find it pretty depressing reading this site sometimes with the same old doom and gloom being spouted again and again but whether you choose to ignore it or not so many of the doom and gloom posters have been proved right time and time again in the past four or five seasons. You keep your head buried in the sand by all means, it's your choice.
Back to top Go down

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 5:19 pm

It didn't matter in the end....but why did we have one short of our seven subs ?
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 6:50 pm

ZYPH wrote:
It didn't matter in the end....but why did we have one short of our seven subs ?

Ryan Lane was the 7th sub, but for some reason the media didn't report him as being on the subs bench, perhaps because he doesn't have a squad number?

The reason Lane was on the subs bench was that (barring Chadwick) we didn't have a first team player available to be the 7th sub.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:59 pm

In case you have all forgotten we are playing the mighty Fleetwood on Saturday best we reserve jugement until the final whistle blows because either way it will give us a better idea of the strength of the squad. If we play like the way we did against the shrimpers then quite frankly we will need to pray that there really are two other teams more crap than us.
Back to top Go down

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:09 pm

akagreengull wrote:
In case you have all forgotten we are playing the mighty Fleetwood on Saturday best we reserve jugement until the final whistle blows because either way it will give us a better idea of the strength of the squad. If we play like the way we did against the shrimpers then quite frankly we will need to pray that there really are two other teams more crap than us.

Fleetwood squad is far stronger then last seasons offering...wrong result against Birmingham, low morale sets in, we could be looking at another relegation season, 
Brent Out
Back to top Go down

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Grovehill wrote:
It's not numbers, it's quality that counts.

At present, we have too many players who are too young and inexperienced to be thrown into the first team and too many "senior" players who are frankly, living on past glories.

We don't need two players for every position, we just need 6 or seven players on the bench who can come in a do a job for a few games to cover an injured first teamer.

We certainly don't need two goalkeepers who are "on a par" One of the keepers should be moved on to free up funds for a useful utility player.

So you're saying size doesn't matter ? that's what i keep telling her indoors !!!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:58 am

I have a feeling a few re-enforcements are imminent.

we will struggle if we don't.

bet pompey fans gone into meltdown chinned 4-1 by oxford !
Back to top Go down

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:18 am

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

Ryan Lane was the 7th sub, but for some reason the media didn't report him as being on the subs bench, perhaps because he doesn't have a squad number?

The reason Lane was on the subs bench was that (barring Chadwick) we didn't have a first team player available to be the 7th sub.

Cheers for pointing that out FTB......he surely must have been given one if he was officially on the bench.......but PAFC's official site is so crappy it is hardly worth using....certainly has not been updated for us fans to be informed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Squad depth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squad depth   Squad depth Empty

Back to top Go down

Squad depth
Page 1 of 1