HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FC United of Manchester

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

FC United of Manchester  Empty
PostSubject: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:30 pm

This was a break away club that a group of fans set up who wernt happy with the Glazer family buying Man united

They have just been given permission to build there own all seater stadium, and are climbing the leagues.

How do-able will it be to set up a break away argyle club, run it in a way which will slowly attract more and more local fans

Id certainly be up for being involved in the set up of such a club.

The club doesnt have to go bust, to have a fans break away club formed,

There is alot of dis satisfaction about how argyle are being run. So rather then just talk the talk lets walk the walk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:36 pm

I doubt it'd ever get off the ground.

A high proportion of our fanbase are exiles and I imagine if anything they'd simply switch allegiance to another already established club.

It'd also be completely hounded out by the vermin that currently infest the club as it is now.

Plus we'd need a decent manager and you don't have a very good record lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Dane. wrote:
This was a break away club that a group of fans set up who wernt happy with the Glazer family buying Man united

They have just been given permission to build there own all seater stadium, and are climbing the leagues.

How do-able will it be to set up a break away argyle club, run it in a way which will slowly attract more and more local fans

Id certainly be up for being involved in the set up of such a club.

The club doesnt have to go bust, to have a fans break away club formed,

There is alot of dis satisfaction about how argyle are being run. So rather then just talk the talk lets walk the walk
 A mate and a colleague of mine played for them pretty regularly when FCUOM was in its early days,playing at Burys ground
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:39 pm

im not saying id manage, ( even tho my record is better than most on here ) but i certainly have enough contacts to get it off the ground, but to get the club going up through the leagues it would need a home ground and money,

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Dane. wrote:
im not saying id manage, ( even tho my record is better than most on here ) but i certainly have enough contacts to get it off the ground, but to get the club going up through the leagues it would need a home ground and money,

Relax, I was joking with the comment about your management ability, hence the LOL.

Although my record at Football Manager means I must qualify as a leading candidate too.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 7:11 pm

What is needed is a community football club owned and democratically run by its members. Its corporate structure being to the Community Benefit Society and membership would be open to all, with everyone an equal co-owner, holding one voting share in the club.

It Would seek to change the way that football is owned and run, putting supporters at the heart of everything. It aims to show, by example, how this can work in practice by creating a sustainable, successful, fan-owned, democratic football club that creates real and lasting benefits to its members and local communities.

Many football club developments place their clubs in debt or place the club in the hands of major investors. With support we can show a better way.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Having an owner who is running the club badly isn't cause for starting a whole new club. Every club in England would have started a new club at some point in that case.

We were here before Brent, we'll be here after.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 7:16 pm

There has never been this much un rest within the fan base!

Im up for looking at this if others are interested
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 8:42 pm

Right Own up

Who has stolen my idea - just been tweeted this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:57 am

That is clearly your forum and tweets Dane.
Back to top Go down
Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:12 am

FC United of Manchester is a community football club owned and democratically run by its 2158 members. Its corporate structure is a Community Benefit Society and membership is open to all, with everyone an equal co-owner, holding one voting share in the club.

It is a base model that all fans and clubs should aspire to achieve

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 8:00 am

Argyle are heading for administration and probably worse anyway. So a pheonix club is a real possibility. As long as it doesn't involve the same superfans who have done so much to destroy Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 8:48 am

Dane. wrote:
Right Own up

Who has stolen my idea - just been tweeted this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Your idea?

Yeez man, we have been living that dream for 10 years, now many fans are looking for a Sugar D.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester    FC United of Manchester  Empty

Back to top Go down

FC United of Manchester
Page 1 of 1