HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sheridan and Luke Young

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Sheridan and Luke Young Empty
PostSubject: Sheridan and Luke Young   Sheridan and Luke Young EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Learn from the master,Luke;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The chap who does the blog has also written a book about Ian Baird,who always scored against Argyle,no matter who he played for.Dirty bugger too.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan and Luke Young   Sheridan and Luke Young EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:26 pm

I remember saying on here 2 yrs ago that Young looked the only talent in the game I watched us lose 5 - 1 at Oxford. His first touch, movement and balance make him a natural play maker.
What Sheridan is saying is hardly rocket science. Why has it taken him so long ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan and Luke Young   Sheridan and Luke Young EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:47 pm

I think Young's way too clumsy and often passes the ball without even looking. What do I know though? One thing I will say though, he is attack minded.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan and Luke Young   Sheridan and Luke Young EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Youngy is one of several Argyle players who are benefitting from the 3-5-2 formation.Superluke,Trottman,Berry,Hourihane,Blanchard,are others who seem to have raised their game under this formation.Just need to improve the final delivery into the box,and get a decent striker in,who knows where the back of the net is. Defensively we're looking pretty good.In six months time Rodney,we could be in the play offs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan and Luke Young   Sheridan and Luke Young EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:03 pm

It's a bit of a shame for some of our younger players that they've all had to play too many games as the senior pros left - the last three years, there's been precious little around them they can learn from. In an ideal World, Nelson, Harvey and Young et al would all be out on loan to lower league clubs, not playing regularly for one on a permanent basis.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan and Luke Young   Sheridan and Luke Young EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:38 pm

17 Plymouth
18 Cheltenham
19 York
20 Bristol Rovers
21 Torquay
22 Bury
23 Accrington
24 Northampton

Not much of a choice is there Hairy! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan and Luke Young   Sheridan and Luke Young EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:10 pm

In an ideal World, we'd be sending them to Exeter (as we did with Noone). By the time we're back there, Young won't be young.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan and Luke Young   Sheridan and Luke Young EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Maybe see if he can get a corner past the near post before making wild predictions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan and Luke Young   Sheridan and Luke Young EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:35 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Maybe see if he can get a corner past the near post before making wild predictions.
I'm not that keen on him - he's clumsy and he doesn't seem to look up enough but he's young, he'll learn and it must be difficult as there aren't any senior pros in front of him he can learn from. I think Tring would probably change his mind if he saw him regularly as Young is very hit and miss. Hourihane is probably our biggest asset on the pitch. He's only 22 and he's almost played 100 games.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan and Luke Young   Sheridan and Luke Young EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 4:41 pm

I think he's a very talented young player. He's just not a corner taker (bar Pompey home where he got some good ones in).

His passing is comfortably the best at the club, he's got a killer free kick on him and no- one can open up a defence quite like him at this club. He should be used more.

If he was Spanish, his technique would be noticed by scouts a lot more and he'd be playing regularly in the Spanish lower leagues. This country's antiquated ideas that you have to be big, strong and fast hold the lad back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan and Luke Young   Sheridan and Luke Young Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridan and Luke Young
Page 1 of 1