Mapperley, darling
pepsipete
Tringreen
Freathy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process Empty
PostSubject: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:58 am

This is worth a read!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:23 am

It's a disgrace. Buttivant seems to have the ready cash, done everything right and by the book. So why has he been treated shabily by BG? Favouritism to this dodgy sounding 'Irish' consortium who now seem to not have the chash to even pay in istallments! I wonder who really is behind this 'Irish' consortium of property developers so obsessed with anonimity. I don't blame Buttivant for making an official complaint. The whole think stinks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:42 am

The thing is, what can we do about it?

I really can't back anyone yet but I question why the likes of P Jones and the Trust were so quick to align with Brent without any knowledge of his true interest, and I question why some, such as "Rupes", are so anti Buttivant without any genuine reason, and I question just about every move the administrator has made since he arrived on his massive pay packet at Home Park!

So who the fek is left?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:48 am

A good concise review of what is in the public domain.

In this credit strewn bubble capitalist society we've all either been forced or sleepwalked into, sometimes, people UNAVOIDABLY fall into debt, especially in business. I'm all for the insolvency laws that have basically replaced debtors' prison. However, the 'illegal trading' test needs to have more teeth, and it would appear the actual process of administration needs an overhaul too. I do not believe Argyle's debt was unavoidable despite the protestations of Stapleton et al.
I was one that was all for Argyle's administration back in December, as there was plainly no other workable option.
But the way this administration has been handled is beyond belief and has seriously damaged the likliehood of my continuing to support this football club.

I feel dirty, and yet it is nothing of my making. I resent being sullied by the likes of Guilfoyle and Ridsdale and hell will freeze over before I can fully support a Ridsdale led club. I can't at present see me ever visiting Home Park again outside of an unavoidable family occasion. For all intents and purposes I would be lost to the club, and the club to me.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:52 am

I have a nasty feeling this could end up in tears, big time.
There are far too many crummy plans afoot and the club could take a long time to recover.
At least the bears will still be in the business lounge with their real mates, so that's ok.

What happens if we're liquidated and have to start again ? A portacabin on the local rec. sponsored by Pasoti ? Can just see Ponty having to stoop while consuming his pasty and pint.................... but he'll be happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:50 am

Liquidation is a bitter pill to swallow but in the long term I think we'll be better off for it. As it seems, all we have to look forward to is the loss of our home and decades of stagnation in the lowest division as well as concrete constructions surrounding Home Park/Central Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:41 pm

I think "concern" is such a small word compared to what most argyle fans feel about the last few months in administration, I think the word your looking for is distraught
" I dont know them but I can confirm they are football people, I dont know them but I'm sure the deal can go ahead"
confused
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:10 pm

cobipafc wrote:
I think "concern" is such a small word compared to what most argyle fans feel about the last few months in administration, I think the word your looking for is distraught
" I dont know them but I can confirm they are football people, I dont know them but I'm sure the deal can go ahead"
confused

Careful Cobi .............. stick to talking about the football......4 3 3 or 4 4 2 ? king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:16 pm

Tringreen wrote:
cobipafc wrote:
confused

Careful Cobi .............. stick to talking about the football......4 3 3 or 4 4 2 ? king

It has an impact on football and I am happy to talk about it when important but not all the time.
Now, to the important stuff, in L2 a solid shape is needed, a shape which needs to hold and stay strong, not to mention work together. Maybe in L1 or the championship a 4 3 3 would be needed to attempt a break down of strong defences but down here we need the shape and organization, so a 4 4 2 for me.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 2:09 pm

cobipafc wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
cobipafc wrote:
confused

It has an impact on football and I am happy to talk about it when important but not all the time.
Now, to the important stuff, in L2 a solid shape is needed, a shape which needs to hold and stay strong, not to mention work together. Maybe in L1 or the championship a 4 3 3 would be needed to attempt a break down of strong defences but down here we need the shape and organization, so a 4 4 2 for me.

Howzabout getting Wotts back, Trigger up front, dAVIIIIIID IN M/F AND cOUGHLAN AT THE BACK ? Might as well get Luggy back too n Summers, horses for courses n all that.
Then, as we brush the lower leagues aside and the attendances rise, the nightmare will start all over again. Great being an Argyle man innit ?

Still, we might get to stare at a few famous grounds/clubs along the way and laugh heartily at their temporary demise.
Wigs n jester hats at the ready ! Right bird ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:06 am

I see on Pasoti there are a few threads about getting Sturrock back...when will they ever learn!!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:20 am

Cant teach an old pig new tricks pig Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:51 am

punchdrunk wrote:
I see on Pasoti there are a few threads about getting Sturrock back...when will they ever learn!!

Not even Sturrock the Clueless would come back to this basket case of a club now.

Talking about managers, it almost makes me cry when I think of the managers we had in the Championship (Holloway and Pulis) and what they could have been achieved with some backing. We had everything in place - good players, good league position, good managers. If only the chairman wasn't an outclassed greedy Stapes. But of course - it's not his fault Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Guilfoyle has made some huge mistakes and his administration process should be investigated by the authorities.

Let's be clear about James Brent. He was a reluctant bidder and wanted Ridsdale to run the club, he wasn't going to pay for exclusivity which means the staff would not have got paid, much like the situation we have now with the Preferred Bidder. Brent also wanted the Council to buy the stadium, that was never going to happen in today's climate.

Buttivant was shut out by Guilfoyle. He would have bought the stadium, offered more to the unsecured creditors, paid the football creditors and paid for exclusivity which means the staff WOULD have been paid by now.

Of the three bidders Buttivant made it public that he didn't want Ridsdale at the club if he was the new owner.

Guilfoyle made a big deal about Buttivant not having the funds and yet Buttivant asked several legal experts to look at his funding and they ALL agreed that it was proof of funding.
Now we find that the Preferred Bidders do NOT have the funding to take over Argyle and pay the football creditors.

If the Preferred Bidders had coughed up the money and revealed their identity from the start we would have new owners by now.
Now we are told that they don't have the money and didn't know or understand the Football Creditors rule!! So they are taking over a major business and didn't do any research or even Google what it means when taking over a club in administration!!! Give me a break! I don't believe the "we didn't know about the Football Creditors" rule.

Amid all this we have Ridsdale painting himself as the only person who can save the club and we can't do without him! He's fed a few crumbs to the masses and everything is hunky dory again! Jesus, this guy spins for a living, he's a platform speaker on the subject and he teaches companies on how to deal with hostile media.

Funnily enough it was Ridsdale who appointed Guilfoyle as lead administrator back in March.

Draw your own conclusions.

Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:17 pm

conclusions drawn and coloured in green, just for the pups and tints to lap up like good little boys
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:23 pm

But Ridsdale was REALLY positive yesterday at the Q&A with Pasoti so I am sure we have nothing to worry about. And he was handing out prawn sandwiches to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:00 pm

The stench coming from Home Park is now overpowering.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:14 pm

It really is an absolute fekin disgrace that people are going without wages when we could/should haver accepted Buttivant's bid even if it was only to pay the staff.

To say that what is going on is shocking, is be an understatement!

If Buttivant should read this and requires more people to complain then I hope he feels free to advise us. He'll get my support!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:50 pm

If you really want to complain about the way the admin process has been handled then Nick Craig at the Football League is the man to email.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:21 pm

PL2 3DQ wrote:
If you really want to complain about the way the admin process has been handled then Nick Craig at the Football League is the man to email.

Postey,was Brent involved with Ridsdale in unsuccessful attempts to take over Hull and Charlton,via the Citibank company? I was under the impression that this was the case and has made me suspicious of a possible stitch up.Can you confirm or deny?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:52 pm

I've no idea except, as you say, both Brent and Ridsdale were linked to Citibank.

In 2004 an independent company was tasked to investigate Ridsdale's behaviour as a director at Leeds United.
After the investigation Ridsdale was cleared of any wrong doing.

The Head of that company who investigated and then cleared Ridsdale was................ Brendan Guilfoyle!

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:45 am

You could work for Private Eye Posty, the club is being sucked dry.

Why would Brenda, allegedly on a huge hourly rate, want to drag it out?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:07 am

GOB wrote:

If Buttivant should read this and requires more people to complain then I hope he feels free to advise us. He'll get my support!

And mine. I instinctively preferred Buttivant just because the official line on the farm was pro-Brent. That lot back the wrong horse every single time and without exception.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:58 am

I suggest everyone take a read of the link that Posty posted, some eye opening stuff has been written!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:32 am

the stench is overpowering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process   Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process Empty

Back to top Go down

Concern Over Argyle's Administration Process
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next