Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shonbo

shonbo

I'm famous :) Empty
PostSubject: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:19 pm

First time poster. Came to see what all the fuss was about and what do I see on the first page! ME and my boy, well our backsides and legs anyway!! Any royalties due to me can be transferred to the GTS please. lol!

That has to be a few years ago now, we normally get down for the first and last games and then a few away. I do love that old turnstyle.
All the best on your new site.
Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:21 pm

shonbo wrote:
First time poster. Came to see what all the fuss was about and what do I see on the first page! ME and my boy, well our backsides and legs anyway!! Any royalties due to me can be transferred to the GTS please. lol!

That has to be a few years ago now, we normally get down for the first and last games and then a few away. I do love that old turnstyle.
Mike

On here that should read "INfamous". Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:25 pm

shonbo wrote:

Mike

lol!

Is it really your backsides? lol!

Loved the GT's comment, ya fukka! lol!

Welcome to the site Mike (am I allowed to say Mike? study ) enjoy the freedoms you have on here mate, it's a site where you won't have your comments edited, deleted or moved and a site where you can even read what the Moderators discuss.

Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Yep, I'm afraid so. Recognised the boy first and then it kind of dawned on me it was us. Have now cc'd to FB so he can show his mates how famous he is LOL.

My wife has taken a look and confirmed that that is her lovely son and that that ismy backside. She smiled at first and then scowled. I wonder why Embarassed

Thanks for the welcome GOB, I'm more a lurker than a poster, but I appreciate everybody's point of view. At the end of the day, I believe all greens want what is best for the club, but like anything in society, not everyone agrees what that is or how it can be achieved.

I'd like to thank everyone for their efforts in keeping the club going, no matter how big or small.

By all means call me Mike, only my mum, GBHS, called me Michael
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:39 pm

I would agree with all of those sentiments Mike!

I shall be looking out for your arse.....although perhaps not! lol!

Mods, surely this deserves recognition? clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:43 pm

shonbo wrote:

Mike
Thanks Shonbo, welcome to the site. We try our best... we're not monsters, just fans.

Actually, the photo at the top was taken by me at the last time Cardiff were in town along with one Peter Ridsdale.
If you are talking about the two chaps in the foreground, I'm sorry to disappoint as the two are friends of mine and long time Argyle addicts... maybe a case of mistaken arse jocolor ... one wanted a photo of our great frontage for a website he runs somewhere else. We did have another more iconic photo of those tunstyles from Greens on Screen I think , another good site, but they asked us to take it down.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Ya know, upon logging onto this site I often consider what a pity it was that some thoughtless tool and his thoughtless tool of a son took it upon themselves to soil such an otherwise lovely shot of Home Park. This site would be as big as pasoti if only you'd sat in a different stand that day. I mean, way to go, fellas. Way to ruin my life. Brill.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Ya know, upon logging onto this site I often consider what a pity it was that some thoughtless tool and his thoughtless tool of a son took it upon themselves to soil such an otherwise lovely shot of Home Park. This site would be as big as pasoti if only you'd sat in a different stand that day. I mean, way to go, fellas. Way to ruin my life. Brill.

lol!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Soz, still not convinced, they are the spitting image even down to the clothes (unfortunately, I don't look good in shorts) but we weren't down for the Cardiff game. I'm confused (folks who know me say that's easily done.) confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:49 pm

ID Parade?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:51 pm

Soz Mock
If I hadn't used turnstyle 28 that day, history could be so different. My first ever game was a 0-2 defeat at home to Bournemouth in 72. My son went 2 years without seeing us win a match. Without me, you could have had European glory. I should have stuck to rugby alien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Did we manage to get to the bottom of this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:52 pm

That's a cheeky comment.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:15 pm

I can't be arsed to argue. I know my wife is right I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Earlier in the day
Said bottoms:-

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Definitely Cardiff's visit and my camera. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:59 pm

So it's a case of mistaken assdentity! clown

Yet another story blown wide open by Pirate!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:01 pm

GOB wrote:
So it's a case of mistaken assdentity! clown

Yet another story blown wide open by Pirate!

Glad I could be of ASSistance ma'am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:03 pm

You get a better standard of craic on here.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:23 pm

shonbo wrote:
Soz Mock
If I hadn't used turnstyle 28 that day, history could be so different. My first ever game was a 0-2 defeat at home to Bournemouth in 72. My son went 2 years without seeing us win a match. Without me, you could have had European glory. I should have stuck to rugby alien

Was that Bournemouth game in the league cup? Seems to ring a bell.Matches against Bournemouth could be pretty tasty,crowd wise,back in those days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Greenskin wrote:
shonbo wrote:
Soz Mock

Was that Bournemouth game in the league cup? Seems to ring a bell.Matches against Bournemouth could be pretty tasty,crowd wise,back in those days.

Yeah, I loved those Bournemouth matches. Remember when we won 3-7 I think and Smithy's hat was lost for a few days?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:39 pm

GOB wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
shonbo wrote:
Soz Mock

Yeah, I loved those Bournemouth matches. Remember when we won 3-7 I think and Smithy's hat was lost for a few days?

I think the 7-3 was in the Waiters promotion season,GOB.I saw us win 3-1 up there in the Smithy promotion season,that was probably when he threw his cap into the crowd.The late Steve Cooper scored with a spectacular diving header and i seem to remember Kevin Hodges had an absolute stormer.Also went there when we won 2-0 in our last promotion season,two of the most unusual goals of all time-Wotton scored from the half way line and Norris cracked a 25 yarder which hit the bar,went miles in the air and back spun into the net,exactly like a golfer getting back spin off a shot to the green.Happy days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Yup you're right mate, it was in Waiters era.

Did you stop in the Plymouth Inn for a pint on the way?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:18 pm

GOB wrote:
Yup you're right mate, it was in Waiters era.

Did you stop in the Plymouth Inn for a pint on the way?

Can't remember,TBH.I know that my dad was still alive for the last game mentioned,i drove up and he drove back,allowing me to get fairly well plastered in a pub in Boscombe,quite near the ground it was,and on the way home.We stopped at the Prewley Arms at Sourton for some scran and a few more noggins on the way back,i was well gone by the end of the day.It was a shocking day in Bournemouth,one of the worst i've experienced weather wise at a football match, but a fantastic one in all other respects-makes you wish you could turn the clock back,in more ways than one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:22 pm

All my memories of Bournemouth away are good, I only ever seem to remember winning there. Having said that, that time under Waiters was my best Argyle memories and only rivaled by the semi in the cup followed by the Wembley trip.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:04 am

Its arsetounding, someone has the same arse as me, fortunately I have more hair. Laughing

Bournemoth match was Watneys Cup or somesuch, 2 Ted MacDougall goals Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm famous :)   I'm famous :) Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm famous :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next