The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Northampton Away

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 9:44 am

I any ATD'ers fancy meeting up and having a pre match pint before the Northampton game at Sixfields then drop me a PM. If any Pasoti lurkers want to meet up can you PM me on either of my accounts over there.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 10:38 am

I have about a 1 in 4 chance of getting Cobblered on Saturday and wouldn't mind meeting up if I do.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 2:03 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I any ATD'ers fancy meeting up and having a pre match pint before the Northampton game at Sixfields then drop me a PM. If any Pasoti lurkers want to meet up can you PM me on either of my accounts over there.

Geddon !  lol! 
Back to top Go down

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I have about a 1 in 4 chance of getting Cobblered on Saturday and wouldn't mind meeting up if I do.

It would be a pleasure SFD. I am driving up from Ipswich so a beer near the ground in the town are both options.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

It would be a pleasure SFD. I am driving up from Ipswich so a beer near the ground in the town are both options.

You'll grow out of it Frank  Wink 

ps good result for the Albion v the Welsh last week. They must have all been in Cardiff ! lol! 
Back to top Go down

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 8:56 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I never found a pub that sold good beer near the ground - or certainly not in walking distance! If you do, I shall be impressed.

This place is about a mile away but not a pub.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 9:01 pm

Looks like this one is a no no for me. Lots of complicated family stuff and insufficient places in not enough cars if I don't do my bit. I'll be there in spirit though.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Tempted to go though feeling a defeat is on the cards. We were in the same situation not so long ago, new manager and new players has a galvanising effect.

Parking is a pain in the arse at 6fields, train station miles away.
Back to top Go down

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 9:25 pm

The last time I went to Northampton was when Luggy was in charge and they spanked us 3-2 in the FA Cup, im pretty sure Chris Hargreaves scored one of the Northampton goals that day. The away end was sold out, Argyle were cruising towards the Championship and I had to sit with the Cobblers fans..how times have changed.
I drove that day and to the best of my memory if you get their early enough there is plenty of parking in and around the retail outlets that surround the ground.
This Saturday i shall be attending as i am stuck up North with nothing to do, rather then driving this time i shall be catching the train,Ill take the hike to the ground and probably be camping in the bowling alley or TGI Fridays for a few jars before I go in and watch us get spanked.
Back to top Go down

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 9:35 pm

I remember that game well. I was in the away end right in front of Asamoah's winning goal. Good atmosphere and great cup tie. Seem to recall we lost our unbeaten league run and knocked out of JP Trophy in the same week.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 6:56 am

'Top of the league yer avin a laff !'

Also memorable for a few morons who spent the whole of one half verbally abusing the town goalkeeper, using disgusting language.

It was as embarrassing as it was shameful and the stewards did nothing despite complaints from several decent Argyle fans, self included.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 7:25 am

I lived in Northampton for 20 plus years and the best pub is as follows [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's a bit of a hike to the ground (I estimate 30 minutes walk) but it does have a great selection of real ales and food and a real homely atmosphere. If walking is too much there are buses available from the town centre 5 minutes walk away or of course there are always taxis.
I am gutted that I won't be there as my grandson is the Argyle mascot on Saturday. He was hoping to walk out with Luke McCormick his favourite player but his injury has put a stop to that.
Our record at Northampton at Sixfields and before that at the County Ground is truly appalling so I don't expect anything other than a defeat on Saturday but even so I wish I was there to witness it.
Have a great day to all those that are.
Back to top Go down

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 8:18 am

Being in a central heated house and £ 21→ richer feels much more appealing to me right now.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:50 am

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Tempted to go though feeling a defeat is on the cards. We were in the same situation not so long ago, new manager and new players has a galvanising effect.

theres a massive carpark behind the away end

best beer i had in northampton was at the roadmender, town centre, so half hours walk, or the owd house at home on wellingborough road, even further from the ground
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:23 am

Mapperley, darling wrote:
Pafcintheplace wrote:

best beer i had in northampton was at the roadmender, town centre, so half hours walk, or the owd house at home on wellingborough road, even further from the ground

If it's the same car-park I used to use, it's worse getting out of than Home Park's - though it's about 6 years since I was last there.

It was always interesting to walk past the memorial to Walter Tull to get into the ground.

Horrible, soul-less ground. I went there from time to time but usually chose to do the extra 30 miles or so to watch Rushden & Diamonds.
Back to top Go down

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:30 am

I lived in Northampton for years so just went with home fans. I guess if you don't mind queueing, and muddy fields thenyour sorted
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:31 am

knecht wrote:
Mapperley, darling wrote:
Pafcintheplace wrote:

If it's the same car-park I used to use, it's worse getting out of than Home Park's - though it's about 6 years since I was last there.

It was always interesting to walk past the memorial to Walter Tull to get into the ground.

Horrible, soul-less ground. I went there from time to time but usually chose to do the extra 30 miles or so to watch Rushden & Diamonds.

all football grounds are a nighmare to get out of by car, maybe we should stop going?  jocolor 
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:48 am

Me is only 20 miles away so I may make the pilgrimage from Bedford but it shall be a last minute decision

***PROPER FAN ALERT***  jocolor
Back to top Go down

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 11:33 am

gasser9 wrote:
I lived in Northampton for 20 plus years and the best pub is as follows [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's a bit of a hike to the ground (I estimate 30 minutes walk) but it does have a great selection of real ales and food and a real homely atmosphere. If walking is too much there are buses available from the town centre 5 minutes walk away or of course there are always taxis.
I am gutted that I won't be there as my grandson is the Argyle mascot on Saturday. He was hoping to walk out with Luke McCormick his favourite player but his injury has put a stop to that.
Our record at Northampton at Sixfields and before that at the County Ground is truly appalling so I don't expect anything other than a defeat on Saturday but even so I wish I was there to witness it.
Have a great day to all those that are.

Been there myself once, near to the Carlsberg brewery. Apt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Northampton Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northampton Away   Northampton Away Empty

Back to top Go down

Northampton Away
Page 1 of 1