Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Save Sparksy Campaign

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Save Sparksy Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Save Sparksy Campaign   Save Sparksy Campaign EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:07 am

Like him or not we maybe about to lose our local BBC footballing interest, Gordon Sparks.

If you feel strongly enough then follow the link below and inform the BBC Trust.

Save BBC Local Radio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save Sparksy Campaign   Save Sparksy Campaign EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:55 pm

To be honest i wont lose much sleep if he goes.....i see the lobotomised masses on crapotti are starting to add weight to Webbs campaign to keep the slimy creep on the air, massive ego who loves the sound of his own voice.
One of the worst football commentators i have ever heard, you never get a true picture of what is going on and never know who has actually scored until 20 seconds after the ball is in the net...utterly frustrating.
And as for the old onion that he is a diehard Argyle fan..well ...ha ha, dont make me laugh, how come every-time we play away or up north someone else is in the box with Errington as "EL Sparksy" has deemed it irrelevant or too much hassle for someone of his stature, jumped up little [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] be disappointed to see the back of him.
One of the most irritating and unfunny commentators.....ever.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Save Sparksy Campaign   Save Sparksy Campaign EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 7:48 am

I think the debate is about local radio, and the general centralising of the BBC to London/ Manchestoh, Sparksy just happens to work there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save Sparksy Campaign   Save Sparksy Campaign EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:05 am

punchdrunk wrote:
To be honest i wont lose much sleep if he goes.....i see the lobotomised masses on crapotti are starting to add weight to Webbs campaign to keep the slimy creep on the air, massive ego who loves the sound of his own voice.
One of the worst football commentators i have ever heard, you never get a true picture of what is going on and never know who has actually scored until 20 seconds after the ball is in the net...utterly frustrating.
And as for the old onion that he is a diehard Argyle fan..well ...ha ha, dont make me laugh, how come every-time we play away or up north someone else is in the box with Errington as "EL Sparksy" has deemed it irrelevant or too much hassle for someone of his stature, jumped up little [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] be disappointed to see the back of him.
One of the most irritating and unfunny commentators.....ever.

Save BBC local radio, bin Sparksy. A tw@t and no mistake
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Save Sparksy Campaign   Save Sparksy Campaign EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:14 am

Funny this is a big thing on PASOTI to save his show, I was attending the Mustard Tree when he
came in, I got taking to him mention PASOTI and he did not have a good word about
the site, all change now

TGWU
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save Sparksy Campaign   Save Sparksy Campaign EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:18 am

One or two of the pasoti leadership have no time for Sparksy at all but I think a lot of that is down to simply envy.

To be honest I'm not bothered if it's Sparksy or someone else, I just don't want to lose our commentary or local radio.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Save Sparksy Campaign   Save Sparksy Campaign EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Dwarf Intellect?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save Sparksy Campaign   Save Sparksy Campaign EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 4:15 pm

I don't think he was always this passionate an Argyle supporter somehow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save Sparksy Campaign   Save Sparksy Campaign EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 7:15 pm

My understanding is that the breakfast shows are the last thing to go under the local BBC cuts.
This wouldn't be yet another gimme headline full steam ahead campaign where the result is a foregone conclusion .... surely not ? cat
How about the unemployment totals ? or exponentially increasing NHS hospital waiting times ?
Send out the request .... where's Webby ? can you put your super powers to that please ?
Yours, ever so hopeful flower

Last edited by penzancepirate on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Save Sparksy Campaign   Save Sparksy Campaign EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Tiberius wrote:
I don't think he was always this passionate an Argyle supporter somehow.

Welcome Tiberius.I don't care too much for Sparksy but to be fair to him,i think he does come from an Argyle background-his father, Norman Sparks, was chairman of the shareholders association back in the 1970's, i think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Save Sparksy Campaign   Save Sparksy Campaign EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:39 am

penzancepirate wrote:
My understanding is that the breakfast shows are the last thing to go under the local BBC cuts.
This wouldn't be yet another gimme headline full steam ahead campaign where the result is a foregone conclusion .... surely not ? cat
How about the unemployment totals ? or exponentially increasing NHS hospital waiting times ?
Send out the request .... where's Webby ? can you put your super powers to that please ?
Yours, ever so hopeful flower

I presume the aim isn't to shut down local radio, just to streamline it. I presume all of Devon will have to put with Matt Oakley in the morning like we have to, those that actually still listen to it that is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Save Sparksy Campaign   Save Sparksy Campaign Empty

Back to top Go down

Save Sparksy Campaign
Page 1 of 1