Nick
Freathy
Sir Francis Drake
Greenskin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Financial Growth - South stand - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Financial Growth - South stand   Financial Growth - South stand - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:32 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Now is exactly the time you should be looking to replace that hideous eyesore, no not Napoleon, the Mayflower Tip.

Cheap finance available to PCC, 2.6% over 10 years, building firms crying out for business who could be screwed on design and construction costs, an apparent endless demand for hotel

Oh dear ! not that old 5th form supply and demand thing again. If it were that simple, even Stapes would have gone ahead with the NFU three years ago. Money was just as cheap then but with a demand to match. And builders ready to be taken to the cleaners ? ha ha ha .... you're obviously not in the business .... do you take the BBC TV news seriously in that County capital of yours?

If any of us want an insight into what will pay in the future, just check out one of James Brent's many pieces for the property trade publications ... a real eye opener.
And as for the inexhaustable demand for hotel rooms ? .........ha ha ha .... ask the Holiday Inn or the Copthorne.

The figures have never ever ever added up without massive subsidy from a successful World Cup bid geek or PCC stumping up much of the build costs in the midst of the biggest ever cuts of their expenditure.
Mind you, there is Osborne's new Quantitative Easing 2 coming to an economy near everyone.
If I sound rude, I don't mean to be, I'm just fed up with the whole thing. It's a PARK.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Financial Growth - South stand   Financial Growth - South stand - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:52 pm

I think he's made a few good points Pirate, even for a Greek. Money is cheap at the moment, the problem is, there isn't any! Construction companies have also slashed their profit margins with some happy to simply break even. As for hotels, no, alone it would mean nothing, but with the extras chucked in it would possibly be a goer, many clubs in the past have used similar means. I would imagine that Brent has his head screwed on and time will tell, but in a lifetime of being involved in business and construction, I've seem similar things pulled off before using similar methods.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Financial Growth - South stand   Financial Growth - South stand - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 7:02 am

GOB wrote:
I think he's made a few good points Pirate, even for a Greek. Money is cheap at the moment, the problem is, there isn't any!

lol! I think you make my point very well.
No point in unicorns being cheap. Perhaps they magic them up in that there Harlequin centre.
When Stapes was in imminent mode, he hooked up somewhat with NFU Mutual and they had £100m spare desperately looking for 4 or 5 medium sized building projects ... they couldn't give it away, well not to us anyway.

It's no secret I am not in favour of a new Pavillions in the Park and PCC going for that scenario is the only worry. But they would find a lot of opposition trying to put it there when there are plenty of other alternatives. As others have said, Colin Campbell is becoming vacant and they just haven't a hope in hell of filling the existing City Centre with retail, let alone that as well.. it's just not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Financial Growth - South stand   Financial Growth - South stand - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 7:59 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
GOB wrote:
I think he's made a few good points Pirate, even for a Greek. Money is cheap at the moment, the problem is, there isn't any!

lol! I think you make my point very well.
No point in unicorns being cheap. Perhaps they magic them up in that there Harlequin centre.
When Stapes was in imminent mode, he hooked up somewhat with NFU Mutual and they had £100m spare desperately looking for 4 or 5 medium sized building projects ... they couldn't give it away, well not to us anyway.

It's no secret I am not in favour of a new Pavillions in the Park and PCC going for that scenario is the only worry. But they would find a lot of opposition trying to put it there when there are plenty of other alternatives. As others have said, Colin Campbell is becoming vacant and they just haven't a hope in hell of filling the existing City Centre with retail, let alone that as well.. it's just not going to happen.

Just watch this space on Mr Brent and the development of the new Pavilion and other associated developments, was in the council house this week meeting his friends
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Financial Growth - South stand   Financial Growth - South stand - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:14 pm

Any development in the lungs of Plymouth would be anathema to me. It simply has to be on the existing PAFC footprint and complement the club and the park's activities (and no I don't mean piles of dog-shit, broken glass or hidden corners for sex). A small hotel, conference facilities, sports medicine clinic, gym, development of its links with local schools in the form of classrooms etc would fit the bill.

If Brent was really seen in discussion with the local council I would be surprised. I wouldn't have expected him to be moving on this so quickly. But, if it is to be a money earner for him and the club, then I guess earlier rather than later would be good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Financial Growth - South stand   Financial Growth - South stand - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Financial Growth - South stand
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2