Nick
Mock Cuncher
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Richard Blight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Pasalb shizzle   Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:05 am

Digging done.

It appears that the amount Heaney/his backers put in was significantly more than the 300k some have led us to believe...closer to double that in fact. I'm not saying that this makes him perfect for Argyle or anything, but it does make you wonder how much people have been deceived.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight   Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:09 am

greenjock wrote:
So if it was the FL's rule that stopped Brent paying a bigger upfront payment, is there a reson why the balance has to be paid over 5 years? Just seems like such a long time for people to get back what they are owed, after putting themselves through so much hardship for the benefit of the club.

I know the GT are helping with fundraising and they have raised a fantastic amount so far, and any unbudgeted income will go towards accelerating the payments, but surely the outstanding amount isn't something thats going to break Brent financially, so why not REALLY show how much he cares and how much of a community club he wants at Argyle, by paying the balance off sooner. It just seems that Brent rode into town on the "paying the staff" ticket, and now he's in control there are more important things on the agenda. Some of the staff went through real hardship and things like repairing a bad credit history haven't been taken into consideration.

I wonder if all of the staff would have held out for so long if they knew exactly how long it was going to take to get their backdated wages?

And for what it's worth, I do think that Brent has made a positive start and appears far more open and transparent than previous regimes, so maybe it's nitpicking and we hould be delighted he's here. My truck is with the people who ram it down your throat not to question Brent, and won't hear a word against him, and take great pleasure in pointing out what sacrifices they have made compared to others. Bit reminiscent of Smashy and Nicey doing "a lot of good work for charidee mate".

Allied to the unswerving support and praise for all Ridsdale did for the club, and the continual references to "if you knew what we know", it adds up to a bunch of smug dictators who run a fans forum where there is one opinion and although it is fiercely denied, censorship of one form or another is rife.

Well said that man !

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight   Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:22 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Digging done.

It appears that the amount Heaney/his backers put in was significantly more than the 300k some have led us to believe...closer to double that in fact. I'm not saying that this makes him perfect for Argyle or anything, but it does make you wonder how much people have been deceived.

Where did you get that from Mock? I've taken my info from the P&A published reports and, from memory, the amount was a few quid shy of the 300K, which I presumed was the Riddlers £5 admin fee santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight   Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:24 am

Who the flock is Richard Blight?

Odd sabotage afoot methinks.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight   Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:31 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
Digging done.

Where did you get that from Mock? I've taken my info from the P&A published reports and, from memory, the amount was a few quid shy of the 300K, which I presumed was the Riddlers £5 admin fee santa

I thought that too,Charlie.Wasn't it coughed up after the players threatened to strike at Barnet?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Pasalb shizzle   Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:43 am

Cerbera - 'Richard Blight' was the name of the first thread I started on my phone. Since then, every time I reply to any of the topics which I have started it changes the topic name to aforementioned title. A glitch rather than anything devious afoot, albeit a glitch which would flatter me/creep me out slightly if I was said person.

Charlie - I'll check this but I have no reason to disbelieve. Having not seen the accounts myself, I suspect that perhaps there were payments made from BIL to PAFC as a company, on top of payments made to P&A. I will try and check this, so don't take as gospel!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight   Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:46 am

Mock, that's just bizarre.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight   Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:17 am

Mock's bizarre.
I actually quite like the idea of every thread being labeled Richard Blight. It's sort of amusing and Richard sees the funny side it appears.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight   Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
Digging done.

I thought that too,Charlie.Wasn't it coughed up after the players threatened to strike at Barnet?

I'm not sure about this but wasn't the extra paid after the threatened strike was paid by Panda. Where they got it from is another matter. I suspect it was more likely to come from Argyle's coffers than Heaney's. The idea that Heaney paid extra makes me smile bemusedly. It's worth noting that that extra bit was only a proportion of money due for a month.

As already suggested Heaney's bid was fantasy so whatever it promised is irrelevant. However as I recall Brent made his 0.77p/£ offer to the unsecured creditors when there was no other bid tabled at all so low as it might have been it was higher than the alternative at the time. Didn't the creditors vote to accept it only for Heaney to butt in, match the offer and add his phantom £1m to fund the admin costs and so grab Preferred Bidder status? That other feller offered 3p/£ remember but was dismissed due to lack of funding which was ironic when you consider how Heaney's bid played out.

The plan is to pay the money back over a 5 year period applies to all employees (staff and players) equally. The backpay will be paid in full eventually and obviously Brent is planning on raising this money out of club income. I don't see what the problem is here. If he had stumped the cash up himself as part of the takeover bid he would have been getting back from club income anyway. So it makes no difference to the club. It does mean the staff and players have to wait but they chose to accept the offer so let them get on with it. All power to the GTs too because the more they raise the faster everybody gets paid off and the sooner the club's income can be spent on improving the team. I must admit to wondering how the GT action stacks up legally in all sorts of ways regarding income tax, NI, preference to staff in comparison to players etc but presumably it does stack up and they have the legal angles covered.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight   Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:30 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
....... It does mean the staff and players have to wait but they chose to accept the offer so let them get on with it. .......

If I understand you rightly, the situation the staff or players were in was take this paltry sum with the likelihood of full payment some years hence or take nothing, lose your jobs and close down a football club. Not a lot of choice there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight   Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:04 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
As already suggested Heaney's bid was fantasy so whatever it promised is irrelevant. However as I recall Brent made his 0.77p/£ offer to the unsecured creditors when there was no other bid tabled at all so low as it might have been it was higher than the alternative at the time. Didn't the creditors vote to accept it only for Heaney to butt in, match the offer and add his phantom £1m to fund the admin costs and so grab Preferred Bidder status? That other feller offered 3p/£ remember but was dismissed due to lack of funding which was ironic when you consider how Heaney's bid played out.

Whatever, it makes no difference to those of us that think the whole Heaney process was never going to conclude and was organised by someone purely as a delaying tactic to stretch out the credible excuses for not paying the employees for as long as they could get away with it.
While it was going on, someone even had the nous to tie up all the supporters ' groups in a contingency plan, so as they wouldn't create a fuss..... and they duly didn't. Whoever worked out this plan is some manipulative clever old stick .... I can't think who was at the club at the time who could have thought this up. cat
The PFA have stated they have taken a 'leap of faith' on this deal. I would suggest they too are not impressed at all. And after 5 years, it then all hangs on a 50% bullet payment !!..... pleeeeeeease .... I can't think of any longer grass than that. On any other planet, this would never be seen as payment in full, it just isn't. That some people still believe the moon is made of green cheese is for them, not me.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight   Richard Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 9:43 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Mock's bizarre.
I actually quite like the idea of every thread being labeled Richard Blight. It's sort of amusing and Richard sees the funny side it appears.

It is a bit weird I must say! Heyho, being an Argyle fan's been a bit weird the last 12 months. santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight   Richard Blight - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Richard Blight
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2