Charlie Wood
seadog
Greenskin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Report from your resident Aviva boy Empty
PostSubject: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Hmm,a point better than nothing,i suppose,but not good with 2 away games and Purse's absence coming up.Argyle had plenty of chances and the Hereford keeper made a few top saves,especially one from a Chadders header in the second half.The only effort i can recall from Hereford,apart from the goal, which caused any serious problem was when Berry [i think] smashed one against his own crossbar,in the second half.I thought Chadders played well again,unlucky not to score a couple more,Hemmings was lively at times,Sutherland struggled and Argyle looked more likely when Feeney came on.Defence not troubled that much,although Williams lack of pace is badly exposed at times.The Purse tackle seemed to be a shocker from where i was sat,pretty irresponsible really and could be a very costly red mist.All in all,not a great afternoon,bleddy freezing twas,but defeat would have been an utter disaster,so thinkful for small mercies,i guess.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:22 pm

Cheers Greeny.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Youmm a proper 'viva if you took anything positive out of that load of shit skinny. It was a Feeney header not Chadders btw. Feck knows how the ref gave the pen, there was about 20 players between him and the "incident" which was right in front of the lino (and me). A lucky point against the mighty bulls,

I'll not be wasting another £20 any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Youmm a proper 'viva if you took anything positive out of that load of shit skinny. It was a Feeney header not Chadders btw. Feck knows how the ref gave the pen, there was about 20 players between him and the "incident" which was right in front of the lino (and me). A lucky point against the mighty bulls,

You're right Charlie,it was Feeney and he missed a sitter later when he actually had time to bring the ball down rather than volleying.I'm not really positive about the game as such,more a case of thinking that without getting even a point today,we would have been well and truly in the shite,even more so than we actually are.Northampton lost again today and at least Hereford are still in reach,crumbs from the masters table though,i realise that.

6500 odd,not a bad gate under the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:49 pm

We're down
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Freathy wrote:
We're down

I think we will survive.

It will probably go down to the wire though.

Nothing like a promotion or relegation battle at the end of the season to bring the punters in.

Plus of course, the last game (at home) will be turned into a mass celebration of well, everything!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:55 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:

Todays performance put in perspective just how lucky we were to catch Northampton at their lowest ebb. Hereford were just a typical League 2 relegation candidate, and we looked no better than them.

A totally uninspiring show, but it now seems we have caught up, and so are no longer comfortably the crapest team in League 2. We're now on a par with the crapest teams in League 2, so Bravo! jocolor

All slightly embarrassing with the 'Ultra' thing too. If anything, the Dem'port was even quieter - the only difference being about 15 kids waving their new scarves around sporadically.

We need a proper manager double quick. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Just wait until Mr President has collected enough money for a couple of big flags. Apparently, they're going to be laid in front of the Devonport ..... waiting ........ for the signal from the club .... and then they'll pick them up and wave said flags....maybe in concert with the goal music, maybe not. Frightening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:05 pm

you cant manufacture atmosphere in a football stadium.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 8:58 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Just wait until Mr President has collected enough money for a couple of big flags. Apparently, they're going to be laid in front of the Devonport ..... waiting ........ for the signal from the club .... and then they'll pick them up and wave said flags....maybe in concert with the goal music, maybe not. Frightening.

lol! lol!

Seriously unless we get someone in to replace that Clown Fletcher i reckon we will be down by March. People keep harping on about draws being good enough bla bla bla, simple fact is we dug ourselves in to such a deep hole under Monkey heed that its going to be difficult to get out of.
Drawing at home against the likes of Hereford is not good enough...simple as, and as for the discipline.. don't get me started Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:12 am

Fletcher is as safe as Sir Alex. Brent is backing fletch all the way to the BSP and beyond.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Freathy wrote:
We're down

Don't be so hard on yourselves Freathy, this site does have a somewhat jaundiced view on things sometimes but I don't think there's a full blown collective depression at work............

...........oh I see, you meant relegated didn't you Wink.

Anyways I just looked at the league table and apparently we've not been relegated afterall, phew, panic over.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 1:12 pm

X Isle wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We're down

Don't be so hard on yourselves Freathy, this site does have a somewhat jaundiced view on things sometimes but I don't think there's a full blown collective depression at work............

Anyways I just looked at the league table and apparently we've not been relegated afterall, phew, panic over.

Yeah.Grow some conkers,you knee jerking surrender monkeys. lol! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 1:13 pm

January HAS to be interesting!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 1:27 pm

New Year, New resolve, New World?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Greenskin wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We're down

Yeah.Grow some conkers,you knee jerking surrender monkeys. lol! Wink

Conkers won't save us. they don't drop until September .... way too late as usual. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report from your resident Aviva boy   Report from your resident Aviva boy Empty

Back to top Go down

Report from your resident Aviva boy
Page 1 of 1