Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future? Empty
PostSubject: Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future?   Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 2:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Let's hope that our friends north of the border are successful!

It would be great Forza game in general!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future?   Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 4:26 pm

probably for lower league games if it were to come back but too much health and saftey regulations now will allow it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future?   Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Wouldn't happen at Argyle due to them ripping up the crush barriers, too much cost to re-install no doubt
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future?   Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:56 pm

A decision made for the for The Mayflower (RIP). Can't see it ever happening in England any time soon though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future?   Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Let's hope that our friends north of the border are successful!

It would be great Forza game in general!

would be fantastic if they allowed standing again but as everyone has said, very unlikely tbh. That said the Conservatives have promised to make h&s more common sense, perhaps these could go hand in hand.

Nice to see a fellow Pratchett reader too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future?   Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 7:19 pm

The standing thing has never been mainly a health and safety issue .... we all know by now the Taylor report blamed other factors. It is a social policy of all governments and a desire of the industry far more so than a health and safety issue.

As far as I can make out, any hoped for health and safety relaxations are sadly only to do with de regulating certain employee and workplace matters in an attempt to reduce business overheads, rather than common sense. I believe there will also be other measures tied up in this latest attempt at rolling back the years. I thought we had had enough of deregulation. It remains to be seen how many lives will be sacrifced for a negligible increase in productivity, looks like it will be dogma at it's best ... squeeze them until the children squeak. I hope I'm wrong, but I trust westminster less than I do Keith Todd.
I won't be holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future?   Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:09 pm

IMHO this is something all the trusts around the country,along with other supporters groups should be campaigning for. It's far more dangerous to have thousands of fans stood up in seating areas than to have safe standing areas.

Technology has moved on and there are plenty of examples of safe standing areas already in use around Europe. Hopefully the Scottish will open the doors for England to follow suit.

As for politicians ..........no I'm not going there.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future?   Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 10:29 pm

I'm sure a simple 8 page risk assessment will sort it out................................
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future?   Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:43 pm

Plenty of safe standing available at SJP, loads of space on the away end when the Pilgrims were there last.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future?   Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future? Empty

Back to top Go down

Safe Standing Areas Possible in the Future?
Page 1 of 1