Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous.... Empty
PostSubject: The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous....   The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous.... EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 4:51 pm

I watch this on Thursday night and enjoyed it greatly..A heart-warming film for sure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous....   The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous.... EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 4:54 pm

i thought it was crap personally. The acting and script were fine but the cut aways to the real neil and choir ruined the flow of what was a good program
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous....   The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous.... EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Thought it was brilliant. It could have been lame, sentimental, knowing and boring. I found it engaging, uplifting, sympathetic and imaginative.

This is the link I read after watching the programme

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous....   The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous.... EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 6:26 pm

I sat down to this with an alternative (DVD featuring George Clooney - it's not his fault he never met me first) to hand just in case, but loved it. As Dougie says, it could have been sentimental and even patronising, but instead it was very warm and loving. The bits where Neil himself, Macari and the other real people popped up to confirm that things really happened (or not) added to it for me: it would be very easy not to believe the story was true if they weren't there.

I do feel a bit cheated, though. I did a qualification at Keele in the mid 1990s (our ceremony was held in the chapel that featured in the film - most if not all of the university location shots were really done on the campus) but never heard of, let alone met, Baldwin. However, we were part time, distance learning students, so we were only there at weekends and in the holidays, when nearly everything was closed, and I guess he'd have been busy elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous....   The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous.... EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 10:31 am

I thought it was a delightful film. I knew Neil as I studied at Keele between 1989 and 1993. He was a regular around the square/Union although no-one truly knew what he did.

He took me to Stoke City training a couple of times on the other side of the old Victoria Ground as I played football for the university. A figure of fun at times for us more immature 19 year olds but as genuine as they come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous....   The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous.... Empty

Back to top Go down

The story of Neil ''Nello'' Baldwin, the film Marvellous....
Page 1 of 1