Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points) Empty
PostSubject: Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)   Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points) EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:07 pm

The Swiss football association have left it late but they have docked FC Sion 36 points much to the dismay of Manchester United.

FC Sion fielded no less than 6 ineligible players signed while under a transfer embargo. FC Sion beat Celtic to qualify for the Europa league but have been thrown out.

Before FC Sion were punished FIFA threatened to ban the Swiss national side and club sides from entering any future competitions. Therefore swiss champions FC Basel would have been thrown out of the champions league and Premier league champions Manchester United would have returned to the tournament after being knocked out.

Despite being under a transfer embargo put in place by FIFA, FC Sion signed 6 players in the summer, and they all took their case to court which ruled that they could not play.

Despite this they fielded 5 off the players against Celtic in the europa league and were kicked out of the competition.

A statement from FC Sion said ""This decision is an intolerable attack on fairness in sport but comes as no surprise to the club which did not expect any courage on the part of the ASF in the face of Fifa,"

Well I think this is the least FC Sion could have expected after fielding their 6 ineligible throughout the season. I am just shocked the swiss football league did nothing about it sooner.

Was hoping Man U would get a reprieve and another English side to get through however punishing Basel for FC Sion being in the wrong would have been silly.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)   Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:29 am

Manure

The plot thickens
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)   Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:57 am

I once changed trains in Sion.

Or maybe it was Lausanne.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)   Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:46 pm

Supposed to be expensive is Switzerland? They also provide the dudes in tights that guard the Pope?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)   Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:54 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:
The Swiss football association have left it late but they have docked FC Sion 36 points much to the dismay of Manchester United.

FC Sion fielded no less than 6 ineligible players signed while under a transfer embargo. FC Sion beat Celtic to qualify for the Europa league but have been thrown out.

Before FC Sion were punished FIFA threatened to ban the Swiss national side and club sides from entering any future competitions. Therefore swiss champions FC Basel would have been thrown out of the champions league and Premier league champions Manchester United would have returned to the tournament after being knocked out.

Despite being under a transfer embargo put in place by FIFA, FC Sion signed 6 players in the summer, and they all took their case to court which ruled that they could not play.

Despite this they fielded 5 off the players against Celtic in the europa league and were kicked out of the competition.

A statement from FC Sion said ""This decision is an intolerable attack on fairness in sport but comes as no surprise to the club which did not expect any courage on the part of the ASF in the face of Fifa,"

Well I think this is the least FC Sion could have expected after fielding their 6 ineligible throughout the season. I am just shocked the swiss football league did nothing about it sooner.

Was hoping Man U would get a reprieve and another English side to get through however punishing Basel for FC Sion being in the wrong would have been silly.

Best news of 2011 Manutd dont deserve a champions league place at all

for them its still

THURSDAY NIGHTS CHANNEL 5
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)   Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:

Need to get your facts right there cobi, the court of arbitration, said all 6 players could play, hence why the swiiss fa let fc sion field them. Fifa's threat is why they have acted, but the swiss fa's statement included saying that fc sion could take this action to court.

Sion will get the points back, the swiss fa acted to stop getting thrown out of europeon competition.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)   Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:32 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Supposed to be expensive is Switzerland? They also provide the dudes in tights that guard the Pope?

Wonderful place Switzerland. More expensive than a Spanish concrete jungle but no worse than anywhere else. Some of the best views in the world are to be seen in the Swiss alps.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)   Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points) EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:06 am

I never trust a Swiss.

Hoarders of stolen Nazi gold, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)   Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points) EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:47 am

punchdrunk wrote:

It certainly is, but I was there for work so didn't have to pay for much. Apart from beer, presents and stuff.

I had a weekend off while I was there, the best memory of which is sitting on a steamer on Lake Geneva, slapping on the factor 15 to protect my ickle nose from the lovely hot sun, and looking at the snow on the mountain tops all around.

Thinking about it, it must have been Lausanne where I changed trains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)   Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points) EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Personally I'd let the plastic armchair fans worry about Man U's season. I've got a better club to worry about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)   Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points) EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Interesting story about why Rooney didn't play against Blackburn though. If it's true Rooney and 2 other players went out for a meal with their partners on Boxind Day night, after they had stuffed Wigan 5-0, and Rooney had taken the piss out of Ferguson at the staff Christmas party, referring to the flying boot at Beckham episode, and Fergie apparently said Rooney would pay for it. Now Man Utd can't afford to lose Rooney so it will be interesting to see how far this goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)   Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points) Empty

Back to top Go down

Man U reprieve hopes ended (FC Sion docked 36 points)
Page 1 of 1