PatDunne
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Newport match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:10 pm

X Isle wrote:
Buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

The pitch, the weather, the Christmas 'hangover'. I'd sell my grandmother for a point today.

lol! Enjoy it eh Smiffy.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:11 pm

I will Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:19 pm

tigertony wrote:
We had the heart of our superb defence missing and do not have backup of that quality - as most clubs don't. Not an excuse but more of an observation. Onwards - lets beat Oxford and get back on the rails. santa

Most squad have options of at least 1 in every position in their squads to cover the main 11. We dont have that sadly ad it will cost us like today and othertimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:20 pm

When is Hartley due to return?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:22 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
When is Hartley due to return?
He's gone! Jim's sold him to exeter for a pallet of Blocks.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Blast.

Oh well, move on to the next one. Tis getting interesting at the top end of the table now. Argyle can't afford to drop out of the top seven.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Just back. So wet through my boxers are sticking to my legs and arse like cling film.

In honour of the farm here is my BS (brief synopsis - I know a synopsis is by definition brief, but anyway...)

Weather - SHITE 0
Referee - ABYSMAL 0 (you're not supposed to wave play on after two footed tackles m8)
Linesman on the right - TERRIBLE 0
Linesman on the left - IS HE EVEN A PROFESSIONAL? 0
Newport's players - CRAP 0 (looked like a side of bouncers, SCRAPPY GOALS)
Argyle's players - WIMPS 0 (I know they were bigger but let's at least try and compete here)
Sheridan - CLUELESS 0 (2-0 down, lets keep passing it from the back like Barcelona looking like we are time wasting in our own half? 20 mins to go, it's a physical game in the pissing down rain and we are losing, I'll just put Banton on in centre mid? SILLY)
Pitch 0 - ATROCIOUS - (lovely ball from Bobby to Reuben 6 yards out deflecting about 5 foot off a bobble? WTF)

I reckon it's just one of those experiences in life where the less said the better.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Village..............................enjoy the ride .............................
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 8:57 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Since Tone seems a tad off form - distracted by my appalling composition and spelling no doubt, I shall provide the usual green tinted 'call to arms'

You can't expect to win them all, especially a team like Newport with such good home form, onwards and upwards, three points on sunday, thank goodness we still have a team to support.

Eh Pat - I would never point out anyone's grammar or use of English - mine can be awful. Just the use of foul language. Anyway I do try and be optimistic so I think a win vs Oxford and today will be forgotten.

As for Pat Dunne - remember him from my early years as a green as well as John Leiper. Still way behind the great Jim Furnell.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 8:59 pm

ejh wrote:
Just back. So wet through my boxers are sticking to my legs and arse like cling film.

In honour of the farm here is my BS (brief synopsis - I know a synopsis is by definition brief, but anyway...)

Weather - SHITE 0
Referee - ABYSMAL 0 (you're not supposed to wave play on after two footed tackles m8)
Linesman on the right - TERRIBLE 0
Linesman on the left - IS HE EVEN A PROFESSIONAL? 0
Newport's players - CRAP 0 (looked like a side of bouncers, SCRAPPY GOALS)
Argyle's players - WIMPS 0 (I know they were bigger but let's at least try and compete here)
Sheridan - CLUELESS 0 (2-0 down, lets keep passing it from the back like Barcelona looking like we are time wasting in our own half? 20 mins to go, it's a physical game in the pissing down rain and we are losing, I'll just put Banton on in centre mid? SILLY)
Pitch 0 - ATROCIOUS - (lovely ball from Bobby to Reuben 6 yards out deflecting about 5 foot off a bobble? WTF)

I reckon it's just one of those experiences in life where the less said the better.

laugh Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 2:34 am

We could have made a strong statement with a win here seeing as Newport are in the playoff picture too.

Again its losing games like this that will come back and bite us hard
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 2:51 am

Shame we had to play them when we were minus two of our best defenders.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:11 am

The usual gibberish...............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 8:58 am

Angry wrote:
We could have made a strong statement with a win here seeing as Newport are in the playoff picture too.

I honestly reckon that the poor away form will be the difference between making the play offs or narrowly missing out on them.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 9:04 am

tigertony wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Since Tone seems a tad off form - distracted by my appalling composition and spelling no doubt, I shall provide the usual green tinted 'call to arms'

You can't expect to win them all, especially a team like Newport with such good home form, onwards and upwards, three points on sunday, thank goodness we still have a team to support.

Eh Pat - I would never point out anyone's grammar or use of English - mine can be awful. Just the use of foul language. Anyway I do try and be optimistic so I think a win vs Oxford and today will be forgotten.

As for Pat Dunne - remember him from my early years as a green as well as John Leiper. Still way behind the great Jim Furnell.

I'm calling a truce with the Tiger, 'tis Christmas after all, Jim Furnell was without doubt our best keeper, but Pat was the first one I watched and on his day was superb. What I can't admit to is blind faith, X Isle loves being the self styled voice of reason, well, reason this one - IMO we will still be in League Two come the start of next season, our longest period in the bottom division ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 9:09 am

PatDunne wrote:
tigertony wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

I'm calling a truce with the Tiger, 'tis Christmas after all, Jim Furnell was without doubt our best keeper, but Pat was the first one I watched and on his day was superb. What I can't admit to is blind faith, X Isle loves being the self styled voice of reason, well, reason this one - IMO we will still be in League Two come the start of next season, our longest period in the bottom division ever.

Keeping Argyle as an established benchmark League 2 team was all part of Brent's masterplan to justify his half baked micro-stand.
The people that backed him during his odious campaign for HHP deserve to be tarred, feathered and paraded around the pitch at half time.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 10:03 am

It was always going to be a hard one to get anything out of but all everyone can do is to look forward to the next game. can't really afford to feck up against Oxford, it's gonna get full on now for the promotion places - need to be consistent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 10:10 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:

I honestly reckon that the poor away form will be the difference between making the play offs or narrowly missing out on them.

I'm still sticking with avoiding promotion via the playoffs. Teams that go up automatically bury these games (as Newport did to us) good enough for the playoffs but I can't see us winning them as the final is deffo an away match. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Let's just hope yesterday was a blip, we must win tomorrow to stay in contention, Trust in Shezza, get yer fcuking wallet out Jimmy or do one, we MUST get out of this dogshit division this season!!
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 1:57 pm

We've had too many years of hope and not enough determination under speccy to get out of this league, he's still learning you see and doesn't know f-all about football, so it's a great default stance to have isn't it!

Short arms long pockets syndrome doesn't help either!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 2:07 pm

All the Presidents Men wrote:
We've had too many years of hope and not enough determination under speccy to get out of this league, he's still learning you see and doesn't know f-all about football, so it's a great default stance to have isn't it!

Short arms long pockets syndrome doesn't help either!

The club gets 7000 every week yet all we get is short term loans, job seeking rejects and bull shit fairy tales about a new Grand Stand! Dark days under Brent, the fans deserve better than this.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 2:54 pm

the 'competitive' budget that couldn't find £900 for the academy cameras......
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 3:36 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Or hundred and fifty quid for a new flag!cheers
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:32 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Or hundred and fifty quid for a new flag!cheers

Or the money to re open the Far Post club so it can earn more money for the club!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:53 pm

That is the best, some business brains there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newport match thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next