Rickler
Greenskin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

N Power Fan of the Year - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N Power Fan of the Year   N Power Fan of the Year - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:04 pm

ftsm

feckin talk sense matey
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: N Power Fan of the Year   N Power Fan of the Year - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:25 pm

My vote will always be with Sue Pollard, because I think she is fit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N Power Fan of the Year   N Power Fan of the Year - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:25 am

Richard Blight wrote:
Personally I would prefer such an award was given to the likes of Rob & Doreen Sams of Langport Somerset or John Kimber of Ashburton who to my knowledge have been to every home and away match for years. They don't own a computer between them and as such are highly unlikely to win such an award over someone who is well known in internet circles.

In the quest to keep Argyle alive,there are far too many people who have done their bit to help to single out individuals. Some have become well known,mainly through the power of the internet but there are countless more who have received little or no thanks at all. Indeed some don't wish any thanks.

Richard, I understand completely where u are coming from.. but they won't win the vote purely because no one knows them, so its a waste of time and a waste of a vote imho.

I don't think anyone wishes for thanks, well no one who I regularly volunteer with does anyway.. its just about doing your bit. A lot of people know sue and she would be a worthy winner.. its not fan of the decade award, its not about miles travelled its fan of the year!

I for one, would love it to be an argyle fan, therefore will b voting for Sue. You seem to suggest because she is fairly well known, she is not worthy of your vote Richard.

Everyone has done what they can as a fan, whether that's give the last bit of pocket money into the staff fund, or spend afternoons leafleting the city centre.. but if everyone votes for random different people then an argyle fan won't win..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N Power Fan of the Year   N Power Fan of the Year - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:30 am

What pleases me the most is I don't think anyone has mentioned a vote for our illustrious leader Very Happy Very Happy jocolor jocolor lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N Power Fan of the Year   N Power Fan of the Year - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:33 am

Tiberius wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: N Power Fan of the Year   N Power Fan of the Year - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:48 am

Tiberius wrote:

And she can dance as well!!!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N Power Fan of the Year   N Power Fan of the Year - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:13 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Tiberius wrote:

And she can dance as well!!!

.............hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N Power Fan of the Year   N Power Fan of the Year - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:11 pm

i would vote for someone like sue for this award lets make it happen lady and gents
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: N Power Fan of the Year   N Power Fan of the Year - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:57 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:
Personally I would prefer such an award was given to the likes of Rob & Doreen Sams of Langport Somerset or John Kimber of Ashburton who to my knowledge have been to every home and away match for years. They don't own a computer between them and as such are highly unlikely to win such an award over someone who is well known in internet circles.

In the quest to keep Argyle alive,there are far too many people who have done their bit to help to single out individuals. Some have become well known,mainly through the power of the internet but there are countless more who have received little or no thanks at all. Indeed some don't wish any thanks.

Richard, I understand completely where u are coming from.. but they won't win the vote purely because no one knows them, so its a waste of time and a waste of a vote imho.

I don't think anyone wishes for thanks, well no one who I regularly volunteer with does anyway.. its just about doing your bit. A lot of people know sue and she would be a worthy winner.. its not fan of the decade award, its not about miles travelled its fan of the year!

I for one, would love it to be an argyle fan, therefore will b voting for Sue. You seem to suggest because she is fairly well known, she is not worthy of your vote Richard.

Everyone has done what they can as a fan, whether that's give the last bit of pocket money into the staff fund, or spend afternoons leafleting the city centre.. but if everyone votes for random different people then an argyle fan won't win..

Zee, I've pointed out that the likes of the people I've mentioned are unlikely to win such an award, although they are well known amongst away travellers,at least by sight. Just because people are not well known shouldn't stop them getting some recognition,although these people wouldn't want it,in the first place.

I certainly haven't suggested Sue's not worthy of my vote. The point I'm making (probably badly) is there are a lot of other equally deserving people and not just the ones who have become well known in the media or on the internet. At this moment in time there are so many deserving people to choose from,I wouldn't have a clue who to vote for. You shouldn't vote for someone just to ensure an Argyle fan wins it,vote for the person who you think deserves it. Sue is one of many deserving cases.

I wasn't aware there had been any sort of competition or decision made for all Argyle fans to put their combined weight behind any one candidate. It looks like just a few people on forums chucking some suggestions into the pot.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N Power Fan of the Year   N Power Fan of the Year - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:17 pm

This competition is all about FAN of the year, not club of the year. ZZ, your view suggests it is all about tribe and raising the profile of this club, and the normal Pasoti held view of said club..... it isn't ... it's about individuals. Vote for who you like, and others will do the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: N Power Fan of the Year   N Power Fan of the Year - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

N Power Fan of the Year
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3