Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What if.............?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

What if.............? Empty
PostSubject: What if.............?   What if.............? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:39 am

There really is no more money?

Fletch is the best we've got and Chadders and Daz are the sum total of our signings?

Without wishing to turn all Freathyesque on you all, it's a real concern. Let's suppose that JB really only did step in and buy the club to save AFC Plymouth from being in existence? Let's just suppose he really is not going to spunk tens of thousands at it.

We could be in really big trouble 12 months from now. We are in the BSP and struggling to stay afloat. Our ground that holds thousands has no atmosphere because only 3000 turn up to each home game at best. The money is running out and Brent pulls the plug stating that enough is enough and the financial drain on Akkeron is threatening the group as a whole. PAFC is would up.

Back to square one.

Does anyone else think this a real likelehood? Whilst I will always love my club, it's history and will always support them on the field, I can't help but think 'it's blue it's square and we're going there'. Financially I don't think that factors in JB's plans. He admits he knows nothing about football and the fiscal disaster that a third relegation would inflict would surely grab his balls and give them a twist.

Having said all that, I won't ever give up home of League 2 survival until it is a mathematical impossibility.

See you Saturday lads, when we take the biscuit!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: What if.............?   What if.............? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:51 am

It's as likely scenario as any other Cerbs and if it were to happen then James Brent's greatest achievement will be returning the stadium to public ownership. This realistically would allow the Trust to gain control of the club and is why I get so frustrated at those who trot out the line that the Trust is now irrelevent and could never own the club. Anyone with half a brain must have known at the time the Trust was established that little concrete could be achieved in the timescale existing, but next time, well that's a different question. I urge everyone to remain a member (or join it), the Trust's time may well come.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if.............?   What if.............? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Charlie, I asked the question of Chris Webb when his was the Trust Chairman - What happens to the Trust if the club is saved? And never received an answer. Now, without wishing to drag up who said what to whom and when, maybe Chris had other more impending Presidential matters on his mind at the time, I don't know. Anyway, it's irrelevant now.

What is pertinent was the purpose of the Trust was never to seek out a buyer or buy the club itself. Which is what I believe it should have done.

Moving forward, if the Trust states that it is going to attempt to purchase the club and give a clear statement of what its intended role will be, then I think it will gain much greater support. It's all a bit adrift at the moment, or that is my perception anyway.

I think it's a real concern that we might still be staring down both barrels of AFC Plymouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if.............?   What if.............? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Maybe Charlie, but not if it keeps giving it's money away to pay the bills of a succession of multi millionaires.
Until they promise to stop doing that and SAY they intend to own the club, I won't beinvesting my time and money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if.............?   What if.............? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:12 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Maybe Charlie, but not if it keeps giving it's money away to pay the bills of a succession of multi millionaires.
Until they promise to stop doing that and SAY they intend to own the club, I won't beinvesting my time and money.

This.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: What if.............?   What if.............? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:50 pm

I was one of the eight but was washed away by the tsunami of praaper faans. (Sorry watched hereafter last night).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if.............?   What if.............? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Lifted from P-Bay, it'll go down a storm. The subject is the legacy of the M7

Ian Newell wrote:

Perhaps the friends of these people, some of which do read this website, let them know of the complete and utter disaster they've created.

Yes, grand idea. Next time I pop into Devon Pine Furniture I'll make the suggestion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if.............?   What if.............? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:01 pm

I know it's Sunday, but i have only just worked out what p-bay is.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if.............?   What if.............? Empty

Back to top Go down

What if.............?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: