Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yeovil re appoint Johnson

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Yeovil re appoint Johnson Empty
PostSubject: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:19 pm

So if Yeovil have no problem moving a rookie manager down the setup to bring in experience to help fight of relegation simple question

WHY IS IT FROWNED APON AT PLYMOUTH ARGYLE affraid
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Phenom wrote:
So if Yeovil have no problem moving a rookie manager down the setup to bring in experience to help fight of relegation simple question

WHY IS IT FROWNED APON AT PLYMOUTH ARGYLE affraid

Because the lunatics have taken over the asylum. jocolor pig
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:43 pm

They do say "Never go back" in footballing terms, Not many have and made a success of it, So all those who are pandering for Warnock, Remember that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Southborne wrote:
They do say "Never go back" in footballing terms, Not many have and made a success of it, So all those who are pandering for Warnock, Remember that.

however you could name just as many who have been successful in a 2nd spell. remembeer that.

warnock or fletch mmm tough one but Warnock hands down regardless to fanboys not wanting him to return.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:56 pm

That's fair enough but something has to be done as soon as possible. By the end of January will be too late, proper investment now will make money in the future. BSP cannot be allowed to happen, action is needed!
Brent needs to grasp the nettle, Northampton have done it, the Gas are doing it, we have to do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Everybody is fiddling while Argyle burn's! Apparently there's going to be a meeting in the guildhall on Saturday so everything will be OK, unless they are going to un-veil a decent striker or two I don't think it will help much.
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
That's fair enough but something has to be done as soon as possible. By the end of January will be too late, proper investment now will make money in the future. BSP cannot be allowed to happen, action is needed!
Brent needs to grasp the nettle, Northampton have done it, the Gas are doing it, we have to do it.

I think you're right but Warnock is not the answer, Long gone are the days when he has had to run things on a tight budget, Ok most of the clubs, Even in the CCC haven't bags of cash to splash about he's managed in the past but going to PAFC is a whole new ball game, The chairman/owner has stated he's not a cash cow and even though he has brought in a couple of new faces so far, That was a case of really having to otherwise IMHO the club would have been even further adrift.

Ive seen peoples arguments for keeping Fletcher saying "Who else is out there" or "Anyone new would want cash to spend" well i say to those, There are loads of lower league managers out of work who know what its like to wheel and deal this far down the footballing ladder and could do a far better job than thats going on at the moment also if Warnock came here he would want some sort of financial guarantees about team strengthening and at the moment the club hasn't got a pot to piss in, It maybe saved from short term liquidation but long term there is a hell of more work to do, Dont forget also the FL are still looking at this takeover because of all their misgivings on how it was conducted and ended, So they suddenly see bags of cash being spent they are going to wonder two things, 1, How are they having the money to spend again so soon and 2, Is it all going to end in tears like before
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:22 pm

There's now a pBay thread full of messages which are apparently going to be passed on to Warnock. Expecting him to do what? Ring up and offer his services? Don't think it works like that.

Don't get me wrong - him coming back here was the first thing I thought / hoped for when I heard yesterday's news. But there's only one person who can make that happen, and we can only hope he's being advised accordingly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Peggy wrote:
There's now a pBay thread full of messages which are apparently going to be passed on to Warnock. Expecting him to do what? Ring up and offer his services? Don't think it works like that.

Don't get me wrong - him coming back here was the first thing I thought / hoped for when I heard yesterday's news. But there's only one person who can make that happen, and we can only hope he's being advised accordingly.

it fills me with no confidence when i keep hearing our owner gets advised by fans on how to run his business.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:04 pm

There was a golden opportunty to make the right choice when Reid was sacked but the decision was made to silence the strikers and we are continuing to reap what the Riddler has sown. There is still time to make the right decisions now but that time is running out. Our rivals are doing it we need to do. It will take a relatively small investment to do this, especially what it will cost to be in the BSP for a number of years. Get an experienced manager in, plus a couple of players, give Argyle a realistic chance of staying up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
There was a golden opportunty to make the right choice when Reid was sacked but the decision was made to silence the strikers and we are continuing to reap what the Riddler has sown. There is still time to make the right decisions now but that time is running out. Our rivals are doing it we need to do. It will take a relatively small investment to do this, especially what it will cost to be in the BSP for a number of years. Get an experienced manager in, plus a couple of players, give Argyle a realistic chance of staying up.

i concur.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:17 pm

Having read that thread over the road, I'm now convinced the Warnock deal is already signed sealed and delivered, and we will all be thanking Pasoti (can I have another banner GOB?) for 'seeing it over the line'.

Welcome back Neil.

(Is there a tongue in cheek smiley?)

Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:44 pm

GibGreen wrote:
Having read that thread over the road, I'm now convinced the Warnock deal is already signed sealed and delivered, and we will all be thanking Pasoti (can I have another banner GOB?) for 'seeing it over the line'.

Welcome back Neil.

You can't have another banner. They ruin the thread width. But you may use this avatar Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Errrrrrrrrrm,

Thanks, but your alright.

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:04 pm

So the vice president, thanks frank, has now decided that even his dislike of Warnock won't sway the masses so has become the spokesman for the get Warnock in club? Great if it happens, I'll be chuffed as a badger, but if it doesn't work out it will be interesting to see the vp next time he bumps into Fletcher. I also think it's already a done deal so he's not hedging his bets. Can you just see the scene when Warnock arrives and is greeted by the gang? Ere Colin I've got a few ideas on tactics and team selection! Might be the best thing ever. Not really going to need any advisors is he? Oh and Chris, I won't be posting much on internet forums, Webb has had his pasoti account hacked and someone keeps posting in his name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:14 pm

I've been waiting for a chance to use this: Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:14 pm

GibGreen wrote:

Welcome back Neil.

and i put the idea in their heads. my last act on pasoti.

i deserve a badge saying phenom for president

Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Phenom wrote:
GibGreen wrote:

Welcome back Neil.

Wink

Vice vice president is the best you're getting

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:34 pm

greenjock wrote:
Phenom wrote:
GibGreen wrote:

Welcome back Neil.

Wink

who is vice now :O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Phenom wrote:
greenjock wrote:
Phenom wrote:
GibGreen wrote:

Welcome back Neil.

Wink

who is vice now :O

pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil re appoint Johnson   Yeovil re appoint Johnson Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeovil re appoint Johnson
Page 1 of 1