Nick
125+1
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Spotlight

"Meanwhile speculation continues to mount that former Plymouth Argyle favourite Neil Warnock may be on his way back to Home Park. Warnock was sacked by Premier League QPR yesterday after a poor run of results. The 63 year old has a house in Cornwall and is very fond of the south west and Plymouth Argyle. During his tenure here he was extremely popular with fans who are now calling for his return.

Today Argyle's owner James Brent said he had a huge amount of respect for Neil but to date there had been no discusions about any potential role.

Warnock himself said he was heading down to Cornwall and would take a couple of days to think about his future."
Back to top Go down

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:41 pm

125+1 wrote:
Today Argyle's owner James Brent said he had a huge amount of respect for Neil but to date there had been no discusions about any potential role."

Only one response to that: why not?
Back to top Go down

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Indeed.

If JB has a 'huge amount of respect for Neil', he must know him quite well. Get on the blower to him.
Back to top Go down

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:58 pm

So James Brent does know a bit about football!

Come on down Col!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Yes, well. Speculation? Do they mean "We read some chat on internet forums and social networking sites such as Twitter"? I think they probably do.

Anyway, come on Neil, lets be avin' you.

(This is probably some kind of heresy but why is he referred to as Colin? I've read it for years and never understood it)
Back to top Go down

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Nick wrote:
Yes, well. Speculation? Do they mean "We read some chat on internet forums and social networking sites such as Twitter"? I think they probably do.

(This is probably some kind of heresy but why is he referred to as Colin? I've read it for years and never understood it)

they think he's a football fwiend (thumbsup)

Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Nick wrote:

I believe if you take the the letters c o l i n from his name you are left with a less than flattering word
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:19 pm

125+1 wrote:
Spotlight

"Meanwhile speculation continues to mount that former Plymouth Argyle favourite Neil Warnock may be on his way back to Home Park. Warnock was sacked by Premier League QPR yesterday after a poor run of results. The 63 year old has a house in Cornwall and is very fond of the south west and Plymouth Argyle. During his tenure here he was extremely popular with fans who are now calling for his return.

Today Argyle's owner James Brent said he had a huge amount of respect for Neil but to date there had been no discusions about any potential role.

Warnock himself said he was heading down to Cornwall and would take a couple of days to think about his future."

I read from that, that contact has been made.

Come on Colin (affectionate name), you know it makes sense. An extended bit of time on your farm (plus post season) and working on a real challenge!

What could be better?
Back to top Go down

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:23 pm

I'd say some contact has been made because Ian has started a thread for messages begging for him to come to Argyle, despite claiming somewhere he didn't like him less than 24 hours ago.

Guess who gets the credit if it does happen. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
Nick wrote:

I believe if you take the the letters c o l i n from his name you are left with a less than flattering word

Ah okay, it all becomes clear now... clown

Agree with MVL on the 'not spoken' thing. Surely - surely - some at the club must have. Perhaps one of the board memb... oh.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:35 pm

We've had nothing but bad news after bad news since Ollie left. It's about time something good happened. I'd even start going again.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Its about time we had someone who knows a bit about management at the club, and who is coherent and earns respect (judging by our disciplinary record I think this is lacking for our management team).
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 pm

Freathy wrote:
We've had nothing but bad news after bad news since Ollie left. It's about time something good happened. I'd even start going again.

Ok, had to have a quick lie down before replying!

Well done that man!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Well done that man!

Moist, Freathy is not a one trick pony, a sad act, he's just one fan who has commented on what he has experienced this past 4 years. It's ll been bad.
Warnock returning in this hour of need when we are in danger of being overrun by fools allied to a football foolhardy banker, is a stroke of luck.
It sounds to me as if we're going to take up that stroke of luck, and hopefully put to bed the nonsense that has been going on.
Warnock coming down here until the end of the season would increase crowds by well over 2,000 a game, along with almost certain safety.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:20 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Well done that man!

Moist, Freathy is not a one trick pony, a sad act, he's just one fan who has commented on what he has experienced this past 4 years. It's ll been bad.
Warnock returning in this hour of need when we are in danger of being overrun by fools allied to a football foolhardy banker, is a stroke of luck.
It sounds to me as if we're going to take up that stroke of luck, and hopefully put to bed the nonsense that has been going on.
Warnock coming down here until the end of the season would increase crowds by well over 2,000 a game, along with almost certain safety.

I think I've whooshed you PP.

I've experienced Freathy's posts for a long time. Like you, Gob and Tringy, I don't understand the bias against you on another site just because you (all) worded things differently.

Yes, he (Freathy) has been proved to be correct in a lot of what he has predicted.

Once you get past the way Freathy (and others) words things, you can pick up the general message without geting upset about negativity. I do the same with your posts (just look for the underlying message!).
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:23 am

I reckon something is going on.

I know James Brent isn't nearly as football illiterate as he and many make out and i've been following Warnocks press statements all season long. If Colin has said it once he's said it a thousand times "i'll be sacked by Christmas". He nearly walked early doors this season when the ownership was in dispute and although I thought he might have been able to save himself with the players he bought once Fernandes took full control he was back making noises about soon being unemployed in the last couple of months.

That time scale coincides with the post Ridsdale 'head hunt' for a new CEO or maybe 'chairman of football affairs' like Ridsdale was. It also coincides with the slow rate of improvement (and there HAS been improvement under Fletch, just not fast enough) since Reid departed.

To think that Brents search didn't pick up Colin's cries of impending availability?, I find that very unlikley. To think that Colin has retreated to Cornwall yet no-one from his local club or James Brents office is going to speak to him?, again I find that very unlikely.

I didn't back James Brent out of simply 'anyone but Ridsdale'. I backed him because he is a winner, he's a canny man who gets things done. I have faith and trust that something is going on behind the scenes right now and for once no news is good news.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:38 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Well done that man!

I've experienced Freathy's posts for a long time. Like you, Gob and Tringy, I don't understand the bias against you on another site just because you (all) worded things differently.

Yes, he (Freathy) has been proved to be correct in a lot of what he has predicted.

Once you get past the way Freathy (and others) words things, you can pick up the general message without geting upset about negativity. I do the same with your posts (just look for the underlying message!).

One man's informed realism, is an Aviva's negativity.

If Warnock does make the riches to rags move, Napoleon will be first in line to change his views [again] and shake his hand.
If only Neil could bring the 'headless chicken' with him ! lol!
Back to top Go down

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:47 am

Tringreen wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Well done that man!

One man's informed realism, is an Aviva's negativity.

If Warnock does make the riches to rags move, Napoleon will be first in line to change his views [again] and shake his hand.
If only Neil could bring the 'headless chicken' with him ! lol!

I think you'll find that Naps/Porkus/ModBod/IJN/Ian Newell etc etc. has already changed his opinion Tring! lol!
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:04 pm

By the way I like the subtle new ATD banner, it's like the old programme competition a season or two back when you had to spot Dave Rowntree.
Back to top Go down

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:13 pm

No matter who it is that actually makes the call we must all bow down to the porked one, it was his thread on pbay that did it!

Sir porkus of pbay I bow down to your superfan status and I only wish I could one day be as superavivaaaaaaa as you.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Clearly still angling for a permanent, free seat in the directors' box ?

That really would be the end.

Naps........
I think you've all missed the point.

JB does not want a 'wallet backed boardroom', he made that quite clear from the start. That is not what the man is about.

Small time, parochial, little club. Run by Avivas for Avivas.

By God I hope Brent isn't such a tw@t.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:28 pm

GOB wrote:

I think you'll find that Naps/Porkus/ModBod/IJN/Ian Newell etc etc. has already changed his opinion Tring! lol!

Yep, it's clear he's had his orders. Is he so lacking in intelligence that he doesn't realise he contradicts himself?
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:36 pm

X Isle wrote:
By the way I like the subtle new ATD banner, it's like the old programme competition a season or two back when you had to spot Dave Rowntree.

Smile

Thought I'd make him more/less visible as the rumours started to pile up/disappear. My life's very exciting...
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:39 pm

You're a clever guy Nick, your little tweeks here and there reflect the spirit of this site, not taking itself too seriously. Much appreciated by moi.
Back to top Go down

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:36 pm

X Isle wrote:
I reckon something is going on.

I know James Brent isn't nearly as football illiterate as he and many make out and i've been following Warnocks press statements all season long. If Colin has said it once he's said it a thousand times "i'll be sacked by Christmas". He nearly walked early doors this season when the ownership was in dispute and although I thought he might have been able to save himself with the players he bought once Fernandes took full control he was back making noises about soon being unemployed in the last couple of months.

That time scale coincides with the post Ridsdale 'head hunt' for a new CEO or maybe 'chairman of football affairs' like Ridsdale was. It also coincides with the slow rate of improvement (and there HAS been improvement under Fletch, just not fast enough) since Reid departed.

To think that Brents search didn't pick up Colin's cries of impending availability?, I find that very unlikley. To think that Colin has retreated to Cornwall yet no-one from his local club or James Brents office is going to speak to him?, again I find that very unlikely.

I didn't back James Brent out of simply 'anyone but Ridsdale'. I backed him because he is a winner, he's a canny man who gets things done. I have faith and trust that something is going on behind the scenes right now and for once no news is good news.

And I had written you off as another Nooley stooley, I seriously hope I can replace my minds image of a rudderless ship with one of your faith, however I am sure of 2 things, we will get relegated unless we get Colin or similar, and secondly, Colin would rather do some gardening than come to lge. 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Tonight   Spotlight Tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

Spotlight Tonight
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next