Another day goes by...

Go down 
+2
Freathy
Bodmin Tew
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Another day goes by... Empty
PostSubject: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Well, we are a fair bit into January now and there has been no news along the lines of new players. If Warnock is going to come here, then sooner rather than later, it is a distraction from searching for players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Cobi, there is more chance of me being the next President of the USA that Warnock landing up at HP in any sort of capacity. Also, there is no money for any players. That is clear. Purse and Chadders were the only expenditure you will see.

We don't have a board of directors, a credible manager or any backroom staff to speak of.

What we do have is a terrible disciplinary record which is going to wipe out any transfer budget there might have been once we get fined by the FA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:34 pm

I dont suggest we throw money at the team, but I would like to know actually how much james brent is prepared to spend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:
I dont suggest we throw money at the team, but I would like to know actually how much james brent is prepared to spend.

Good lad, you can stay! We be here to ask the questions no other forum dares to ask! hahaha

On a serious note I personally don't think he's got anything more to spend this year I think he's going to ride it out until the summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Nowt.

He bought the club because nobody else credible was in the frame. He paid 0.077p in the pound on the understanding that the City bought the ground. He could have, but didn't pay the loyal staff their back pay, but decided to stage payments over a number of years. The upshot being that money is being raised to accelerate these payments, whilst the multi millionaire owner of PAFC sits back and laughs at the Janners.

He isn't interested in the club Cobi. Work out £17m at £0.077 - that makes a cheap deal, that hopefully will turn a profit when he sells it on.
Back to top Go down
Bodmin Tew

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:
Well, we are a fair bit into January now and there has been no news along the lines of new players. If Warnock is going to come here, then sooner rather than later, it is a distraction from searching for players.

You would have had a fit in the old days Cobi with a match report on a Monday, team news on a Friday and nothing inbetween.

There will be news when there's something to say.

Why do we need to know how much Brent is going to spend? If there is some logic to your request then let me know otherwise when can we meet up for a game of Poker?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Bodmin Tew wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

You would have had a fit in the old days Cobi with a match report on a Monday, team news on a Friday and nothing inbetween.

Why do we need to know how much Brent is going to spend? If there is some logic to your request then let me know otherwise when can we meet up for a game of Poker?

Ah, yes. That old chestnut. If we were a mid table Championship club doing OK-ish with what we had you may have a point. But surely you can see this is no ordinary transfer window. Our league status and even our survival as a club depends on what brent spends (or more likely doesn't spend) this January. So I think we can be forgiven for being a little aprehensive and wanting to know what his plans are.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:09 pm

I don't think anything else will be spent. Brent's mouthpieces have already promoted the 'wage cap issue'. Its clear that without improved management and players that we are heading to the BSP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I don't think anything else will be spent. Brent's mouthpieces have already promoted the 'wage cap issue'. Its clear that without improved management and players that we are heading to the BSP.

That has been bandied about so much in the last few days, I think it's obvious that Brent has briefed his friends that this is the case so the message can be filtered onto Pasoti and there is an excuse for the inactivity. I may be wrong but it could well be that the 2 signings, plus possibly one more youngster on loan will be the sum total of our January transfers in, and I still reckon we could lose a couple too. That would mean that we already have just about the best squad we are going to have, and it's blatantly not good enough. If Bhasera goes this month and isn't replaced with someone decent, we are really in the brown stuff.

The Warnock talk may help stave off rumblings of dicontent for a while, but if it doesn't happen the hounds will need to be kept at bay with something, and a bloody great flag aint going to do it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Credit to Cockney Green Damon for pointing out rather well on a thread over on PBay that there are ways around any salary cap. Man City have negotiated a rediculous sponsorship deal for naming rights to the stadium. This doesn't count when it comes to % of turnover, so if Brent wants to plough £££'s into the side for wages, then it is very easy to override any salary cap restrictions by paying £xxxxxx for naming rights for The Akkeron Arena, or Saltrock Stadium etc.

It all depends just how serious Brent is about the footballing side of things, and with every day of 'no news', that level of seriousness at the moment can be classed as 'not very'.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Credit to Cockney Green Damon for pointing out rather well on a thread over on PBay that there are ways around any salary cap. Man City have negotiated a rediculous sponsorship deal for naming rights to the stadium. This doesn't count when it comes to % of turnover, so if Brent wants to plough £££'s into the side for wages, then it is very easy to override any salary cap restrictions by paying £xxxxxx for naming rights for The Akkeron Arena, or Saltrock Stadium etc.

It all depends just how serious Brent is about the footballing side of things, and with every day of 'no news', that level of seriousness at the moment can be classed as 'not very'.

I don't think the lumpen masses actually picked up what he was talking about though. I expect he's been warned off explaining that little scenario any further.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Therein lies the problem
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:31 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I don't think the lumpen masses actually picked up what he was talking about though. I expect he's been warned off explaining that little scenario any further.

Nobody's warned me off Charlie, think they know me too well to believe they could. Just been working my ass off and haven't been online but now notice that others have taken on the argument from where I left off!!

Quick scenario I am trying to get my head around: I win £60million on the Euromillions and I wanted to put money into the Club. I can build a new stand for £20million, no problem for the League. I can invest £5million in an Academy, again no problem for the League. But they wouldn't let me put jack sh1t into the playing squad coz we're up to the salary cap. Is that what they are saying?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:38 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Nobody's warned me off Charlie, think they know me too well to believe they could. Just been working my ass off and haven't been online but now notice that others have taken on the argument from where I left off!!

Quick scenario I am trying to get my head around: I win £60million on the Euromillions and I wanted to put money into the Club. I can build a new stand for £20million, no problem for the League. I can invest £5million in an Academy, again no problem for the League. But they wouldn't let me put jack sh1t into the playing squad coz we're up to the salary cap. Is that what they are saying?

pretty much however i'd shop around for a new developer if its costing you £20m i say.
Back to top Go down
Bodmin Tew

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:23 am

Freathy wrote:
Bodmin Tew wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

Ah, yes. That old chestnut. If we were a mid table Championship club doing OK-ish with what we had you may have a point. But surely you can see this is no ordinary transfer window. Our league status and even our survival as a club depends on what brent spends (or more likely doesn't spend) this January. So I think we can be forgiven for being a little aprehensive and wanting to know what his plans are.

If this transfer window is so critical is that not even more reason to play it as cannily as possible? If no additions are made to either the playing or coaching staff by 1st Feb then by all means criticise, it is a democratic country after all Wink

I see no benefit, apart from Cobi being able to sleep more soundly at night, in Argyle declaring their hand before/during negotiations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:28 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

But you'd have the money to spend. I THINK James Brent hasn't got a penny to spend and we've been sold a goodun with this gentleman malarky and jobs for the boys situation....of course if it turns out i'm wrong i'll hold my hands up but we're 11 days into January and we've signed NOBODY NEW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another day goes by...   Another day goes by... Empty

Back to top Go down

Another day goes by...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: