Czarcasm
RegGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
VillageGreen
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

New Signing - Hiram Boateng Empty
PostSubject: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 9:27 am

coming in a mo

Last edited by Angry on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 9:29 am

INTERNATIONAL NOVELTY QUARTETTE - Eton Boating Song is the clue

so its either an ex international, shit, there are 4 of them coming or they are inbreads who like boating
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 9:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hiram Boateng here till 2nd january
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:08 am

Welcome to the madhouse Hiram, i hope you enjoy your time at Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:10 am

good goal.

Not sure what kind of midfielder he is whether he plays on the wing or in the middle, attack minded or defensive.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 11:45 am

On the facebook group a Palace fan has said he will boss our midfield in L2 - he's like a left footed Yaya Toure apparently.

We shall see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 11:47 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
On the facebook group a Palace fan has said he will boss our midfield in L2 - he's like a left footed Yaya Toure apparently.

We shall see.

we better find put when his birthday is and not forget it if thats the gues.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Reserve judgment until i see the boy play..haha..a left footed yaya toure dont know about that..but is gotta be better than a no footed jason Banton..lol
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 4:42 pm

Apparently he's the new YaYa Touré, if you listen to the Aviva Massive on The Farm. After all he did manage one outing when on loan at Crawley for two months last year.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 5:53 pm

So Jimmy's cunning plan is to bring in loan players till january, then watch them all leave like last january? leaving the club up shit creek again.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Maybe it was Palace's idea?

They reckon he's good enough for the championship so if he does "tear up" league 2 they can loan him higher up to increase his development.

That's the problem with loans, they're not your players. Not a fan of loans for that reason, but he sounds promising.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:30 pm

Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

We shall see.

we better find put when his birthday is and not forget it if thats the gues.
laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:31 pm

Do we only know pessimism on yer !
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Graiser wrote:
Do we only know pessimism on yer !

What do you mean . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:55 pm

If he was anywhere near as good as being made out he wouldn't still be at Palace and would be going to a championship club on loan.

Just saying like.

Reckon he'll be OK but the next Yaya is being touted at £70m ffs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Sounds like we have a player of some potential on our hands. Very encouraging!

Even if he ends up on the bench, he's still a much better option than Olly Norburn, Olly Lee, Dom Blizzard, Gethin Jones and the other bench options we had last season. None were capable of the skill shown in that clip, totally incapable of it.

So Boateng is a great signing whichever way you look at it. Hopefully the kid enjoys his football here. Look forward to a few more 'Premier League loans' if this is what Derek the wheeler dealer is capable of in the market.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 11:42 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Apparently he's the new YaYa Touré, if you listen to the Aviva Massive on The Farm. After all he did manage one outing when on loan at Crawley for two months last year.

Always the way - fans of one club always patronise fans of another when a likable player moves, and confidently state how well he will perform 'at that level'.

Really? It's most likely a level you have barely seen anything of.

Very recently Hereford F.C. reformed out of the embers of the old Hereford United, and to all intents and purposes reformed as a small amateur club. Two of their first signings were Sol Wheatley and Nathan Summers, two former Argyle apprentices.

Straight away an Argyle fan is on there saying how highly rated they were and how well they will dominate 'that level'. My friend was buzzing and called me. I said calm down, the pair weren't exactly 'highly rated' - I dont think either even made the first team bench, and both were released without ceremony because the fans didn't really know who they were, or care much at all. I said they were a total unknown quantity, just kids basically who have likely shown glimpses of potential.

Soon after I had the privilege of seeing them both v FC United in a friendly with the same friend. Wheatley was very poor in my opinion, but Summers looked capable. My friend was of the same opinion. Maybe the lads have just found their level in Midlands lower level semi-pro football?

With regards to Boateng, let's just see how he does for Argyle first. And not listen to Palace fans who have no idea about League Two football on how good he will be. This isnt the U19s league now but 'blood and snotters' football. Will he take a shine to it? We shall see soon enough.
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:24 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
So Jimmy's cunning plan is to bring in loan players till january, then watch them all leave like last january? leaving the club up shit creek again.

Maybe Adams has the sense to realise this and will have other players lined up.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 10:21 am

Looks like he has some talent. Can't really judge him until we see him though, as I don't think the Crawley loan tells us anything. If he's 19 now, he was 18 last season - can't be too many of them playing regularly in L1, especially in the rough and tumble of a central midfield position. Let's see how he deals with the physical side of things.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 12:08 pm

The boy mite be in for a bit of a shock his proberly used to the tippy tappy football of a premier league youth side
Bit of a culture shock bloody & snotters of L2 football..plus his gunna be getting the granny kicked out of him by experience hard midfields of L2..hope the boy copes...good luck son your gunna need it in this league
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Another Palace player, on a video following the goal, says Boateng sits in front of the back four but can and does go on a run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:56 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Another Palace player, on a video following the goal, says Boateng sits in front of the back four but can and does go on a run.
Seeing as you've given it a shot Tring, so will I.
I don't want to see another woossy in front of the back 4 might go forward, might not, type of player. Argyle have played ineffective tippy tappy for far too long at the back, as I assume most unsuccessful clubs these days on billiard table pitches.
Chadders was a "prospect", and what a joke that was. The country is full of late teens failing as a pro as their bones and head just don't cut it. If this guy was any good while signed by a big club, he wouldn't be loaning to a league 2 property delopment company. Having said that, I do like the way Adams talks.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:21 pm

Indeed. Adams.........the only ray of hope. Wonder for how long he'll tolerate the badly hidden agendas of those running the village show.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 1:13 am

John Hawkins wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Seeing as you've given it a shot Tring, so will I.
I don't want to see another woossy in front of the back 4 might go forward, might not, type of player. Argyle have played ineffective tippy tappy for far too long at the back, as I assume most unsuccessful clubs these days on billiard table pitches.
Chadders was a "prospect", and what a joke that was. The country is full of late teens failing as a pro as their bones and head just don't cut it. If this guy was any good while signed by a big club, he wouldn't be loaning to a league 2 property delopment company. Having said that, I do like the way Adams talks.

I'll raise you - Lavery?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 3:34 am

Lavery serves to illustrate my point. As soon as it appeared he might be any good, he was rudely hooked back to his parent club. Subsequently loaned again to the massive Chesterfield. Still an unproven player with less than 50 games under his belt at the age of 22/23.
Fans down here have become accustomed to second best where any professional under the age of 35 and with two functioning legs is considered a world beater.

The Aviva football opinion has long been unrealistic ever since the ludicrous 'headless chicken' routine... More an attempt at local political correctness than a serious football opinion. Can't be doing with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng Empty

Back to top Go down

New Signing - Hiram Boateng
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next