Elias
harvetheslayer
tigertony
Ken Adams
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ken Adams

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:09 pm

While i am fully aware of injuries being a major issue to a depleted squad, i actually welcome the opportunity that Brunt may have now Reid has a knock. He seemingly impressed today and while others struggled in the run in last year he maintained his form. He has served his time as a back-up so lets give the guy a chance. Given that we seem to be able to score from midfield now this may lift a burden on our 'strikers' and ease Brunt in. Opinions...?
Back to top Go down

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:33 pm

Early to assume he will be playing. Adams could easily put Jervis in the Reuben role and use Tanner right wing. And Reuben might even be fit yet.

But I do agree Brunt deserve some kind of chance. He gets put down by many but he's a very effective player with infectious determination. I think he will do better in DA's system with wingers to flick on/offload to, rather than Shez's 3-5-2 which left him a bit too isolated at times.

Look forward to seeing him if he gets the nod.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 12:04 am

Last season if Roobs had been replaced after 15 mins with Brunty then some fans would have had their head in their hands shaking uncontrollably. Today, when it happened, I just thought ''OK - lets go''
I fear I may be sick because this season I'm not thinking ''hope we score'' but ''I wonder how many we will score'' - strange feeling! salute
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 6:43 am

I'd wager big money that we wont be needing any Play Offs this Year
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Along way to go yet bhey, transfer window aint shut yet.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 11:38 pm

Depending on Reuben's injury we may need another striker yet.

Brunt is alright but feel iffy about using him every game and other than that it's Jervis realistically - if one of those is injured we're screwed.

A one month's loan for somebody would suffice I imagine.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Paven wrote:
Depending on Reuben's injury we may need another striker yet.

Brunt is alright but feel iffy about using him every game and other than that it's Jervis realistically - if one of those is injured we're screwed.

A one month's loan for somebody would suffice I imagine.

What about Tanner(can play as a striker), Harvey, Rooney, Smalley(nearly fit apparently)?.......And with our midfield goal threat greatly improved with the likes of Carey and Wilde I think we're ok from an attacking perspective, serious competition for Mellor should be our priority imo.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 12:05 am

Mellor was excellent on Saturday. He's improved game on game for me, while at first I was sure we needed a right back - if Adams can get this consistently out of Mellor (which seeing how he's done so far wouldn't be a surprise) then we'll be fine.

An O'Connor type would have been annoyingly perfect really.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 12:24 am

A Drew Talbot would be better, could easily play rb/rwb or cm, O'Connor was limited to dcm or cb, positions where we already have ample options with, Boateng, Cox, McHugh, Hartley, Nelson. Having Mellor as our only rb option(Nelson or Bentley not good enough to play there imo) is risky at best, he can't defend.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:16 am

And Drew Talbot is a former centre-forward too (scored in a L1 play-off final for Sheffield Wednesday a few years ago).
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 4:41 pm

Did he? Forgot him but he'd be a good option, certainly as a genuinely good utility man - and they're rare. Hence we'll never see him play for us again.
Back to top Go down

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Losing Drew Talbot was the biggest reason we failed to gain promotion
Back to top Go down

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:20 pm

It's a big call but yep.
Brunt did very well on Saturday and Reid hasn't looked the player he was since his injury at Exeter last season.
Back to top Go down

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:57 pm

If we've got a wish list of old argyle players I'd have Shelley back in a mo, calm, composed and can hit a sweet pass, back in the real world I'd be looking for a bit of experience, I reckon Reid will play and score his share, we maybe need some answer to the bigger bullying teams, a gert centre back that would stick in the odd header from a corner would be nice. As for the goals if it ain't broke don't fix it, my main worry is with a thin squad we get Sussed out by one team, all other teams follow suit and the goals dry up, I'd like to see another four decent players come in and I think well storm it, lightweight squad and the honeymoon may not last too long.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 7:36 am

All we can hope for is when the injurys kick in later in the season and they will that Del bhey..will be lucky and find a couple of decent loans as his eye for a player on the cheap so far aint been to shabby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brunt's chance... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunt's chance...   Brunt's chance... Empty

Back to top Go down

Brunt's chance...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: