HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Huddersfield Town

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Huddersfield Town Empty
PostSubject: Huddersfield Town   Huddersfield Town EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 8:18 pm

I'm just throwing this out there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm wondering if there is a stadium ownership model which works at all!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Huddersfield Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Town   Huddersfield Town EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Loads of them, although Coventry isn't one of them. Just a case of working out who the model works for. In this city we had a great stadium ownership model for decade upon decade, where the local Council owned the stadium, and the club, in this sense, were model tenants. One could almost call our history at Home Park, social housing, where the landlord and tenant acted in mutual harmony, and the club actually put their bins out on the right day. We need that to continue, and we need more social housing, but of course we all know now all social housing is about to be sold off.

I have a feeling Brent just won't be able to resist buying some land, any land, at the trailed knock down price of the reported Home Park buy back offer.This offer is supposed to be to the "Football club", but what's the betting there's a pension fund or two that cross dresses in boots and shorts, calling itself Argyle, and bags the prize, before he moves on from the actual football club itself.
Imagine that, Brent the eternal reluctant landlord. affraid
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Huddersfield Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Town   Huddersfield Town EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:29 pm

Aren't the AFT looking into community asset

FOCP is looking into the Park becoming a community asset
Back to top Go down

Huddersfield Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Town   Huddersfield Town EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:59 pm

You are always a balanced breath of fresh air for a football fan, TG.

I wouldn't wait on the AFT to do anything, let alone get that one together. I personally don't believe they really mean it, as they are sure to be aware that such a move would upset Saint James.

Sill, Bob insists the AFT are on the case. Laughing  
The FOCP are far more likely to succeed in their endeavour.
Back to top Go down

Huddersfield Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Town   Huddersfield Town EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:11 am

John Hawkins wrote:
Loads of them, although Coventry isn't one of them. Just a case of working out who the model works for. In this city we had a great stadium ownership model for decade upon decade, where the local Council owned the stadium, and the club, in this sense, were model tenants. One could almost call our history at Home Park, social housing, where the landlord and tenant acted in mutual harmony, and the club actually put their bins out on the right day. We need that to continue, and we need more social housing, but of course we all know now all social housing is about to be sold off.

I have a feeling Brent just won't be able to resist buying some land, any land, at the trailed knock down price of the reported Home Park buy back offer.This offer is supposed to be to the "Football club", but what's the betting there's a pension fund or two that cross dresses in boots and shorts, calling itself Argyle, and bags the prize, before he moves on from the actual football club itself.
Imagine that, Brent the eternal reluctant landlord. affraid

I have a mate who's brother lives in the smoke, he can buy his council flat for £65k but doesn't have the money, luckily someone introduced him to someone who does and after five years they will both recieve a cool £125k when they sell it, I'm sure that mr "I haven't got a pot to piss in Brent" will come up with some dosh in this way when the land grab comes up, we could be saddled with Brent along with others of his type for years now.
Back to top Go down

Huddersfield Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Town   Huddersfield Town EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:16 am

John Hawkins wrote:
You are always a balanced breath of fresh air for a football fan, TG.

I wouldn't wait on the AFT to do anything, let alone get that one together. I personally don't believe they really mean it, as they are sure to be aware that such a move would upset Saint James.

Sill, Bob insists the AFT are on the case. Laughing  
The FOCP are far more likely to succeed in their endeavour.

As a member of the trust it saddens me to have to agree with that statement John. Too busy being part of the parade to be a force for the fans, some need to read back on why the trust was set up in the first place, never again was the cry, the cry is now drowned out by a rousing rendition of "onward Brentite soldiers, marching on to WOR, with the curse of Porkie, we are doomed foreshore!"
Painting the shop front and raising money for charidee is shorely the job of the GT's, the trust should be amassing a pot to jump in with when and if the chance arises to wrest the club back from Brent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Huddersfield Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Town   Huddersfield Town Empty

Back to top Go down

Huddersfield Town
Page 1 of 1